doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Stallones Parker reproduction misfiring - 04/10/19 06:23 PM
a friend of mine has a 28 ga Parker reproduction that fires the
left bbl when the right bbl is fired. do we have a recommended gunsmith to fix this problem?
Posted By: Geo. Newbern Re: Parker reproduction misfiring - 04/10/19 06:43 PM
Steve Bertram who posts here as SKB has fixed doubling problems for me...Geo
Posted By: Ted Schefelbein Re: Parker reproduction misfiring - 04/10/19 08:29 PM
Most of the Parker Repops are nearing 40 years of age, at this point. My own opinion (free!) is, that when we hear of a gun misfiring, there is a pretty good chance it is a Parker Repop. But, in fairness, it is past time for most of them to have a strip and clean.
Pretty extensive group of names who can do the job will come up right here, with just a little searching.

Good luck.

Best,
Ted
Posted By: Chukarman Re: Parker reproduction misfiring - 04/10/19 11:23 PM
Quite a few of the 28 bore Parker Reproductions WITH SINGLE TRIGGERS develop this problem. I have see it many times. I imagine that, by now, parts are getting scarce as well.
Posted By: PALUNC Re: Parker reproduction misfiring - 04/11/19 12:03 AM
Probably needs trigger out and a good cleaning.
Posted By: bill schodlatz Re: Parker reproduction misfiring - 04/11/19 12:59 AM
If you are in north east TX, see Philip's Gunsmithing. He is about 30 mile north of Tyler. He is the best metal man I have used in 50 years of looking. I am sure he can handle this. Call
210-313-5988

bill
Posted By: Mills Re: Parker reproduction misfiring - 04/11/19 07:19 PM
Classic Gunstocks (Dan May and Ken Waite) fixed a Miller Single trigger on a Parker. Not sure if their expertise extends to Repros, but they did a great job
Posted By: 1cdog Re: Parker reproduction misfiring - 04/11/19 09:11 PM
Kirk Merrington. 830-367-1325

www.merringtongun.com
Posted By: Wild Skies Re: Parker reproduction misfiring - 04/11/19 11:10 PM
Richard Skeuse, a son of Tom Skeuse - the man behind the Parker Reproduction project reported on the PGCA forum that they recommend Chris Maest of Clay Target Sports in Princeton, NJ 609/921-9358 for any doubling problems with their guns.
Posted By: L. Brown Re: Parker reproduction misfiring - 04/12/19 11:24 AM
I've owned several Repros in various gauges, including 28. Only issues I've ever had with a ST came as a result of poor gunsmithing on a couple of the guns. But I never experienced any of them doubling.
Posted By: crs Re: Parker reproduction misfiring - 04/12/19 02:00 PM
Neither of my Parker Reproduction hunting guns has ever doubled.
They are also used for clays. Both have two triggers.
Neither has had the action apart, but if that is ever required to service a problem, so be it.

Based upon the recommendation of fellow shot gunners that know Kirk, I also recommend him.
Posted By: Little Creek Re: Parker reproduction misfiring - 04/13/19 01:23 AM
I have single trigger parts set for a 20 bore Parker Repro if anyone wants one.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com