doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Geo. Newbern Winchester 21 - 04/21/18 03:00 PM
A woman brought her husband's old shotgun in to a local gunstore and almost caused a riot. These pictures are going around...Geo

Posted By: bbman3 Re: Winchester 21 - 04/21/18 03:34 PM
I bet they offered her $1000.00 for it. Bobby
Posted By: ed good Re: Winchester 21 - 04/21/18 03:43 PM
looks like a high end turkish gun...
Posted By: Geo. Newbern Re: Winchester 21 - 04/21/18 03:45 PM
Originally Posted By: bbman3
I bet they offered her $1000.00 for it. Bobby

At Least! I don't know whether she was a widow or if it was a divorce booty?...Geo

If its divorce booty, I'd feel different about what she cashes it in for.
Posted By: Jagermeister Re: Winchester 21 - 04/21/18 06:40 PM
Wonderful gun thanks for pics. It looks like something that may have come out of famous old Pachmayr Gun Shop from California.
Posted By: bbman3 Re: Winchester 21 - 04/21/18 10:29 PM
Not with that side panel checkering job going right up to the edges.Bobby
Posted By: 67galaxie Re: Winchester 21 - 04/22/18 05:53 PM
Widow sale. I'll find out the specs on it soon
Posted By: 67galaxie Re: Winchester 21 - 04/25/18 07:36 PM
T3 outdoors in Valdosta has it. They are getting the paperwork from winchester on it. Serial number 22486
Posted By: keith Re: Winchester 21 - 04/25/18 08:03 PM
Dr. Wanker would reject this gun because the barrel wall thickness over the chambers has been reduced by all of that deep engraving and inlay work.

Originally Posted By: Wonko the Sane
Originally Posted By: ed good
wonko: are you suggesting that any metal removed to lengthen chambers or forcing cones makes a gun unsafe to shoot?

I'm not saying whether or not it is safe.
This was a cogent comment -
"You are talking about an unknown shotgun, with unknown barrel make up, re-done by an unknown personage of unknown skills and you want a finite answer, get a grip"

To me, for that very reason quoted, barrel mods of any kind instantly disqualify a gun from my interest. And I don't care whatever the reason may be/have been for it since most offered reasons are at best inane.

You, of course, may shoot whatever you care to.

Nice looking wall hanger though!
Posted By: GaryW Re: Winchester 21 - 04/26/18 03:09 AM
That's not Winchester custom shop engraving.....aftermarket engraving and Pachmayr would have added sideplates for more engraving surface as they did on many 21's and Parkers, so I doubt it's work done at the old California Pachmayr custom shop. I saw these on an internet site earlier; extensive engraving and deluxe style checkering; a Winchester custom shop gun would have most likely had A or B carved checkering with John Durkin's signature fleur de lis carving. Winchester records from Cody are circumspect at best.....Pauline Muerrle could tell instantly if this engraving was done by anyone that worked in the Winchester custom shop. As far as even remotely resembling a high end Turkish gun, that just shows the extreme ignorance and lack of knowledge exhibited in that comment.
Posted By: ed good Re: Winchester 21 - 04/26/18 03:18 AM
w: satire must be beyond you...

https://www.thehuntingedge.co.uk/shop/huglu-103-fe-silver-12g/
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com