doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Fin2Feather Gunsmith suggestion - 11/07/18 05:35 PM
My nephew has a 12ga O/U marketed by Mark DeHann (Huglu I guess) It went south on him on our recent SD trip - trigger moves but gun doesn't fire. He took it to a Houston area shop and their response was "We don't work on that cheap Turkish sh*t." Aside from whether he's right or wrong in his assessment, does anyone have any suggestions of where he might take it in the Houston area? Thanks...
Posted By: Bruce Bernacki Re: Gunsmith suggestion - 11/07/18 06:40 PM
What an ignorant answer from the shop. You could replace "Turkish" with Belgian, Italian, Spanish at different points in the past. The DeHaan guns were supposed to be a cut above since he micro-managed the quality control.

The obvious suggestion would be Briley in Houston, unless that's who he already approached. Doesn't seem like they would walk away from a dollar. I have no direct experience with them except aftermarket choke tubes. They will probably charge an hour of labor to diagnose or for a strip and clean and then up from there. I don't remember if they are through-bolt guns, but if they are, it wouldn't be too scary to pull the stock and see what's up.

http://www.brileygunsmithing.com/c-878-shotgun-gunsmithing.aspx

Bruce
Posted By: arrieta2 Re: Gunsmith suggestion - 11/08/18 03:13 PM
Did the place you took it too start with a G in the name by any chance.

If so, my friend had the same experience

John Boyd
Posted By: Fin2Feather Re: Gunsmith suggestion - 11/08/18 07:27 PM
Nope; F. He's taking it Briley's today. I'm pretty sure they are draw bolt guns and I suggested taking it apart to see what's up but I don't think he felt confident in that. Thanks for the responses.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com