doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Geo. Newbern NRA, Trump, Red Flag? - 08/09/19 06:18 PM
NRA What's the deal there? Ollie North a traitor, or is the CEO actually a thief?

TRUMP I never thought we could trust that guy when the going got tough.

RED FLAG Lots of people pushing it. Beginning of the end for gun owners?
...Geo
Posted By: keith Re: NRA, Trump, Red Flag? - 08/09/19 07:02 PM
What the hell are you talking about Geo? NRA Director Marion Hammer recently said the the NRA Board has vetted the charges Ollie North made against Wayne LaPierre, and that his allegations were part of a failed coup attempt. You are soundiing a lot like your anti-gun pal King Brown here.

And if you never trusted Trump, then why did you pretend that you supported him? Are you in the habit of supporting people you don't trust? I thought lawyers were smarter than that.

Red Flag Laws are just another tool in the anti-gunner's arsenal. The beginning of the end for gun owners is when FUDD's and Libtard gun owners thought that they could trust the Liberal Left Democrats who work relentlessly to gut the 2nd Amendment Rights of law abiding U.S. Citizens.

Anti-gun Liberal Left Democrats are working very hard right now to discredit our pro-2nd Amendment President Donald Trump, the NRA, and all gun owners. Why are you helping them?
Posted By: PALUNC Re: NRA, Trump, Red Flag? - 08/09/19 07:17 PM
I see Australia in our future.
Posted By: King Brown Re: NRA, Trump, Red Flag? - 08/09/19 07:25 PM
Geo is asking for information. I never thought of him as anti-Trump. In fact, when things got hot years ago, he posted Americans must respect office of the president. Cool it, in effect. And the vetting you mention didn't allay members concerned with LaPierre's enormous salary and dibs. It was visited at my table yesterday by residents of Kentucky, Tennessee, Alabama and New York. Don't panic, keith, keep cool.
Posted By: keith Re: NRA, Trump, Red Flag? - 08/09/19 07:26 PM
And here's the anti-gun Troll King Brown. King is hoping that the anti-gun Liberal left Democrats are successful in their push for Universal Background checks... yet he dishonestly claims that he helped to get rid of the Canadian Long Gun Registry.

I have no problem with Wayne LaPierre's salary. He has done a great job by growing NRA membership and keeping anti-gunners like you at bay. He has helped to expand gun rights, concealed carry, and helped to defeat the anti-gunners like Obama and Hillary Clinton. As a result, we have some strong pro-2nd Amendment Justices who interpret the Constitution as the Framers intended. I help to pay LaPierre's salary, and get a lot more bang for my buck than seeing my tax dollars spent on lavish vacations by Barack and Michelle Obama.

So who are all these Americans that were at your table questioning the activities of the NRA King? Are you imagining things and making up shit again? Was it John F.Kennedy, or Bobby, or Teddy, Jackie, or perhaps Martin Luther King? Was Fidel Castro there, perchance? You must have been ignoring all of these imaginary guests yesterday, since you spent so much time here.
Posted By: King Brown Re: NRA, Trump, Red Flag? - 08/09/19 07:36 PM
Another one, keith. I not only was asked by two county gun clubs to speak at an all-federal-candidates meeting protesting the registry, of whom the Conservative, a long-time friend, became federal justice minister, and carried it forward to defeat the gun registry. It's on the public record; I don't have to prove it to anyone. It's dishonest to make accusations with no supporting evidence, as you do.
Posted By: Mills Re: NRA, Trump, Red Flag? - 08/09/19 07:36 PM
Best thing to do is speak with your wallet and make a donation to the NRA (or other gun rights group of your choice). Talking to anti-gun nutballs is pointless
Posted By: craigd Re: NRA, Trump, Red Flag? - 08/09/19 07:42 PM
Originally Posted By: King Brown
....I not only was asked by two county gun clubs to speak at an all-federal-candidates meeting protesting the registry, of whom the Conservative, a long-time friend, became federal justice minister, and carried it forward to defeat the gun registry. It's on the public record; I don't have to prove it to anyone. It's dishonest to make accusations with no supporting evidence, as you do.

Yabut, how come Canadian gun violence has been on the rise since the repeal? Is it a time for factual honesty or a time for more aggressive controls?
Posted By: Geo. Newbern Re: NRA, Trump, Red Flag? - 08/09/19 07:42 PM
Broke my rule not to read lower case keith's posts because it was in response to my own questions. Shouldn't have done that. Won't make that mistake again.

NRA: So Ollie is a traitor in your opinion? Because LaPierre's board says so.

