doublegunshop.com - home
The Vanzant Clay Pigeon Farm of Vanzant, Mo.
will be hosting a corporate outing for
WWW FORUM MEMBERS
GUESTS AND LOCALS ARE INVITED TO SHOOT
5-6 APR 2019
SAFETY BRIEFS: 3PM Friday & 9AM & NOON Saturday
1st FLIGHTS 4pm Friday & 10am Saturday, RAIN OR SHINE
Bring 10 Boxes of Ammo, covered dish for pot luck
and a small door prize

ANY GUN
ANY GAUGE

Event Cost is:
75.00 early sign up before 1 feb
100.00 late sign up and at the door
(an unheard of bargain for a 250 bird match)
Additional games are a suggested 5.00 ea

The Days Events Will Be:

3pm - Friday Intro/Waivers/Gun Insp.
4pm - Field 1 & 2 open for squading
6pm - Open kitchen. Fend for yourselves
7-10pm - Night Birds

9am - Saturday Intro/Waivers/Gun Insp.
10am - Shooting Begins
Box 1 = 16yd ATA Trap
Box 2 = 21yd Handicap Trap
Box 3 = Skeet
Box 4 = Polish Turkey Shoot
Box 5 = Annie Oakley
Box 6-10 = Shooters Choice
12 noon = lunch
5pm - Shoot offs and awards
7pm - club 60 in town

NO EXPERIENCE NEEDED

Prizes for 1st, 2nd, annie oakley, and turkey relays

HIGH SCORE MUST SHOOT OFF WITH LOW SCORE FOR TROPHY.
RANGE OWNER SHOOTS IN PROXY FOR LOW SCORE.
SHOOT OFF IS A TRAP WALK BACK TO 50YDS.
LAST MAN STANDING WINS.
Call and reserve a spot 417-948-0095

DIRECTIONS:
http://www.claytargetsonline.com/club.php/2888
Hi bobski,

Since you are one of the wannabe Moderators here who would like to decide who and what belongs here... I think it would be appropriate to ask a couple questions about this advertisement for your shoot.

Is this event benefiting you and your Clay Pigeon Farm personally, or are the proceeds going to some good cause such as DoubleGunShop.com, the NRA, or perhaps some worthy charity like St. Judes Children's Hospital, Committee to Re-Elect President Donald Trump,... or maybe even a Border Wall on the Mexican Border! smile

If this shoot is simply benefiting you financially, do you really consider it appropriate to advertise your event here? Or, as a wannabe Moderator, would you think it is somewhat off-topic, and belongs in the For Sale section, subject to donating some of the proceeds to this website?

I am gaining nothing financially from making this inquiry, and no small animals were harmed during this inquiry either. I'm just curious how a wannabe site Moderator views this sort of advertising and apparent self-promotion.
Nearly every post he has made on here is about some kind of promotion....In another thread he's secretly selling calenders.

Come on, Joe- Lighten up. I don't know "Bobski" from Adam's Off Ox-- but he apparently belongs to the L.C. Smith Collectors Assn- and is passing out the fine Calenders Jent. Mitchell sends along to him (and many others) to be passed out "gratis" to various gun clubs, SC events--and to accuse him of "selling something he received for free, and to self-promote "whatever" is a bit against the "guy code".IMO anyway

Well Fox why don't you go to the shoot.
Are you going? If so, maybe we could team up on the "matched pair" event, with a loader. Tried this "timed event only once" at Sagola Club in MI- June 2010. Although I don't own a true "matched pair" of ejector double guns-- Sounds like a fun event, and if there, you could try to buy a L.C. Smith 2019 calendar- well worth the price- they are indeed "classics"- IMO anyway. I'll wait for your call, amigo!! Foxey
Why would I drive that far to a pOe dunk shoot when I can go six miles to one of the finest gun clubs in the south ?
OK- we'll meet there-- let's take some of Jent's 2019 Calendars and see what happens??
HIGH SCORE MUST SHOOT OFF WITH LOW SCORE FOR TROPHY.
RANGE OWNER SHOOTS IN PROXY FOR LOW SCORE

