doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: HOS Doves in Cordoba - 10/16/17 06:03 PM
Has anyone been to Cordoba recently? If so, how were the doves? As plentiful as always?
Posted By: bill schodlatz Re: Doves in Cordoba - 10/17/17 12:06 AM
It's been three years but check with Louis Seir, great hunting lodge, good food, brew and lots of dove. Seir does not work with any of the "names" that run the big adds. He said all they do is add 30% to the cost.

bill
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Doves in Cordoba - 10/17/17 01:03 AM
+1 for Luis Sier. Been with him twice, and am in the prelim planning of a trip now for next August. Luis owns much of the land he hunts, including a 1600 acre roost, so he is a good source of info on the dove numbers. In 2003 there were an estimated 25,000,000 doves in that one roost, and increasing by roughly a million a year, according to his biologist.

BTW, he once took me into the roost at first light to see the doves there for myself. It was a surreal experience. I will never forget it.

SRH
Posted By: ellenbr Re: Doves in Cordoba - 11/08/17 01:00 PM
My sources give that there was a massive hail storm in Cordoba in Oktober. Not sure which roosts were affected? But I can't believe hail could put that big of a dent into the population. Might just be advertising propaganda?

Cheers,

Raimey
rse
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Doves in Cordoba - 11/08/17 05:50 PM
I'll check with Luis about that, Raimey.

SRH
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com