President TRUMP: I voted for him, didn't trust him though. If he does not protect gun owners from federal Red Flag legislation and "gun show loophole" matters he was not worthy of my vote.

RED FLAG: So that's just another liberal trick, but it must be OK if our man President Trump goes along with it.

...Geo
Posted By: keith Re: NRA, Trump, Red Flag? - 08/09/19 07:52 PM
Another one, keith. I not only was asked by two county gun clubs to speak at an all-federal-candidates meeting protesting the registry, of whom the Conservative, a long-time friend, became federal justice minister, and carried it forward to defeat the gun registry. It's on the public record; I don't have to prove it to anyone. It's dishonest to make accusations with no supporting evidence, as you do.

Why should we believe you King? And why would someone who was actually against the Long Gun Registry in Canada be so in favor of a back-door registry here in the U.S. ???

I ask for proof, because I know you have lied to us so many times, and have such a long history of undermining our gun rights and supporting anti-gun Liberal Left Democrats.

Remember saying this... even after knowing Obama had pushed for anti-gun legislation, and enacted numerous anti-gun Executive Orders:

It's hardly mean-spirited to note that I'm an Obama supporter. I'm proud of it, apparent here as long as he's been around. He's anti-gun but has kept his legislative gun in his holster to position his party for '16.

How about the many times you tried to deny our Individual Right to Keep and Bear Arms:

Dave, Dave, Dave: you're like those fundamentalists who claim Jesus walked with the dinosaurs. There was no NRA at time of the Founding Fathers. The change was recent to what the Second is today. You acknowledge as "infringements" all those jurisdictions making the Second what they want it to be. But still the law.

Whether Americans carry because they can or have to is not the issue. They democratically make decisions on how they want to live. Their homicide record is not edifying among modern societies. It is a violent country.

Remember this bold-faced LIE about Constitutional Scholar Mark Levin's thoughts on the 2nd?

I believe what Levin says about the Second was in the the Founders' minds. The pity is they didn't write it down. They wanted to protect the states from federal interference, for sure. But the country is still wrangling with the Second to the point that courts are allowing various levels to regulate from popular vote.

Remember this comment you made to the anti-gun Troll Ed Good?

Ed, historically the individual "right" to bear arms is relatively new. I believe John Ashcroft in 2002 became the first federal attorney-general to proclaim that individuals should be able to own guns. The Supreme Court in 2008 overturned all mainstream legal and historical scholarship by ruling that there is an individual right to own firearms although with some limits. Obama said it again last week.

I believe that during the previous 218 years the Second meant what it said: firearms shall be held by "the People"---a collective and not individual right---insofar they are in the service of "a well-regulated militia." Was an individual right even mentioned at the Constitutional Convention or in the House when it ratified the Amendment or when debated in state legislatures? I don't think so.

I don't lie about you or make accusations without supporting evidence. I can't help it that you are in denial about your own words and actions. All of my opinions about you are based totally upon what you post here. Would you like more, or would you rather just have me post it all in a Memorial Tribute to you after you finally croak?
Posted By: craigd Re: NRA, Trump, Red Flag? - 08/09/19 07:55 PM
Geo, it’s right not to trust politicians. My rule is that there are many who’re a whole bunch less trust worthy. It’ s an absolute luxury to be debating the nuances of this admins gun control vs. the real world alternative.
Posted By: King Brown Re: NRA, Trump, Red Flag? - 08/09/19 07:55 PM
All were familiar with guns and NRA, keith. They were a folklorist professor; a professional photographer; a scriptwriter professor, runner-up for Pulitzer Prize several years ago, with US and Canada best-seller; owner large insurance company,on national library board, nuclear power director, painter, sculptor, skeet shooter and angler, all round polymath. Disparate opinions of solutions, great conversation, on leaving they said they "wished they could talk this way at home." (The majority was women.)
Posted By: Geo. Newbern Re: NRA, Trump, Red Flag? - 08/09/19 08:05 PM
Originally Posted By: craigd
Geo, it’s right not to trust politicians. My rule is that there are many who’re a whole bunch less trust worthy. It’ s an absolute luxury to be debating the nuances of this admins gun control vs. the real world alternative.

Craig, I've supported the president in pretty much all he has accomplished so far in his term. I fear that his desire for a 2nd term has led him to consider betrayal of our sector of his support to woo democratic fence sitters who'll never vote him another term anyway.

