doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: gjw Gorosable? - 06/24/07 10:27 PM
Hi all, has anyone ever heard of this spanish maker? Cabelas, has a 12ga SLE, Silver Sable DeLuxe by this maker.

Can anyone tell me anything about this gun or maker?

Thanks!!!!!!!!

Greg
Posted By: Jim Legg Re: Gorosable? - 06/24/07 11:41 PM
Carder's says Pedro Gorosabel, a master gunmaker, started the company after WWII. He strived to make the finest shotguns available. These shotguns are of the quality one would expect to find in the best English guns, etc.
Posted By: gjw Re: Gorosable? - 06/24/07 11:58 PM
Thanks Jim, do you know where I can find more info on this?

Thanks!

Greg
Posted By: Cameron Re: Gorosable? - 06/25/07 12:26 AM
In the 1988 Gun Digest, the Blackpoint is the top of the line sidelock listed at$1600.00 with the Silverpoint listed at about $1200.00. The difference between the two being wood and engraving.

I have a 10 ga. Gorosabel boxlock I've owned for probably 35 yrs with rough fit and finish, but I've run a ton of 3.5" mag loads through it, and it still is tight as new.
Posted By: Jim Legg Re: Gorosable? - 06/25/07 03:35 AM
You could buy the book, Side by Sides of the World for Y2K, by Carder or look for it in the library. The paragraph went on somewhat but I gave you what I thought was the important part, about the good quality. Like many other makers, it's likely they made a wide range of quality guns. The book above is a very nice reference, besides just for this particular gun. About $25.
Posted By: gjw Re: Gorosable? - 06/27/07 10:06 PM
Originally Posted By: Jim Legg
You could buy the book, Side by Sides of the World for Y2K, by Carder or look for it in the library. The paragraph went on somewhat but I gave you what I thought was the important part, about the good quality. Like many other makers, it's likely they made a wide range of quality guns. The book above is a very nice reference, besides just for this particular gun. About $25.

Hi all, I looked on amazon and they said it was unavailable. Where can I get a copy?

Thanks!!

Greg
Posted By: Roy Hebbes Re: Gorosable? - 06/27/07 11:25 PM
I have a copy of the "Gorosable" catalogue printed in 1962. This catalogue is part of a brochure issued by the Spanish Government to promote Spanish gun makers. The Gorosable section shows six guns comprising 1 single barrel, two boxlocks and three sidelocks. The guns look to be on a par with AYA; Ignacio Ugartechea and Victor Sarasqueta, that are shown in the same catalogue.Game scene engraving is a feature of the Gorosable guns illustrated.E mail your address and I will mail you a copy of same.
Posted By: Tim Carney Re: Gorosable? - 06/27/07 11:33 PM

For the Carder book, suggest you try Gunnerman Books that advertises on this site, or go to http://www.bookfinder.com and enter the particulars to see what's available in the used and new market via that search engine.

regards
Posted By: riflecat Re: Gorosable? - 06/28/07 12:36 AM
The first double I purchased was a used Gorosabel boxlock. It looked like a good entry-level gun, with a Greener crossbolt and sideclips. It seemed to fire properly when I tried it with snap caps, but it would not fire a shell in one barrel. I opened it up to find that the tumbler was cracked in half. I have been leery of inexpensive Spanish doubles ever since.
Posted By: Richard Saloom Re: Gorosable? - 06/28/07 12:46 AM
I have seen wide variations in the quality of these guns.
Posted By: gjw Re: Gorosable? - 06/28/07 01:08 AM
Roy, PM sent

Tim, Thanks!

Thanks to you both.

Greg
Posted By: gjw Re: Gorosable? - 06/28/07 01:10 AM
Richard, could you please expound on this? What about the sidelocks?

Any info would be great!

Thanks!

Greg
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com