doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: al Different checkering - 03/06/18 02:04 AM
Maybe you will see some humor in this aftermarket checkering/stippling/???

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/752090174
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Different checkering - 03/06/18 02:08 AM
Pretty sad, to me.

SRH
Posted By: Jagermeister Re: Different checkering - 03/06/18 02:19 AM
Originally Posted By: al

Those are Glock panels. They do that to old Glock pistol grips to make them slimmer and more tactile.
Posted By: Karl Graebner Re: Different checkering - 03/06/18 02:23 AM
Perhaps someone's idea of a way to "freshen up/recut checkering"?
One more way to ruin a gun.
Karl
Posted By: KY Jon Re: Different checkering - 03/06/18 03:11 AM
At least he had the good sense not to claim it was an upgrade. No fixing that without a ton of work cutting it out and inlaying new wood to checker. That would take a bit of time and effort but could be done. What I worry about is what it might be hiding under all that ugliness.
Posted By: SDH-MT Re: Different checkering - 03/06/18 05:08 AM
That's very clearly pneumatic hammer work, pro quality at that~~
Posted By: keith Re: Different checkering - 03/06/18 09:20 AM
Originally Posted By: Jagermeister
Originally Posted By: al

Those are Glock panels. They do that to old Glock pistol grips to make them slimmer and more tactile.

If this comment was intended to show us your lack of knowledge Jagermeister...Mission Accomplished! But considering that you do not own any double shotguns at all, your comment is hardly surprising.
Posted By: GLS Re: Different checkering - 03/06/18 10:33 AM
I've been able to achieve the same effect with a hand drill and 1/8" drill bit but one has to be careful not to go too deep. It takes a lot of time, maybe 10 minutes, to do one side of a Parker; 8 minutes tops for a Fox. Gil
Posted By: BrentD, Prof Re: Different checkering - 03/06/18 02:41 PM
That gun has been kicking around for quite a while now. Hard to imagine it was once somebody's dream.
Posted By: DoubleTake Re: Different checkering - 03/06/18 03:03 PM
Ugh!
Posted By: Doug Mann Re: Different checkering - 03/06/18 03:34 PM
I wonder if this whole travesty started as an attempt to cover up the plug n the right side cheek panel? In an event this Parker could be the base for a nice upland bird gun upgrade - JMO

Doug
Posted By: BrentD, Prof Re: Different checkering - 03/06/18 03:37 PM
Originally Posted By: Doug Mann
I wonder if this whole travesty started as an attempt to cover up the plug n the right side cheek panel? In an event this Parker could be the base for a nice upland bird gun upgrade - JMO

Doug

That's exactly what I was thinking. but then you would still have a Parker.
Posted By: treblig1958 Re: Different checkering - 03/06/18 04:37 PM
Exactly what I was thinking also. Still a Parker with a great price tag. Buy it and send it to SDH or Doug for some TLC.
Posted By: treblig1958 Re: Different checkering - 03/06/18 04:41 PM
Look at that. A few hours to go and its jumped up to $750.00.

Its a Parker alright.
Posted By: B. Dudley Re: Different checkering - 03/06/18 05:21 PM
An otherwise honest shooter quality gun was destroyed by some idiot. Not that the gun still isnt a shooter. But it would be hard to carry that gun and not want to barf everytime you look at it.
With an unknown reserve on it, the seller will never move it. I am surprised that anyone has even bid it up as high as it is.
Posted By: canvasback Re: Different checkering - 03/06/18 05:21 PM
Originally Posted By: treblig1958
Look at that. A few hours to go and its jumped up to $750.00.

Its a Parker alright.

It may be a Parker but it looks diseased.
Posted By: treblig1958 Re: Different checkering - 03/06/18 05:34 PM
He does have a reserve on it!!! What a knucklehead.

With a redone Parker however you may lose its highest potential but you'll get a nice hunk of change out of it.
Posted By: 2-piper Re: Different checkering - 03/06/18 07:57 PM
What would the price likely be on it now if it were a Winnie model 21??, instead of a "Lowly Parker Bros".
Posted By: treblig1958 Re: Different checkering - 03/08/18 04:49 AM
I don't know but a few nights of perusing some auction sites it looks like more people are interested, as in more bids placed not necessarily auctions won, in the Model 21 then the Parker.
Posted By: 67galaxie Re: Different checkering - 03/08/18 05:54 AM
I would love to hunt with it just as you guys would but wow I can't believe its on the block anywhere
Posted By: al Re: Different checkering - 06/06/18 06:56 PM
More after market checkering. Some people apparently can't resist.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/774246062
Posted By: KY Jon Re: Different checkering - 06/06/18 07:14 PM
The A grade is odd. Clearly marked CE over the A grade stamp. The stock needs to be replaced. Nothing that ugly with that bad of a crack is worth keeping in my gun room. Also the rib looks odd to me. Barrels clearly over polished before the last blue job. Most of the letters are half wiped out. To me it’s a barreled action needing a new stock. Unless you like doing that yourself that’s going to be major money. I loose interest in that type of gun when it gets much over five hundred, six at the most.
Posted By: ed good Re: Different checkering - 06/06/18 11:46 PM
ya no keet, you wooda made a good miner...u jes keep chippin away...never stop, never need a rest..,jes encessently diggin yo tunnel to no wares...
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Different checkering - 06/06/18 11:57 PM
Originally Posted By: ed good
ya no keet, you wooda made a good miner...u jes keep chippin away...never stop, never need a rest..,jes encessently diggin yo tunnel to no wares...

Nobody rattled your cage. keith was responding to Jagermeister, not you. Why don't you take your own counsel and keep quiet if you don't have something helpful to add? Remember.................. YOU said that, not I.

SRH
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com