doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: clang Old A&F 2 Gun Leather Case - 12/28/18 11:30 PM
Hi,

Can anyone tell me about this 2 gun SxS case I have? It is marked:
Abercrombie & Fitch Co.
New York
Made in London

Any idea how old it is? Who was the maker? Everything works and I have 1 key, but there are 2 small pieces of felt lined wood loose in it, I'm guessing used as spacers when needed.

Thanks

Posted By: PeterMichael Re: Old A&F 2 Gun Leather Case - 12/29/18 12:20 AM

A known vendor of oak & leather shotgun cases for A&F in the 1930's was Bryant – a well known English leather goods maker.

While IDK abut your case, Bryant's as good a place of any to start your voyage of discovery.

HAPPY NEW YEAR !

Posted By: skeettx Re: Old A&F 2 Gun Leather Case - 12/29/18 12:44 AM
https://books.google.com/books?id=vIffAA...don&f=false
Posted By: canvasback Re: Old A&F 2 Gun Leather Case - 12/29/18 12:47 AM
Check with Bob Beach the A & F historian.
Posted By: clang Re: Old A&F 2 Gun Leather Case - 12/29/18 07:44 PM
Thanks Gents
Posted By: kadegile Re: Old A&F 2 Gun Leather Case - 12/30/18 03:24 PM
As others have said, the case was made by Bryant, sometime in the late 1920s/1930s. I don’t see many 2-gun Bryant cases, especially in the condition yours is in. Very nice.
Posted By: clang Re: Old A&F 2 Gun Leather Case - 12/31/18 05:16 PM
Thanks Again.

I did some searching on the internet and not much comes up about the original Bryant company, but you can find plenty of Bryant leather wallets and backpacks from designers like Michael Kors. There are also several pieces of leather furniture with Bryant models.

I'm guessing this is a nod to the original Bryant Co and the quality of the work they did.
Posted By: Perry M. Kissam Re: Old A&F 2 Gun Leather Case - 12/31/18 06:21 PM
Are you considering selling this case? It is certainly a very nice case. Do you happen to have the length of the case?
Posted By: clang Re: Old A&F 2 Gun Leather Case - 01/01/19 03:15 AM
Originally Posted By: Perry M. Kissam
Are you considering selling this case? It is certainly a very nice case. Do you happen to have the length of the case?

It's funny, I've received a few PMs asking the same question. I wasn't planning on selling the case, I don't really have a good idea of its true value.

The case was designed for two SxSs with 30" barrels. 12 gauge snap caps fit snugly into the case. Here are some more pics with guns in the case. The boxlock has 30" barrels and the hammer gun has 29.5" barrels. Both are 12 gauge:

Posted By: Perry M. Kissam Re: Old A&F 2 Gun Leather Case - 01/01/19 04:31 AM
Never hurts to ask!! Mighty handsome set up you have. I don't blame you either because I would not sell it!! Happy New Year to you and yours.
Posted By: Geo. Newbern Re: Old A&F 2 Gun Leather Case - 01/01/19 06:50 PM
Negotiation Rule # 1: Always try to get the other guy to throw out the first number...Geo
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com