I've been a NRA supporter all of my adult life. It may be Lapierre has been in total control long enough to have decided he deserves more for his services than he is paid. I don't know enough about the situation to decide, thus the question...Geo
Posted By: King Brown Re: NRA, Trump, Red Flag? - 08/09/19 08:05 PM
I can't speak to "factual honesty", craig, because I'm not sure what you're referring to. I believe an increase in one sector of violence---I'd have to google it---has resulted in anticipated stricter gun reform, perhaps in next Parliament.
Posted By: keith Re: NRA, Trump, Red Flag? - 08/09/19 08:07 PM
Originally Posted By: Geo. Newbern
Broke my rule not to read lower case keith's posts because it was in response to my own questions. Shouldn't have done that. Won't make that mistake again.

NRA: So Ollie is a traitor in your opinion? Because LaPierre's board says so.

President TRUMP: I voted for him, didn't trust him though. If he does not protect gun owners from federal Red Flag legislation and "gun show loophole" matters he was not worthy of my vote.

RED FLAG: So that's just another liberal trick, but it must be OK if our man President Trump goes along with it.

...Geo

Geo, I replied to you because I know you don't really IGNORE my posts. If I ever decided to IGNORE your posts, I'd never ever even take a peek. That is because I mean what I say and tell the truth about such things.

I have looked into the allegations made by Ollie North, and am satisfied that he was acting in his own financial interests with his charges against LaPierre. I know LaPierre makes good money and has some nice perks. He is worth every penny, and is far better than an NRA Director who caves in and gives ground to anti-gunners. We have won far more than we have lost in this never-ending battle with anti-gunners.

I've been a NRA supporter all of my adult life. It may be Lapierre has been in total control long enough to have decided he deserves more for his services than he is paid. I don't know enough about the situation to decide, thus the question...Geo

So you say you are an NRA supporter and don't know enough about these allegations to decide. That makes me wonder why you are posting crap like this here, and carrying the mail for the anti-gunners? The anti-gun Democrats have been working hard to reduce NRA membership and donations. I'm sure they appreciate your help. Of course, we know your history of trying to discredit me, and worshiping the ground that your anti-gun pal King walks on. We probably shouldn't draw any conclusions from piles of circumstantial evidence and smoking guns though.

I sincerely hope Trump does not give any ground to the anti-gunners. He has given them hope before, and remained loyal to the 2nd-Amendment. George H.W. Bush made the mistake of giving in to lying Democrats on raising taxes, and they rewarded his spirit of compromise by using his "No New Taxes" pledge to defeat him.

I still wonder why you would vote for someone you didn't trust, and waited until now to tell us you didn't trust Trump.

We all know that Trump and the NRA didn't propose Red Flag Laws. Again, that all comes from anti-gun Democrats, who are constantly pushing for more and more gun laws. They will never stop, and voting for more anti-gun Democrats and denigrating the NRA will only help them achieve their goals. Maybe that's what you really want... like a number of FUDD's, Libtards, and closet anti-gunners here.

I'll continue to fight... even when it means choosing the lesser of two-evils. Perhaps you wish you gave your vote to Hillary. Or maybe you really did. Your pal SKB also says he voted for Trump, yet he has slammed him quite a few times before and after the election. Makes one think... if you actually use your brain.
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: NRA, Trump, Red Flag? - 08/09/19 08:09 PM
All were familiar with guns and NRA, keith. They were a folklorist professor; a professional photographer; a scriptwriter professor, runner-up for Pulitzer Prize several years ago, with US and Canada best-seller; owner large insurance company,on national library board, nuclear power director, painter, sculptor, skeet shooter and angler, all round polymath. Disparate opinions of solutions, great conversation, on leaving they said they "wished they could talk this way at home." (The majority was women.)

No one from the front office of the Maple Leafs? You’re useless to me, King.

Posted By: keith Re: NRA, Trump, Red Flag? - 08/09/19 08:23 PM

Hahahaha... really King. You really expect us to believe that all of these movers and shakers trekked to rural Nova Scotia on a Thursday to share a table with a bloviator like you? And while all of these important and busy captains of industry, professors, and Pulitzer Prize runners up, etc. were paying homage to you... you spent much of the day posting your usual crap here, and frequently logging in to read threads?

Didn't they think it was rude for you to keep running to your PC to read threads and post crap here? Were they helping you, perhaps???

So tell us why these obvious imaginary Liberals can't "talk this way at home"? Denigration of the NRA by academia is all the rage among liberal professors, and we do have that 1st Amendment thing. I sure wish you'd have taken a "selfie" of you and all of your important imaginary guests.

Seriously, if your doctor ever sees the unbelievable made-up shit you post here, you are going to be in a strait-jacket, and locked up in a padded cell.

