doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: gunman John Foster - 03/01/19 10:47 AM
Gentlemen . Sad to say John Foster died earlier this week .I know some of you have had dealings with John and any condolences will be passed on to his family .

Graham .aka Gunman .
Posted By: L. Brown Re: John Foster - 03/01/19 12:32 PM
Very sorry to hear that. Never had any dealings with him, but he played a significant role in the British gun trade.
Posted By: Argo44 Re: John Foster - 03/01/19 01:26 PM
I corresponded with him just last month, sending him David Trevallion's phone number. Everything I heard about him was laudatory. I'll call David to let him know.
Posted By: Joe Wood Re: John Foster - 03/01/19 04:07 PM
A real gentleman. Had several conversations with him in Las Vegas years ago. Was always polite and full of information. One of the last of the old breed.
Posted By: DAM16SXS Re: John Foster - 03/01/19 04:18 PM
I have been trying to reach David by phone for two weeks, every day or so, and his answering machine says his mailbox is full... and he doesn't answer. Please let me know if you reach David.

Sorry to learn of Mr. Foster's passing.
Posted By: Daryl Hallquist Re: John Foster - 03/01/19 04:44 PM
That’s such bad news. John Foster had his hands on a dozen or so of my guns, from importing to sleeving , to stocking. The work was always what one would hope it would be.
Posted By: KY Jon Re: John Foster - 03/01/19 05:39 PM
He was a gentleman in the best sense. His loss will leave another hole in our information network which he often shared freely with us. We lost quite a few in the last couple years.
Posted By: Argo44 Re: John Foster - 03/01/19 05:47 PM
I just talked to David Trevallion (crossed chisels) and he was saddened by the news. Said he would take a look at DGS for the first time in awhile.

It makes you think how precarious our existence is on the planet and to ask the question, "If you were to pass suddenly, how would you be remembered on this board and in this life?"
Posted By: keith Re: John Foster - 03/01/19 09:32 PM
Originally Posted By: Argo44

It makes you think how precarious our existence is on the planet and to ask the question, "If you were to pass suddenly, how would you be remembered on this board and in this life?"

I know how I'll remember you Argo44... I'll remember you as the kind of guy who posts ignorant name calling such as this statement below, less than a week after starting a thread whining about incivility and name calling.

Originally Posted By: Argo44

And Dr. Drew, don't feed the troll. He is no Southern Gentleman; We have a 3 word phrase for people like that down South and it starts with "Poor"... and ends with "Trash."

I do understand that some people think pointing out the truth around here means I must be filled with self-hatred and have acid eating my soul. Or it might simply mean I have done an unforgivable thing, and simply stated the truth and confronted hypocrisy.
Posted By: Ted Schefelbein Re: John Foster - 03/01/19 09:33 PM
John was a hell of a guy. I talked with him through this board and on the phone.
Please let his family know he will be missed, on both sides of the pond.

Best,
Ted
Posted By: SKB Re: John Foster - 03/01/19 09:42 PM
Very sorry to hear about John passing on. I exchanged a few emails with him and imported a gun he had sleeved for a client, wonderful work.

Steve
Posted By: Franc Otte Re: John Foster - 03/05/19 11:51 PM
I have emailed john about some silly sleeving projects, & he answered all of my dumb questions with real class, he seemed like a real gentleman...bless him
cheers
franc
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com