Nice, shooter is at the place for a day or so and shoots high score, then gets to shoot off for the hoa trophy against range owner Bobski on his home court. What a set up.
Why are y'all knocking the arrangement?
Have you been there?
Do you have first hand experience there?
Every one that I have chatted with that went
had a wonderful time.
What is wrong with having a wonderful time?
Is that bad or good?
Never been there but been at many mixed shoots and never heard of the hoa shooting against the range owner for honors of the trophy even at Podunk shoots. Self serving arrangement and its NO fun shooting against a ringer but at least Bobsky tells people what's up. Good that he dropped bringing your own targets. Movin up in the pecking order of clay shooting places. Wooo hooo
There is nothing wrong with having a wonderful time. Bobski told us awhile back that his idea of having a wonderful time would be to be the Site Moderator here so that he could unceremoniously banish anyone he doesn't judge to be fit to post here.

So my simple question remains unanswered by bobski... Does he really think it is appropriate to use Dave's Doublegunshop BBS forum to advertise a skeet shoot that isn't benefiting some worthy charity, or perhaps doing something to preserve our Gun Rights? Would a fair and impartial Moderator allow something like this, or would he say it belongs in the For Sale section, subject to the customary fee for advertising here? Would he say that advertising a service for personal gain should at least be cleared by the Site Administrator first? Or would he banish someone who even attempted this?

Our wannabe Site Moderator doesn't seem to wish to go near that one.
Originally Posted By: HomelessjOe
Why would I drive that far to a pOe dunk shoot when I can go six miles to one of the finest gun clubs in the south ?

If I had to guess,
I'd say all the local places know you and won't let you in.
Stole any gun pictures lately bOb...
Those of you that want to talk bad about someone putting on a shoot to make money don't realize that Bobski does not make much money on his twice a yer shoots. After his expenses he probably is losing money. He puts on his shoots to bring people together to have fun shooting and to introduce new shooters to the sport.

Bobski works well with the young shooters that come out to shoot and they have fun and then come back next time. Bringing more people in to the sport is more important than putting on big money shoots for wise guys that want to complain about everything that you do.
The majority of us come back for the next shoot to visit with friends that we have made here in addition to the shooting. The pot luck lunch that we do on Saturday is like a regular family reunion that we look forward to and some people are even requested to bring the same recipes next time because it was popular with everybody. You won't find a good time like that at the big shoots.
Originally Posted By: KS16ga

Bobski works well with the young shooters that come out to shoot and they have fun and then come back next time.

Why does that not surprise me...

My gun club let's several high school trap teams practice at our club...sometimes there will be 50 to 75 kids practicing.

Sounds and looks good...

Sad part is most will never join the club and once out of high school won't ever shoot again.

Bobski works well with the young shooters that come out to shoot and they have fun and then come back next time.

My gun club let's several high school trap teams practice at our club...sometimes there will be 50 to 75 kids practicing.

Sounds and looks good...

Sad part is most will never join the club and once out of high school won't ever shoot again.

Hey mOnkey bOy !
If what you say is true and most won't join the club (probably on account that you are there),
Is it safe to deduce that some will?
Sounds like a winner to me. Way to go Bobski! Keep up the good work!
Originally Posted By: Bob Cash

Hey mOnkey bOy !
If what you say is true and most won't join the club
(probably on account of you being there),

This nasty and vitriolic name calling from Crying Bob Liberace is the sort of thing that prompted bobski to jump up to volunteer to be a Site Moderator here... one who would snuff out behavior like that from Crying Bob Liberace as easily as flipping a switch.

So a second question arises. In addition to policing and eliminating free advertisements for personal gain, would Site Moderator Bobski also banish his defender Crying Bob Liberace for his frequent name-calling and insults??? Or would he grant free passes and exemptions for himself and his "special" friends?
Originally Posted By: Bob Cash

Sounds and looks good...

Hey mOnkey bOy !
If what you say is true and most won't join the club (probably on account that you are there),

We have close to 4000 members...broke dick bOb
Sound like a fun shoot at a very reasonable cost. Wish it was not so far away

John Boyd
Rumor iz ol'Broke dick bOb will be there with a picture of a gun he wants....