Posted By: Recoil Rob Re: NRA, Trump, Red Flag? - 08/09/19 10:09 PM
Originally Posted By: PALUNC

Today's NYT...

"In 1996, Australia launched a mandatory gun buyback of 650,000 military-style weapons. While gun ownership per capita in the country declined by more than 20 percent, today Australians own more guns than they did before the buyback."
Posted By: craigd Re: NRA, Trump, Red Flag? - 08/09/19 10:33 PM
I can't speak to "factual honesty", craig, because I'm not sure what you're referring to. I believe an increase in one sector of violence---I'd have to google it---has resulted in anticipated stricter gun reform, perhaps in next Parliament.

Don’t worry about one sector, across the board, isn’t Canada becoming more violent and dangerous due to the criminal use of firearms since the repeal of your registry? It’s just an observation that you no longer write of the peaceful and loving Canadian culture as you did a few short years ago. Why would you want to ‘reform’ Canadian citizens who abide by your laws? I don’t get it.
Posted By: Der Ami Re: NRA, Trump, Red Flag? - 08/09/19 11:22 PM
We will, with out doubt, lose if we fight among ourselves. Keep our eyes on the prize. We have to make sure what ever they come up with does not include keeping a record of guns using background checks as an excuse. That is what they want(registration with another name). When they talk about "Gun show" and "internet sales" loopholes, we need to tell them to write into what ever they come up with that they should require FFL Dealers to perform background checks in gunshows as well as in their shops. Also tell them to require guns bought on the internet must be sent to an FFL Dealer to perform a background check on the buyer. If they know this is already required maybe they will be ashamed to admit trying to scam us.
Mike
Posted By: tut Re: NRA, Trump, Red Flag? - 08/09/19 11:54 PM
Beats the hell out of me, but things are out of control. Local County Fair next week in Virginia. Wife told me she didn't want to go because she was afraid some nut with an Assault Rifle might shoot the place up because its a soft target. The fear is real folks.

PS. I had my niece who did home schooling after Newtown. This is Virginia, not exactly a liberal state for sure. Folks are damn well concerned.
Posted By: CptCurl Re: NRA, Trump, Red Flag? - 08/10/19 12:23 AM
The red flag laws will be front and center in many divorce cases. Just like the false use of protective orders.

Curl
Posted By: Ted Schefelbein Re: NRA, Trump, Red Flag? - 08/10/19 01:07 AM
Originally Posted By: tut
Beats the hell out of me, but things are out of control. Local County Fair next week in Virginia. Wife told me she didn't want to go because she was afraid some nut with an Assault Rifle might shoot the place up because its a soft target. The fear is real folks.

PS. I had my niece who did home schooling after Newtown. This is Virginia, not exactly a liberal state for sure. Folks are damn well concerned.

Things are out of control because your wife and a niece are afraid? Who else, pray tell, is afraid?

Let’s be honest, for just a moment. Your wife and niece weren’t afraid the previous week, when 59 people were gunned down in Chicago, but, they are now? Rationally speaking, if you withhold the firearms deaths from Chicago, Detroit, Baltimore, New Orleans, and St. Louis, the good old US of A falls to near the bottom of the list for gun violence.

Why is that?

Your wife and niece are FAR more likely to be killed in a car wreak featuring a canabis addled 17 year old girl on a cell phone.

Are they afraid of that?

They should be.

Best,
Ted
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: NRA, Trump, Red Flag? - 08/10/19 02:24 AM
Well said, Ted.

As for me, I will not live in fear. I will go heeled, as I did earlier this evening as wife and I had supper out, and then bought groceries at the local Walmart. I will carry at church each Sunday, because I am a deacon in my church and feel very strongly it is my responsibility to protect the worshipers who come there in innocence, and cannot protect themselves. I am willing to become the target in an active shooter situation like that to protect the lives of the innocents. I will support the NRA, because without them we are toast. I will put my 2nd Amendment rights and the rights of the unborn and elderly at the top of my priorities when I decide how to cast my votes. And, I will never stop preaching it to my sons and grandchildren, as long as God gives me breath.

SRH
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: NRA, Trump, Red Flag? - 08/10/19 02:41 AM
Originally Posted By: Ted Schefelbein
Rationally speaking, if you withhold the firearms deaths from Chicago, Detroit... and St. Louis..

Best,
Ted

Yeah but on the bright side we have 18 Stanley Cups between us.

King,

I have a bunch of Canadians over for dinner all the time and try to get a good political discussion going but all they want to talk about is....

Posted By: craigd Re: NRA, Trump, Red Flag? - 08/10/19 03:58 AM
....Why is that?....

