doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: pamtnman Double gun slip, best yet - 09/12/18 04:06 PM
Last year in Scotland the stalker put my rifle in a gun slip that carried like a back pack. But it was far more rugged, far better designed, and rode up high better than anything I had yet seen here in the USA.
Called the "QuickSlip."
The maker is Phil Ogden of Ogden's Shooting Supplies in Oldham, England. The slips are made in England and they show it. The two 50" versions I ordered just arrived, and they are spectacular.
We hunt deer and bear a lot with double rifles, and these slips are the best way I have found to transport them to the field and then within the field until you are ready to hunt.
For Americans, my experience is that Phil does not like to ship abroad, and I used Margarita at Bunduki Travel in Rusper, England, to handle the shipping. But these slips are worth every penny. They will last a life time. It is tough to find anything made like this any longer.
Posted By: SKB Re: Double gun slip, best yet - 09/12/18 04:13 PM
Nice products and competitive prices, sadly no rifle slings listed.
Posted By: pamtnman Re: Double gun slip, best yet - 09/12/18 04:24 PM
Steve, if you want rifle slings, have you tried the AccuRiser styles, made here in central PA? He makes them for flintlocks, double rifles, shotguns.
Posted By: SKB Re: Double gun slip, best yet - 09/12/18 04:29 PM
I have been looking at the Rigby silent sling with the thongs....might need to take the plunge.
Posted By: pamtnman Re: Double gun slip, best yet - 09/12/18 04:51 PM
Gary will make you whatever you want. He is very talented, he shoots double rifles, and he is sensitive to what DR shooters need. If he doesn't have what you want, call him. Nice guy
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Double gun slip, best yet - 09/12/18 09:04 PM
Here's what Gary's slings look like. They are well made, strong and inexpensive. Not a common combination these days. I use it wading in and out of duck holes with my doubleguns. I remove it once I get where I'm going. Only takes a few seconds.

SRH
Posted By: pamtnman Re: Double gun slip, best yet - 09/18/18 12:35 AM
www.ogdensshootingsupplies.co.uk
Posted By: 67galaxie Re: Double gun slip, best yet - 09/18/18 05:16 AM
That would be great for my lever guns too
Posted By: old colonel Re: Double gun slip, best yet - 09/18/18 11:34 AM
For years I was opposed to slings for shotguns, save turkey hunting.

Having a Manufrance with the built in sling has changed my mind. This year while walking back to the truck I have found it a nice feature.
Posted By: pamtnman Re: Double gun slip, best yet - 09/18/18 09:56 PM
The one pictured above is by accu-riser.com; Gary makes everything here in central PA, USA
Posted By: Dave in Maine Re: Double gun slip, best yet - 09/21/18 12:30 AM
That's a great design for a sling.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com