doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Pete NIB Ithaca 37 1977 40th yr Commem, 2nd yr DU - 01/16/19 10:48 PM
I know it is not a double but I know nothing of it and wonder if anyone might have any value info. The Blue Book (an older one) has it at around $3500-$4500. I've never even seen one for sale. It is in the original case and is unfired.
I wouldn’t bet on that. Commeratives usually selll for a few bucks more than the regulars, condition being equal.
Anything built to be a collectible, usually, isn’t.

Best,
Ted
https://www.gunsinternational.com/guns-f...un_id=101078326

Price: Was $1,149.99 Now $829.66
Hey Pete!! You might not remember me. I haven't been on here in years. I sold most of my guns over the years. Still have 2 Model 21s. (I remember how you always loved them.) Ha-ha.

But now that you mentioned an Ithca Model 37, I still have mine. 20 gauge with a solid rib. I bought it after high school around 1965. Made in the early 50s. My first shotgun. I think I paid 50 bucks for it back then- used. I had it reblued in the 70s and it still looks brand new. I'll have that till I die I guess.

I kinda gave up shooting. Once in a great while I'll hit the trap range with my ol' Ljutic. I can still bust a bird or two.

Most of my guns paid for a deposit on a nice condo down in Florida. I go down quite often.

Well I better get outta here. Hope everyone is doing fine.

Take care.

Jimmy W
DU "Banquet or Anniversary" special shotguns can be very hard to evaluate, especially in today's soft market.

If you paid, say- $850 for that gun at a DU auction, and kept it "ANIB" unfired and wanted to sell it, I think you would be hard pressed to get that figure. The fact that a Cabela's Gun Library has it for sale, and it hasn't moved in the first 6 months since they bought it, may be one reason for the reduction in asking price. Just my 2 cents worth.

When I have won raffle guns at either DU or PF banquets, I always sell them to a committee member outright for cash-- usually at the price they paid to get that gun-and I write off the price of the raffle ticket--
My experience has been that most commemoratives are worth less than the same gun without the commemorative plating or engraving. Case in point ...... about four years ago at a NWTF sporting clays shoot I was persuaded to buy a $20 raffle ticket on a NIB NWTF Commemorative Remington 1911 .45 ACP. Lo and behold, I won the thing. I had a .45 already, and didn't need another. I took it to my local gunshop to get an offer on it. They didn't even want it, at any price. They said commemoratives are too hard to sell, at anywhere near a normal price for the gun.

I eventually got lucky and found a buyer, but it was eye opening for me.

SRH
Another way to look at this, IMO anyway- If you keep a .45 auto for a SHTF scenario, as I do, the last thing you want is all the inlays, plating-etc.

I have a 1911-A-1 tuned by the CA master pistol-smith- Armond Swensen-- more accurate with any load I care to- feed it with than the Gold Cup I once owned-- and "No rattle-no shine either. RWTF
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com