Not so curiously, the susceptibility to talking points is a big blue corporate trickle down entitlement.
Posted By: ed good Re: NRA, Trump, Red Flag? - 08/10/19 04:40 AM
well said, stan...
Posted By: ed good Re: NRA, Trump, Red Flag? - 08/10/19 05:02 AM
as for trump and gun control...it is likely that he will veto any gun control legislation presented to him by congress before the election, justifiably claiming that said legislation is a violation of the second amendment...plus, the result of signing such legislation would cost him more votes than it would gain...

however, as we get closer to the election and if trump perceives the need for more votes, he may "do something", re gun control, via executive order, in an effort to pander for votes...after the election he can always rethink and resend his executive order or engineer a supreme court decision, that would declare his gun control executive order to be unconstitutional...
Posted By: ed good Re: NRA, Trump, Red Flag? - 08/10/19 05:10 AM
and as for being afraid, i am so glad that i live in a quaint and peaceful little village in new hampshire....

nothin much happens round here...which is a good thing...
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: NRA, Trump, Red Flag? - 08/10/19 10:59 AM
Originally Posted By: ed good
well said, stan...

The wOrld must be ending Ed and Stanley are kissing up...

Guess next thing is Stan taking a bullet for Ed down at the local Walmart.
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: NRA, Trump, Red Flag? - 08/10/19 11:06 AM
Originally Posted By: Stan

As for me, I will not live in fear. I will go heeled, as I did earlier this evening as wife and I had supper out, and then bought groceries at the local Walmart. I will carry at church each Sunday, because I am a deacon in my church and feel very strongly it is my responsibility to protect the worshipers who come there in innocence, and cannot protect themselves. I am willing to become the target in an active shooter situation like that to protect the lives of the innocents.
SRH

Stan read what you wrote you are living everyday in fear....

if you weren't in fear you wouldn't be so "heeled" brOtha fearless
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: NRA, Trump, Red Flag? - 08/10/19 11:11 AM

TRUMP I never thought we could trust that guy when the going got tough.

If Donald Trump had been a lawyer I would agree with you 101%
Posted By: Run With The Fox Re: NRA, Trump, Red Flag? - 08/10/19 12:03 PM
Amen to that. I treat my Kimber Para-Carry in .45ACP like "My Little Lifesaver"-- just in case. RWTF
Posted By: Ted Schefelbein Re: NRA, Trump, Red Flag? - 08/10/19 01:40 PM
Originally Posted By: [censored
]

As for me, I will not live in fear. I will go heeled, as I did earlier this evening as wife and I had supper out, and then bought groceries at the local Walmart. I will carry at church each Sunday, because I am a deacon in my church and feel very strongly it is my responsibility to protect the worshipers who come there in innocence, and cannot protect themselves. I am willing to become the target in an active shooter situation like that to protect the lives of the innocents.
SRH

Stan read what you wrote you are living everyday in fear....

if you weren't in fear you wouldn't be so "heeled" brOtha fearless

You confuse the Boy Scout motto with being afraid. Lots of liberals do the same thing. They believe someone else should be obligated to take care of them.

Best,
Ted
Posted By: King Brown Re: NRA, Trump, Red Flag? - 08/10/19 01:56 PM
Re your earlier question on gun reform here, craig. "Reform" because citizens make choices on how they want to live, and gun law is federal responsibility, currently being debated nationally, consequence of federal election a few months away and a spate of gang shootings in Toronto, whose mayor is proposing handgun ban, if only for his city.

Reform is a good word for it because Canadians generally realize banning handguns is not a solution. It could be part of a solution, cutting violence through better background checks, refusing ownership to felons, stricter regulations, already among strictest in the world. Ottawa mused handgun ban, did cross-country face=to-face survey, and changed its tune.

I haven't changed my mind about Canada's striving for moderation and accommodation and responsible government---the first in North America right here in Nova Scotia--- representing the values on which the country was founded. We're different from Americans, don't feel need to carry for personal and public safety. I don't feel a better person than Fox or Stan for it.
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: NRA, Trump, Red Flag? - 08/10/19 02:01 PM
Anyone who says they have no fear of anything is either a liar or a fool. My biggest fear concerning this degradation of our society is that one day I may be in need of an "equalizer" to protect my family, or other innocents, and I won't have it for some reason. I do not carry everyday, on my person. I have it close by at all times, but carry when I feel the need calls for it.

Second biggest fear is that I would someday agree with something Frank has to say that is not gun related, on here.

SRH
Posted By: craigd Re: NRA, Trump, Red Flag? - 08/10/19 02:11 PM
Originally Posted By: ed good
as for trump and gun control...

