doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: AaronN Happy Independence Day! (Pinfire edition) - 07/04/18 07:31 PM
Nice collection!
Wonderful
What fun
Happy 4th
Aaron, nice thought. I like it.

On another subject, I have a German pinfire cape gun. The rifle chamber fits a 28 ga. pinfire case perfectly. Do you have any information on a pinfire rifle cartridge of this size ?
Posted By: Hal Re: Happy Independence Day! (Pinfire edition) - 07/05/18 04:27 PM
Love the pic. I have massive collection of firecracker packs, some 19th Century. Along with tea and silk on the good ship Derby , first vessel bringing trade goods from China.
Posted By: AaronN Re: Happy Independence Day! (Pinfire edition) - 07/05/18 05:39 PM
Originally Posted By: Daryl Hallquist
Aaron, nice thought. I like it.

On another subject, I have a German pinfire cape gun. The rifle chamber fits a 28 ga. pinfire case perfectly. Do you have any information on a pinfire rifle cartridge of this size ?

Yeah. Here are a couple. 2nd row, 3rd and 4th from right.
Aaron, thanks. It looks like both projectiles you reference are conical. I was unsure about that. I guess it makes sense that a round ball might be used in a non rifled bore.

Your Pinfire Page is interesting. I'll try to find it.
Posted By: AaronN Re: Happy Independence Day! (Pinfire edition) - 07/06/18 01:04 PM
Originally Posted By: Daryl Hallquist
Aaron, thanks. It looks like both projectiles you reference are conical. I was unsure about that. I guess it makes sense that a round ball might be used in a non rifled bore.

Your Pinfire Page is interesting. I'll try to find it.

I may have an extra of the one on the right as well. I'll check for you. Also, the Pinfire Page is my column in the International Ammunition Association Journal.

I actually compiled the last 5 years of my column into a publication too if you want it. There is a lot of great pictures and information in it. https://www.amazon.com/Pinfire-Page-Aaron-Newcomer/dp/138872801X
Aaron, thanks . If you have extras, I'd be interested.

I'll look up the International Ammunition Association Journal. I was unaware of it.

Off to the Amazon page. Thanks for the help. Daryl
Aaron,

I’m a collector of British pinfire sporting guns, and your publication, and journal, are new to me. Thamks for posting the information.

Steve
Posted By: Hal Re: Happy Independence Day! (Pinfire edition) - 07/06/18 04:45 PM
Great to see collections like these!
Aaron, thanks for the efforts. When you are able to search for a duplicate or two of the 28 gauge pinfire cased rifle shells, I would be interested. Thanks, Daryl
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com