doublegunshop.com - home
Picked up a few accessories recently to go with my shotguns. As always, click any of the pictures for a larger version.

Full box of 16g that I plan on loading and shooting:

A leather holder for 10 16g pinfire shotshells:

(Here's some more info on them from an article I wrote on the pistol ones:)

And lastly, a nice 16g boxwood hand roll turnover tool for pinfire cartridges:

Wonderful, there is HOPE smile
Thank you
Mike
Kudos to you Aaron for finding and preserving these rare artifacts. I think more people are becoming interested in this near forgotten link between percussion and centerfire. Keep it up and please continue to share your discoveries.
Interesting stuff Aaron. Thanks for sharing this with us. I wonder how many people would know what that roll crimp turnover tool was if they saw one in a junk box at a gun show or flea umarket?
Lovely.
What's the inside of the crimp head look like? I haven't seen many timber crimpers; it may be a handy design to make at home.
Very nice accessories, and such good pics!

Thanks for them.

SRH
Originally Posted By: cadet
Lovely.
What's the inside of the crimp head look like? I haven't seen many timber crimpers; it may be a handy design to make at home.

Cadet;
Glad you asked, I was thinking of asking the same thing. I have a W&C Scott 12ga pinfire & some hard maple stock big enough to make one. I would like to have one of these whether I ever actually use it or not. I have wanted to make up a few shells & shoot it, but would probably go with brass when I do.
well done...
ive got a 16 bore pinfire RTO tool would you be interested?
PM sent.
Originally Posted By: cadet
What's the inside of the crimp head look like?

Originally Posted By: 2-piper
I was thinking of asking the same thing.

Thanks. Interesting: doesn't look like there's any pins to effect the folding over of the mouth as it turns, like in a brass head.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com