Or, congress is on break, they wouldn’t legislate anyway and the news cycle would move on by the time they pretended to roll up their sleeves? The value of impeachment, the dems let him roll it out at his convenience? Or, is anyone up for a ‘racist’ tweet? Must be poo being a dem getting sage advise from a hill or looking biden for the future.
Posted By: King Brown Re: NRA, Trump, Red Flag? - 08/10/19 02:24 PM
There's no shame to be afraid. I've been afraid I wouldn't be the person I want to be most of my life. I prefer to think of it as having a good instinct for safety---check, double-check, ask yourself Who am I? Complacency is the likeliest thing to cause me harm.
Posted By: craigd Re: NRA, Trump, Red Flag? - 08/10/19 02:32 PM
Re your earlier question on gun reform here, craig. "Reform" because citizens make choices on how they want to live, and gun law is federal responsibility, currently being debated nationally, consequence of federal election a few months away and a spate of gang shootings in Toronto, whose mayor is proposing handgun ban, if only for his city.

Reform is a good word for it because Canadians generally realize banning handguns is not a solution. It could be part of a solution, cutting violence through better background checks, refusing ownership to felons, stricter regulations, already among strictest in the world....

Here’s a good example of mildly veiled honesty, ‘reform’ used to stir good feelings? Why don’t you work on reforming elites beholden to big corp. pot, who’re trying to entrap Canada’s future in addiction. Don’t forget, some feel nothing good can come from the pleasure weed, eh, ‘cept for new markets for better drugs.
Posted By: King Brown Re: NRA, Trump, Red Flag? - 08/10/19 02:52 PM
Because I'm at the top of my craft and apply myself where I have most influence in the public interest, which is what people would do if they saw clearly, thought rationally and acted disinterestedly.

Canada legislated carbon and pot. I disagree with pot. I'm currently trying to bring Reason to our province's biggest environmental, social and economic issue in 40 years. Those other two issues are over the hill.
Posted By: craigd Re: NRA, Trump, Red Flag? - 08/10/19 03:23 PM
....I'm at the top of my craft and apply myself where I have most influence in the public interest, which is what people would do if they saw clearly, thought rationally and acted disinterestedly....

Now, I feel safe. I long to be Canadian, so that my will would be your will. Any luck with comp. hunting license?
Posted By: Geo. Newbern Re: NRA, Trump, Red Flag? - 08/10/19 03:32 PM
I live in GA which is a pretty gun friendly state. I spent last week in Boston having meetings with the OCC (federal bank examiners) office there.

I intended to take my concealed carry pistol along for company, but nixed that when I checked their gun laws. Well, I thought, I'll carry a useful knife. Nope, Boston has a rule banning assisted openers or any knife for that matter with a blade over 2.5 inches.

My wife and I never had a bit of trouble, and I had never expected any. Nevertheless, I would not care to live under those restrictions to my basic right to self protection.

That's my concern with both President Trump appearing to waver on the gun control issue and also with whatever the internal problems are at the NRA. The NRA is our last best hope, but their credibility seems to be in issue now and it will not improve as long as the issues remain forbidden information...Geo
Posted By: Willieb Re: NRA, Trump, Red Flag? - 08/10/19 04:13 PM
I normally don't respond to threads, but rather listen and hope I can learn something. But, this one is a real threat to alll gun owners.

As a lifetime member of the NRA , their latest troubles concern me greatly. And too the words of President Trump and congress. I have disagreed with all the above many times. But, at this time we need the NRA more than ever and I will not waiver my support of them at this critical time.
We can work out the problems later or change ships, but not now.

Yes, I know there are other pro 2nd amendment groups out there and I urge any one that supports them to continue doing so, but numbers count and right now the NRA runs the ball.

Swallow the bad taste any go with your strongest group, while we still have time.
Posted By: keith Re: NRA, Trump, Red Flag? - 08/10/19 05:21 PM
Originally Posted By: tut

I have to wonder if Mrs.tut is afraid to go to Home Depot too???

She should be afraid, since more people are killed annually with hammers than AR-15's and all other rifles combined.

And Ted correctly noted that she is much more likely to get killed or injured on any highway where some teenager is busy texting or playing a game on a cell phone.

And how about going to a Hospital??? Talk about deadly dangerous.

It sounds as if Mrs. tut has been watching entirely too much CNN, and has been drinking the anti-gun Liberal Democrat Kool-Aid.

