doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: JRD The Shooting Party in the Kingdom - 05/24/19 05:08 PM
Just a reminder that the Shooting Party in the Kingdom is coming up June 8. Driven clays and vintage guns. Contact me if interested.
Jack woodcockone@yahoo.com
Posted By: susjwp Re: The Shooting Party in the Kingdom - 05/25/19 11:35 AM
thanks
Posted By: ClapperZapper Re: The Shooting Party in the Kingdom - 05/25/19 12:52 PM
Did you have a flier on SSMbbs?
It seems to have disappeared.

I can't find your details.
Posted By: GMCS Re: The Shooting Party in the Kingdom - 05/26/19 02:09 PM
Is this a private shoot? No Flyer, Place, cost? Pretty cryptic.
Posted By: ClapperZapper Re: The Shooting Party in the Kingdom - 05/26/19 02:42 PM
I have been trying to pay attention to the shoot for a couple months. I changed my work schedule in the hopes of being able to attend. But, now that any information I was paying attention to has disappeared from the Internet, I don’t know what to do. Not going to buy a flight without some kind of a flyer.
Posted By: ClapperZapper Re: The Shooting Party in the Kingdom - 05/29/19 03:08 PM
Anyone from here, planning to go?

I’d like a little deeper explanation of the weekends events, to include the proper attire, and the evenings black tie affair. I don’t know if it’s a fundraiser, or just an evening out wearing sportcoats, I could bring my tuxedo.

Anyway I’d like to know if anybody from the site is planning to attend, maybe I could sort out some lodging issues.

There definitely is no easy way for me to get there, it seems to be in the middle of nowhere up by the Canadian border. It’s not even worth it to drive down from Montreal from where I live.

Any tips or tricks or explanations available from site members are appreciated.
Posted By: BrentD, Prof Re: The Shooting Party in the Kingdom - 05/29/19 03:57 PM
I found something on it on gunsinternational of all places.
Posted By: ClapperZapper Re: The Shooting Party in the Kingdom - 05/29/19 04:15 PM
Yeah
I found that odd
Doubly odd that the thread disappeared from SSMbbs

Vintage Shooting falls into the hospitality industry.

If someone is coming from halfway across the country to enjoy your facilities, be a good host. They won’t know where anything is, they won’t know who is who, they won’t know where to eat lunch, they won’t know where to put their guns, they won’t know where to go after the shoot is done.

I will say that several of the shoots I have attended are continuously making an effort to up their game. It’s refreshing.

It would be a let down to drive across southern Canada, and shoot by myself.
Posted By: BrentD, Prof Re: The Shooting Party in the Kingdom - 05/29/19 05:47 PM
I can't imagine I would gamble on a match like that. I travel a lot to shoot, but I'm confident of the organization on the other end before I commit.
Posted By: ClapperZapper Re: The Shooting Party in the Kingdom - 05/29/19 05:55 PM
It is the same weekend as Hausmann’s
A little different take on things with the dress code.
It took me a bit to figure that out.
Posted By: BrentD, Prof Re: The Shooting Party in the Kingdom - 05/29/19 05:56 PM
I'm not a claybird match shooter. 19th century rifles is my gig, so I don't know these matches, but I wouldn't mind trying one perhaps. There is a match up near Duluth that would be interesting and "nearby" by my standards. Maybe someday, soonish.
Posted By: susjwp Re: The Shooting Party in the Kingdom - 05/30/19 11:58 AM
I saw details on the Vintage gunners web site. I googled Vintage gunners and up came a newsletter with some details, cost, etc. Too bad it is the same WE as Earnies. I have shot at that venue several times over the past years. A nice location and course. The Vermont state shoot was held there several years ago. We generally spend the summers up in Pittsburg, NH fishing, hiking, and RVing, and drive to various locations in the region, from Maine to upstate NY. This venue is on Burke and like most off the beaten path. My understanding is that any and all SxS shooters are welcome. Not sure about black ties, dress codes.

good shooting,
John
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com