doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: JBG MacNab Fine Firearms - 02/25/19 09:12 PM
Anyone have feedback on this dealer based out of VA.

Thanks in advance.
Posted By: Bob Jurewicz Re: MacNab Fine Firearms - 02/25/19 11:01 PM
Good experiences!
Bob Jurewicz
Posted By: eightbore Re: MacNab Fine Firearms - 02/25/19 11:08 PM
He exhibits at double gun shows, has not been physically assaulted at any of them. He must be OK. I remember chatting with him at the Vintagers.
Posted By: Rocketman Re: MacNab Fine Firearms - 02/26/19 01:59 AM
I've known him since the Vintagers started up. Nothing but good to say. Toby Barclay leaves consignment for USA guns in his care. 8B, I'm not aware of even any verbal assults ;-}.

DDA
Posted By: Boats Re: MacNab Fine Firearms - 02/26/19 02:02 AM
Good guy, have bought from him at shows. He’s a gentleman.

Boats
Posted By: MattH Re: MacNab Fine Firearms - 02/26/19 02:12 AM
I'll start with the fact that Bob is a friend of mine. I've consigned a few guns with him over the years and been well satisfied with the results.

Bob is an honorable and honest man, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend his business.
Posted By: FlyChamps Re: MacNab Fine Firearms - 02/26/19 03:18 AM
Bob is also a friend of mine and I've also consigned several guns with him. The transactions were handled well. I would have no hesitation to buy from him.
Posted By: PALUNC Re: MacNab Fine Firearms - 02/27/19 02:35 PM
Outstanding person to do business with.
Posted By: ms86 Re: MacNab Fine Firearms - 02/25/20 05:54 PM
I realize this is an old thread, but I want to just describe my recent experience purchasing from Bob.

I contacted Bob back in October 2019 for what would become a 2-3 month conversation on purchasing a fine vintage double. Of course, since Bob is the U.S. dealer for Toby Barclay's guns (Heritage UK) he has a very nice inventory of fine old doubles. Furthermore, Bob is an enthusiastic owner and user of such guns himself and is always happy to spend time giving advice on how to make the most of them.

As a newcomer to the world of vintage doubles, Bob helped me immensely in narrowing down my choice set and evaluating the relative merits and drawbacks of the different offerings. At no point did I feel Bob was out to make a sale or just gather pure profit. He was perfectly honest about his pricing and where he would be willing to make a deal. He also was honest about what guns he thought would require work or may need to be fitted, vs. which guns would work "out of the box". Above all, he took time to understand my needs and help me figure out what I was looking for in a gun.

I ended up purchasing from him, and then it turned out that when I took the gun out for a round of skeet (Bob offers a standard 3-day inspection but non-firing) the right barrel firing pin broke! It happened outside of the inspection period (and even had it been in the inspection period, would have invalidated it as I fired the gun). Nevertheless Bob immediately told me to send it to his preferred gunsmith (Tim Carrick at Carrick's Custom Guns in NC, also highly recommended) at his own personal expense. Tim was great to work with and made a new firing pin for the gun and it is back in my hands and should provide me with many years of hunting and shooting enjoyment.

Apologies for the long post but I want to just let everyone out there know what a fantastic man Bob Nay is and assure you that whatever you purchase from him, you are getting an excellent gun that you should have no concerns with. Bob is very patient and caring in his responses to any questions and his integrity is above reproach. The man knows quality doubles and you should not hesitate to do business with him. If only all gun dealers were the same...
Posted By: Ted Schefelbein Re: MacNab Fine Firearms - 02/25/20 05:56 PM
Good to know. Thanks.

Best,
Ted
Posted By: ithaca1 Re: MacNab Fine Firearms - 02/26/20 02:56 AM
Agreed. Bought a Garbi 101 20ga from Bob years ago. Still have it and its a favorite. He went over and above.

Ithaca1
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com