doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Argo44 Southern SxS Fall Classic? - 10/09/18 12:30 PM
My wife and I were going down to Fayetteville on 18 October. I noticed the Southern SxS is scheduled for Friday 19 Oct - Sunday 21 Oct at Georgetown S.C. I was sort of thinking about hopping over to take a look, having never been to one of these meets. I can't shoot right now - trouble with left shoulder which will be fixed shortly - but would like to see some venders and do some shopping and some hanging out and talking. Is this event worth taking a look at or is it better to wait for the Spring edition?

https://www.southernsidebyside.com
Posted By: eightbore Re: Southern SxS Fall Classic? - 10/09/18 01:36 PM
Both.
Posted By: Boats Re: Southern SxS Fall Classic? - 10/09/18 11:58 PM
In my experience the fall classic is a shooters event, one of the best. Spring classic is a vendor event, the best by far. Vendor turnout at any of several fall events is light, too many fall dates they can’t attend all. The September vintage cup had very few vendors. Backwoods should be able to let you know exactly which vendors have committed .

Boats
Posted By: DGM Re: Southern SxS Fall Classic? - 10/17/18 09:28 PM
It's a very enjoyable event. Large number of shooters. Targets are excellent, as this has been a US Open venue in recent years. There are fewer vendors than the spring event. However, the folks at Backwoods usually provide wonderful hospitality with evening receptions and people often hang around and stay on the property - so there are plenty of opportunities to talk about guns, shooting, etc. There is also hunting available on the property, so that brings some people in as well.

I'm looking forward to attending again this year. Have been in the nearby Myrtle Beach area the last few days, weather has been very nice.
Posted By: DGM Re: Southern SxS Fall Classic? - 10/18/18 01:08 AM
All the details can be read here:

https://www.backwoodsquailclub.com/southern-side-by-side
Posted By: Argo44 Re: Southern SxS Fall Classic? - 10/18/18 01:45 AM
Decided not to make the trip. A left shoulder problem is making it very difficult to hold the shotgun. It will be fixed shortly. I'll make the Spring SxS. Thanks for the responses.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com