Posted By: keith Re: NRA, Trump, Red Flag? - 08/10/19 05:39 PM
Originally Posted By: Willieb

...As a lifetime member of the NRA , their latest troubles concern me greatly. And too the words of President Trump and congress. I have disagreed with all the above many times. But, at this time we need the NRA more than ever and I will not waiver my support of them at this critical time.
We can work out the problems later or change ships, but not now.

Yes, I know there are other pro 2nd amendment groups out there and I urge any one that supports them to continue doing so, but numbers count and right now the NRA runs the ball....

Willieb is talking like an intelligent gun owner, while Geo is still advancing his apparent agenda to bash Trump prematurely and to carry the ball for anti-gunners by questioning the integrity of the NRA... the organization that has done more to preserve the 2nd Amendment than any other.

I wonder if Geo and his anti-gun pal King noticed the typical flash of brilliance exhibited by Trump on Monday. He is calling for the Death Penalty for mass shooters. Trump knows that anti-gun Democrats would rather preserve the lives of convicted murderers than those of innocent unborn babies. He knows many won't vote for any gun legislation that includes the Death Penalty for mass murderers. If smart Republicans attach funding for a Border Wall to any legislation, it will die a very fast death.

Anti-gun Liberal Democrats are already criticizing this proposal by Trump. When you call, write, and email your legislators and the White House... be sure to mention that we need to concentrate efforts on things like the Death Penalty, SSRI anti-depressants, and mental health. And anti-gun Democrats will howl like babies if any proposal for Background Checks does not include recording the make, model, and serial number of the gun being purchased. We need to expose their true agenda... an illegal back-door registry, and a push down the slippery slope toward firearm bans.
Posted By: keith Re: NRA, Trump, Red Flag? - 08/10/19 05:53 PM
There's no shame to be afraid. I've been afraid I wouldn't be the person I want to be most of my life. I prefer to think of it as having a good instinct for safety---check, double-check, ask yourself Who am I?

We all know who you are King. You are the official anti-2nd Amendment Troll of DoubleGunShop forums. There are others who support those who continually infringe upon the Gun Rights of law abiding citizens. But none as prolific as you. It will be your legacy here.

And we also know what you are afraid of. Your biggest fear is telling the truth. That's why you won't go near my questions about why you thought I was cheating Dave Weber and doing free advertising for NRA-PVF and the Republican Party with my previous tag-lines. Yet you won't comment whether you think your buddy SKB Stevie is cheating Dave with his continual advertising of his business in his tag-line, or his frequent selling of his gunsmithing or gun importation services here, rather than in the For Sale forum.

Stevie is obviously terrified to address this perfectly valid question too.
Posted By: Colonial Re: NRA, Trump, Red Flag? - 08/10/19 06:16 PM
His legacy? Soon,maybe???
Posted By: King Brown Re: NRA, Trump, Red Flag? - 08/10/19 06:33 PM
"We all know"---c'mon.
Posted By: King Brown Re: NRA, Trump, Red Flag? - 08/10/19 06:38 PM
I think there's sort of a complimentary for non-residents accompanied by a resident. I've "guided" non-residents in the past.
Posted By: craigd Re: NRA, Trump, Red Flag? - 08/10/19 07:14 PM
I think there's sort of a complimentary for non-residents accompanied by a resident. I've "guided" non-residents in the past.

As a resident of the world, I am offended. Open you borders, does it always have to be about us and them? Sure you will guide my morality, but.... Ah oops, you’re talking about hunting, eh?
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: NRA, Trump, Red Flag? - 08/10/19 07:44 PM

As a resident of the world, I am offended. Open you borders, does it always have to be about us and them? Sure you will guide my morality, but.... Ah oops, you’re talking about hunting, eh?

You two would make perfect dinner companions for each other.

I’d grab my plate and head for the living room and turn on Hockey Night In Canada. Hopefully before I missed Coach’s Corner.

Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: NRA, Trump, Red Flag? - 08/10/19 07:59 PM
Anyone who says they have no fear of anything is either a liar or a fool. My biggest fear concerning this degradation of our society is that one day I may be in need of an "equalizer" to protect my family, or other innocents, and I won't have it for some reason. I do not carry everyday, on my person. I have it close by at all times, but carry when I feel the need calls for it.

Second biggest fear is that I would someday agree with something Frank has to say that is not gun related, on here.

