doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: MinnesotaJoe Greifelt 12 gauge over and under - 01/14/19 01:21 AM
, i picked up a Greifelt o/u 12 gauge recently and have had a bit of trouble finding out much about it i thought maybe someone could lend some info about it if its not too much trouble, it is a 12 gauge over under, it has a straight stock, it has cocking indicators on each side, the barrels are just over 29" and the rib is marked Greifelt and co. Suhl. The serial number is 26752, if someone is willing to post pictures of it for me i can email some to them
Posted By: ellenbr Re: Greifelt 12 gauge over and under - 01/14/19 02:19 AM
Post some images. Greifelt was known for its O/U offerings. Forward the images to me & I'll gladly post them.

Cheers

Raimey
rse
Posted By: steve f Re: Greifelt 12 gauge over and under - 01/14/19 03:03 AM
Contact Bob Beach at Griffin & Howe. G&H hold the records for Von Lengerke & Detmold and Abercrombie & Fitch. Those two firms imported many of the Greifelt guns that were brought into the U.S. There is an inquiry page at the G&H website where you can check the serial number, however with my Greifelt it did not show up when I did an inquiry, but Mr. Beach found it right away when I called him. If the gun is in their database you can purchase the inventory records which will include a summary of the original specs on the gun, date of import, etc.
Posted By: MinnesotaJoe Re: Greifelt 12 gauge over and under - 01/14/19 02:58 PM
steve i ran the sn on the griffin and howe site .... and yes they do have a record of it!! thank you for the info
Posted By: ellenbr Re: Greifelt 12 gauge over and under - 01/14/19 03:07 PM

Cheers,

Raimey
rse
Nice gun.

Is it heavy?

OWD
Posted By: MinnesotaJoe Re: Greifelt 12 gauge over and under - 01/14/19 08:17 PM
7 pounds 4oz.
I have a 12g Merkel that's similar.

Nice guns, great shooters. Very undervalued these days.

OWD
Posted By: MinnesotaJoe Re: Greifelt 12 gauge over and under - 01/15/19 02:16 AM
This is what bob from griffin and howe was able to tell me about the gun so far

Greifelt 26752 was ordered by Von Lengerke & Detmold from Greifelt & Co. in Germany through their U.S. agent, Charles H. Giesing. The shotgun arrived in New York in June 1922 and was entered in the Von Lengerke & Detmold records on June 21, 1922. The shotgun was described as a 12 gauge Over & Under with 29 inch barrels. Other spec’s include the stock dimensions, weight, and type of grip. The gun was sold to a NY broker of stocks and bonds in August 1922
Posted By: Geo. Newbern Re: Greifelt 12 gauge over and under - 01/15/19 02:25 PM
I'm glad to read that you were able to get the background on your gun from G&H. I hope they pay Bob Beach well because he is an ambassador of good will for the Company in the job he does.

Getting that information helps a fellow understand what the ghosts in the gun are saying to you when you are alone in the woods with it...Geo
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com