I feel so dirty...yuk.
just finished shoveling 14" of snow at parents home in conn. handed out some lc calendars at elm city gun club east haven and Branford rod and gun. hopped over to Putnam county rod and gun ny and presented their calendar and shot some trap. no matter where I go, they know me and know that calendar is coming. makes for a good time because when the guys know im coming, they break out their 4/5/7e trap grade smiths to shoot. great stuff to see too.
to clarify for the on lookers, hoa still wins hoa prizes. 1st place is 1st place.
the shoot off at the 50yd line is by invite only. you must be hoa or 2nd place, win a turkey relay, hit a wild card dot on the turkey card, or be last place. last place is usually a 12 year old kid, a wife of a shooter, or a plain lousy shot! ive shot in proxy for some with double caterats. even shot for a man with a deformed arm who was shooting his pump one handed all day. yep...came in last place. he was glad to have me shoot for him. (and yes he won the trophy.) and not one person was upset. and ya know...ive never had anyone complain. never...to this day. its all in fun and fun it is.
we have 17 as of today. farthest is coming from colo springs and U-P Wisconsin.
I have 5 slots left on Friday 4pm field 1. if anyone makes a cameo appearance, make sure it Friday to get your skeet/trap scores in.
im swinging by va to pick up my wife....and headin' west. I got first cut to get ready for. gotta juice up the ford 4000. see ya in april.
farm looks good. couple trees down that wont effect the shoot. road isnt washed out. no lightning strikes and machines are all running. lights came on for the night shooting. heat and water are all secure.
guess that means....its gonna happen.
bush hogged down range to help see those birds fly. wife is shopping for the groceries for the pot luck. shes making her lasagna and enchilada casserole this time.

had a little free time so i popped down to twin lakes ark to shoot with the r&g club. had a blast. went over to visit rover gun club in mo. shot up some 49 year old green RXP skeet loads out the m12. boxes were falling apart but fired like they were just made. i bought them about 15 years ago at bend in river gun club, tn. the old owner had them on a dusty shelf, so i gave him a sale. felt bad not shooting much, so i made up for it buying some inventory. fields are starting to green up here. rabbits are out. sheep dogs are barking at the buzzards when they swoop low. no copperheads spotted yet. wifes happy. im happy. soon we get to share it with my guests. hope to see some new faces and new guns on the range. my local student shot her first 25 straight in skeet while i was gone. odds are, she may win the apr meet. she came in 2nd in oct. got a father getting back into shotgunning after a 30 year layover.
my go to man who always pulls and scores had a heart attack while i was gone. he bought a ticket and squaded back in nov. he may or may not come now. if he does...well, guess who will shoot for him at the 50? hes waiting for dr. orders on shooting. but still...quad bypass aint nothing to fool around with. i may limit him to his favorite chair for the meet. now excuse me, i gotta mend some fence and put up no hunting signs on the fence line.
10 day forecast........

friday morning, 25% chance of rain. clearing in afternoon.

saturday for main event.......
20% light showers early morning 3-6am. clearing by 9am. 65deg, partly sunny all day.
safe journey. see you guys soon.
bob
I expect to be at work until about 1830 on Friday so I won't be there until after 2100 that evening.
we will most likely be closing up when you pull in. sorry to miss you on night birds. you going to camp again in your truck bed? take camp 2. i'll have your fire ring ready to go to warm ya up.
Bob

Hope you have a great shoot.

John Boyd
thank you. come in oct. be glad to have ya.
to give viewers a look at the alternate time line for sat because of pending storms....

pot luck goes to 1pm.
then its quick picture time.
then 1pm squads,
then annie oakley.
then turkey cards.
then 50yd shoot off.
ceremonies

if we can somehow get the 10am sat squad shot on friday, and 1pm squads for sat come early, we can move everything up and have the annie/turkey/50yd/ceremonies done before 4pm...when the sky is suppose to open up on us.
i can move the seating at club60 up to 6pm from 7pm.
this would give most time to pack up and clean up prior to the rain, and be on our way to town nlt 5pm.

lets see what happens.
Sounds sweet bObski...
YUP, thanks for the encouragement to Bobski

smile
good time had by all. i shot for low score but got beat by a 9 year old with a 20ga on the 50yd line.
a 9yr old....with a cynergy o&u....beat me, but fell to a fellow with a 20ga hugulu!
good time had by all.
weather held and we had a blast.
we sat 18 at club 60.
be glad to have anyone come in oct. lmk!
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com