doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: wannagohunting Ward's Auction? - 08/06/19 05:51 PM
Does anyone use, look at, or have any other knowledge of this entity?
Thank you,
Dale
Posted By: Researcher Re: Ward's Auction? - 08/06/19 08:17 PM
I've watched the Wards Auctions for years and I've bought a couple dozen items over the years. No issues.
Posted By: eightbore Re: Ward's Auction? - 08/06/19 10:30 PM
Shipping on individual items has been a bit excessive. Oh well.
Posted By: RedofTx Re: Ward's Auction? - 08/06/19 11:15 PM
I too have had positive experiences with Wards Auctions. The shipping is kinda high and there's a buyer's premium as well. That being said, you can find 'sleepers' there as I have.
Posted By: Tamid Re: Ward's Auction? - 08/07/19 12:41 AM
I've been going to Bud Haynes now Wards auctions since the early 80's. Haynes had an outstanding reputation and his daughter and son-in-law are now part of Wards. I have bought many guns from their auctions and never had a problem. I have always personally attended the auction and pre-viewed every gun I purchased. Their descriptions are short and not always totally inclusive but not pointing fingers, they only have so much script space to spend on each gun. As I mentioned in the thread on Back Action guns the quality of their auctions seems to be going down. Just not getting in the outstanding collections that Bud Haynes had a reputation for obtaining. There are no reserves and they sell every gun.
Posted By: Calgary Bill Re: Ward's Auction? - 08/08/19 10:57 PM
I have two rifles in the auction and a number of small items.
Hoping they fetch reasonable prices.
You are right that high quality items rarely appear in their auctions---there was a time but that was many years ago.
Posted By: Hal Re: Ward's Auction? - 08/08/19 11:21 PM
Great site. Tried to get Ward to list a few antique fireworks items like I collect, but no go so far. Plenty of live ammo and primers of all sorts, but no place for a sealed pack of tiny blackpowder ladyfingers or a box of sparklers.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com