doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: GLS Michael - 10/10/18 11:55 PM
After slamming the panhandle, it is ripping up SE Alabama and SW Georgia with hurricane force winds. Hoping Geo and 67galaxie are okay. SW Georgia is a major producer of pecans and the nuts are still on the trees green. This is going to devastate that area. I hope that no lives are lost. Gil
Posted By: David Williamson Re: Michael - 10/11/18 12:05 AM
Amen, add Stan to the prayer list I don't know how close he is.
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Michael - 10/11/18 12:27 AM
Thanks, David. The eye is supposed to pass within 15-20 miles of me very early tomorrow morning. I just hope it has lost intensity as much as they are predicting it will. I will be on the east side of the eye, if it tracks as predicted, probably the worst side for rain. I'm really much more concerned about the wind than the rain. Everything will dry out after it passes through. But, all the cotton that blows out and hits the ground may as well have never been on the bush. It's lost.

We shall see what we shall see.

Best, SRH
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Michael - 10/11/18 02:02 AM
Storm is really moving.............17 mph. Looks like the hardest winds and rain will begin about 2 a.m., now.

SRH
Posted By: canvasback Re: Michael - 10/11/18 02:17 AM
Good luck, gentlemen.
Posted By: GLS Re: Michael - 10/11/18 02:27 AM
Good luck, Stan.
Posted By: KY Jon Re: Michael - 10/11/18 11:52 AM
Good luck Stan and prayers to all in Michael's path.
Posted By: bbman3 Re: Michael - 10/11/18 12:48 PM
We never lost power but lots of rain and wind! We were Blessed! Bobby
Posted By: Argo44 Re: Michael - 10/11/18 02:09 PM
Hope things went well Stan. Just read this.
Posted By: Der Ami Re: Michael - 10/11/18 02:35 PM
And there is a special place in heaven for the "Cajun Navy", they don't have to do what they do, they just want to help.
Mike
Posted By: Perry M. Kissam Re: Michael - 10/11/18 03:23 PM
The Cajun Navy???
Posted By: David Williamson Re: Michael - 10/11/18 05:33 PM
Yes there is Mike, saw them in action on the last hurricane.
Posted By: teeny350 Re: Michael - 10/11/18 05:38 PM
I'm planning a crow hunt in the pecan orchards in S. Georgia the 1st week in November.

How did the area fare through Hurricane Michael?
Posted By: Der Ami Re: Michael - 10/11/18 08:29 PM
Perry,
They are a bunch of good "ole boys" from south LA., they convoy in wherever people are in a bind; bring their own boats, fuel, and food. They start bringing survivors in as soon as they get there. People helped them after Katrina and they make it their mission to help anyone else they can. I'll bet some of them can cook a mean Gumbo too.
Mike
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Michael - 10/11/18 10:49 PM
Just a quick check in with y'all to let you know we fared pretty good. Lost power at 6 a.m., probably 100 lbs (per acre) cotton blown out on the ground and lost. Might not get power back on for a day or two, but still grinning.

Anything that doesn't kill us just makes us stronger. Thanks for the prayers and best wishes. I'm sending this from my phone while I'm getting ice in town. Catch up with you when power is back on and computer is up and running.

Blessings, SRH
Posted By: Lloyd3 Re: Michael - 10/12/18 03:35 AM
Hang in there Stan. After two hurricanes so-far (this year!) you should be pretty tough by now.
Posted By: craigd Re: Michael - 10/12/18 03:48 AM
Thanks for the update Stan. Keeping you folks in our thoughts and prayers.
Posted By: keith Re: Michael - 10/12/18 08:11 AM
Good to hear you're OK Stan. I hope the others Gil mentioned are safe too.
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Michael - 10/12/18 10:31 AM
Power came back on after we went to bed last night. Everything will be back to normal this morning. Still got to get the generator disconnected from the well/pump and connect it back to the line, and a few other things, but with any luck I'll get to shoot doves tomorrow afternoon for my birthday.

All the prayers and concerns are greatly appreciated. As Jerry Clower's Aunt Pet liked to say, "It could've been worse".

SRH
Posted By: 2-piper Re: Michael - 10/12/18 12:29 PM
Good to hear you're OK Stan. First thing I recall about Jerry Clowers was "Knock Him Out, John".
Posted By: GLS Re: Michael - 10/12/18 12:40 PM
"Shoot up amongst us. One of us needs relief."
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com