Pretty gun, great condition.

Best,
Ted
Originally Posted By: Ted Schefelbein
Pretty gun, great condition.

Best,
Ted

Thanks
But I admit to using the best possible outdoor lighting conditions. Under indoor lighting, especially fluorescent, the finish still looks good, but not as good as in this photo. Funny how that works out. Sometimes the camera brings out flaws in the finish that you would not otherwise see -- sometimes the camera hides what is otherwise clearly visible.
Lou
Have you tried shooting different ammunition in the old girl? I would be more concerned with getting it on the bull than any worries about how the finish has faired after all these years.
It looks quite well for what it is, and far better than most that are similar.

Best,
Ted
Originally Posted By: Ted Schefelbein
Have you tried shooting different ammunition in the old girl? I would be more concerned with getting it on the bull than any worries about how the finish has faired after all these years.
It looks quite well for what it is, and far better than most that are similar.

Best,
Ted

All I have is the HSM as I wanted relatively low recoil and a non-jacketed bullet.

Note: the sights on this gun are not what anyone would call "target sights." My guess is that with a target having more white I will be able to hold a better zero.
Nice.

I don't think Mr. Shittle'brain would want you shooting at him....
Originally Posted By: HomelessjOe
Nice.

I don't think Mr. Shittle'brain would want you shooting at him....

True ‘dat Mr. Frank Cox, of Greater Nashville, TN. But, I believe we wouldn’t hear a single complaint from anyone on the board if he was shooting at you.

Best,
Ted
You're never happy TeddybOy...the guys shows a fine revolver and a nice group and you got to pee in the corn flakes.

It's long walk from Nashville to Memphis better catch a ride Mr. shittle fer'brains
Just asked if he tried anything else in the gun. I’m always happy. If someone is plinking it is a good thing.

Best,
Ted
I don't know the exact size of the rings/"oblongs" (Larry may be along & point out they're not true circles). on that target are but I'm guessing the group center is not much, if any, over an inch to the left & that's at 25 yards. What more could one ask for with fixed sights?

I would not want any Good Ol Boy From TN shot. Who knows, he may well have ancestors who rode alongside my Great Grandpa in the Confederate cavalry a'trying to Whup op on them Yankees.

I suppose everyone here is aware the NRA was founded by a couple of retired Union Generals licking their wounds because it had taken a better manned, better armed, better fed, better-equipped army four long bloody years to put down them Rebels, because they had been "Out Fought & Out Shot". This, of course, took place while Useless S Grant was the Prez.
A Triple lock is indeed a classic and a testament of the craftsmanship of a bygone era. Any .44 Spec. loads that aren't + P will be easy shooting. They are still loaded to the low pressure and velocity that drove Elmer Keith to "hotrod" his Triple lock to near .44 Mag levels. ENJOY and concentrate on pressing the trigger straight back. Have fun !
Originally Posted By: Mark II

ENJOY
concentrate on pressing the trigger straight back.
Have fun !

^^^ Three pieces of the best advice ever !!!
That's a hell of a nice group. Considering the fixed sights the gun and shooter is right on. The shooter just needs a little Kentucky windage to the right.
Nice handgun.
Really nice looking revolver, Bushmaster, and nice work with it as well.

That group may well move a good bit towards the center by simply blacking the front sight. I competed with pistols and rifle, with open sights, for many years and found early on the importance of blacking the front sight with soot or a commercially available aerosol blacking. There are several theories as to why the group's center will be affected by this practice, but the one I believe in involves strong sunlight from one side or the other of the shooter. A bare metal blade or post that is uncovered will have reflection on the side receiving the strong light, and the other side will be in the shadow. This causes an apparent shifting of the sight's center to one side, because the eye is more "drawn" to the side with the stronger light on it. This is the main reason for hoods on front sights, not protection of the sight. The sooty covering prevents any reflection and the sight looks the same on both sides even with strong, bright sunlight coming at 90 degrees from the side.

Starting out in competition, and for many years thereafter, I kept a fat lighter pine splinter in my shooting box. Before a match I would light it and use it to black my sight. Later years a commercial aerosol became available to do that, and was much handier. For some reason, people would get upset when I lit that fat lighter stick at the loading bench of a black powder match. confused

This practice is as old as shooting competitions themselves, and it is still in common use at iron sight matches.

SRH

colt 44-40 Shopkeepers or Sheriffs model . Ivory grips
Not nearly enough doubleguns in this thread. This set by Westley Richards' father, Theophilus.
(Steve Nash, I'm open to interesting trades...)
Condor and Bushmaster, those are real beauties btw.
JBL
Cool do both barrels fire at once ?

At 63 she still looks pretty good...1955 last year for the 5 screw pre 27. Good thing about it I have about 40 bucks and some labor in it.
Originally Posted By: HomelessjOe
Cool do both barrels fire at once ?

Not on purpose anyway. You fire the top barrel then recock and flip that toggle on side of frame to expose the lower pan.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com