doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: PALUNC "All the money in the world" - 12/31/17 09:29 PM
Went to see this movie today that was based on the grandson of J. Paul Getty kidnapping.
There were two scenes in the movie that showed nice double guns, first was Getty watching two young ladies at his estate shooting trap being thrown by a guy sitting on a clay target thrower. And the second one was him in his gun room cleaning one of his Purdey's I suppose.
Just neat to see.
Posted By: treblig1958 Re: "All the money in the world" - 12/31/17 09:38 PM
With his money and as much as he loved the English country and culture he probably had a whole room full of them.

Good movie?
Posted By: eightbore Re: "All the money in the world" - 12/31/17 10:19 PM
What is the title of the movie? Is it "All the Money in the World"?
Posted By: treblig1958 Re: "All the money in the world" - 12/31/17 10:22 PM
Yes.
Posted By: Jagermeister Re: "All the money in the world" - 12/31/17 11:36 PM
There were nice driven game scenes in Out of Africa right at the beginning of the movie. Great one to watch few times over as time goes by. Another good hunting movie was White Hunter Black Heart with Clint.
Posted By: old colonel Re: "All the money in the world" - 01/01/18 01:28 AM
I believe Getty at least had a pair of Westley Richards 20 bores w 27in barrels as I brought the empty case with his name on it.

I have often wondered what the guns looked like.
Posted By: steve f Re: "All the money in the world" - 01/01/18 03:05 AM
Originally Posted By: Jagermeister
There were nice driven game scenes in Out of Africa right at the beginning of the movie. Great one to watch few times over as time goes by. Another good hunting movie was White Hunter Black Heart with Clint.

Didn't Eastwood visit the Holland & Holland showroom in the film? Been a long time, maybe it was Purdey.
Posted By: L. Brown Re: "All the money in the world" - 01/01/18 02:36 PM
"The Shooting Party" is also well worth watching.
Posted By: Karl Graebner Re: "All the money in the world" - 01/01/18 03:10 PM
Larry,
I watch it during the holidays every year. James Mason's last film.
Karl
Posted By: Geo. Newbern Re: "All the money in the world" - 01/01/18 05:02 PM
Just finished binge watching the Downton Abbey series PBS had on this weekend. Only a little on guns but Lord I sure do miss that TV show...Geo
Posted By: Condor Re: "All the money in the world" - 01/02/18 01:32 AM
Just finished my annual watch of "The Shooting Party" and those segments of Downtown Abby with the Pheasant , then Stalking and finally the Grouse hunt. One series worth watching is " The Crown" on Netflix. Queen Elizabeth's life, but in series One, is a duck hunt and then a Driven shoot with what appears to be as a H & H side lock that King George was shooting. In series 2 is a Grouse hunt. IDing the guns is difficult but worth seeing.
Do not forget to watch Gotsford Park.... by the same producer as Downton Abby and is about a shooting party weekend murder mystery at a manor house .
Posted By: arrieta2 Re: "All the money in the world" - 01/02/18 02:06 PM
If your not just interested about his shooting or his gun and more about the man:

Read :As I See It" By J.Paul Getty

One of the best book I have read.

John Boyd
Posted By: tudurgs Re: "All the money in the world" - 01/02/18 03:12 PM
I posted earlier that I bought my present Lab from Vince Mitchell, who was the "technical advisor" for the Shooting Party. If he's still alive, he would be in his late 8o's. At age 83 he apparently was imprisoned for pedophilia. Never would have guessed. Seemed like a nice grandfatherly type.
Posted By: eightbore Re: "All the money in the world" - 01/02/18 03:24 PM
So what else is new?
Posted By: treblig1958 Re: "All the money in the world" - 01/02/18 04:26 PM
This movie has all sorts of doubles in it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086497/

The movie could have been better if they just stuck to the script.
Posted By: AlanD Re: "All the money in the world" - 01/06/18 10:40 AM
The real star of All the Money in the World, is the Jenson Interceptor that Mark Walhburg drives!

Regards

AlanD
Sydney
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com