SRH

Stan you either carry for fear or you'd hate to miss the opportunity...
Posted By: ed good Re: NRA, Trump, Red Flag? - 08/10/19 09:00 PM
jOe, give hit ah rest...so we can git back on topic...
Posted By: rocky mtn bill Re: NRA, Trump, Red Flag? - 08/10/19 10:41 PM
Our President is an opportunist. He has no guiding principles. He has no interest in gun rights. If he can gain one more vote by confiscating your Purdey, he'll do it. As for the chance of the USA going the way of Australia, we're more likely to be wiped out by an astroid. Keep sending your money to the NRA. Wayne has lots more stuff to buy.
Posted By: canvasback Re: NRA, Trump, Red Flag? - 08/10/19 11:01 PM
Originally Posted By: lonesome roads

You two would make perfect dinner companions for each other.

I’d grab my plate and head for the living room and turn on Hockey Night In Canada. Hopefully before I missed Coach’s Corner.

LR, you know the hockey season isn’t on right now, right?

I’m getting worried about you.
Posted By: keith Re: NRA, Trump, Red Flag? - 08/10/19 11:03 PM
Originally Posted By: rocky mtn bill
Our President is an opportunist. He has no guiding principles. He has no interest in gun rights. If he can gain one more vote by confiscating your Purdey, he'll do it. As for the chance of the USA going the way of Australia, we're more likely to be wiped out by an astroid. Keep sending your money to the NRA. Wayne has lots more stuff to buy.

Why don't you give full disclosure Billy. Tell everyone how you are a loyal supporter of anti-gun Liberal Left Democrats.

Tell everyone how long you have been critical of our NRA... because they simply do not endorse the Liberal Left anti-gunners that you love.

Tell them how you never said a negative word about Obama when he tried to advance anti-gun legislation. Tell everyone how you are nothing but a Democrat sheep, and a loyal propagandist for anti-gunners.

P.S.-- Billy, I'm sure you meant to post this Trump and NRA bashing in the Classic and Custom Rifles forum for your rifle buddies, so I moved it to your Reboring Thread there for you. No need to thank me.

P.P.S.--- A retired English Teacher ought to know how to spell "asteroid". With illiterate teachers like you... it's no wonder Johnny can't read.
Posted By: craigd Re: NRA, Trump, Red Flag? - 08/10/19 11:29 PM
Our President is an opportunist. He has no guiding principles. He has no interest in gun rights. If he can gain one more vote by confiscating your Purdey, he'll do it....

....Keep sending your money to the NRA....

You’re the luckiest fellow here, because King’s a ferner, you get to bellyache and your President will defend it plus gift wrap you a great country.

Your President could confiscate all the Purdeys in Bozeman, but it wouldn’t be a drop in the bucket compared to what your dream candidate will promise to win in Iowa, eh? Congrats, you folks have some dandies.

Hey, bonus time, the NRA is looking out for your old bolt rifles, and you don’t have to send them a penny. You’re entitled to it.
Posted By: Goillini Re: NRA, Trump, Red Flag? - 08/11/19 02:16 AM
Well, noted NRA recruiter RockyMtnBill told us to send our money to the NRA and my parents taught me to respect and listen to my elders. So I just renewed my NRA membership for another 3 years and joined the ISRA just for good measure. Thanks for the advice Bill!
Posted By: cadet Re: NRA, Trump, Red Flag? - 08/11/19 08:32 AM

For all it's/our faults, one of the best places on the planet to live, and some of the best people to share it with. And even with the firearms controls we have, I'd rather be here than just about any other place. But it's apples with oranges stuff.
Posted By: Ted Schefelbein Re: NRA, Trump, Red Flag? - 08/11/19 12:42 PM
Originally Posted By: cadet

For all it's/our faults, one of the best places on the planet to live, and some of the best people to share it with. And even with the firearms controls we have, I'd rather be here than just about any other place. But it's apples with oranges stuff.

We all get that you like where you live, What we don’t get is the whole bow to the queen thing, and why you don’t have an NRA. Or, a bill of rights, that spells out what your government can and can’t do to you.

I like it here.

Best,
Ted
Posted By: Ted Schefelbein Re: NRA, Trump, Red Flag? - 08/11/19 12:50 PM

Uh huh. Say, since Barrack knew he would be coming out of the White House a freshly minted millionaire, do you think he should have considered donating his presidential salary for the entire 8 years, just like Trump? The optics leave a bit to be desired. How ‘bout when they discovered that the typical Girl Scout had donated more than Creepy Uncle Joe had, and shamed him into letting the moths out of his billfold?

My opportunist told you what he was going to do, and did it. Your opportunist hired people to write lies about it, then, lied about it, and expected everyone to be happy with it.

Mine is better.

Best,
Ted
Posted By: SKB Re: NRA, Trump, Red Flag? - 08/11/19 01:09 PM
Originally Posted By: cadet

We all get that you like where you live, What we don’t get is the whole bow to the queen thing, and why you don’t have an NRA. Or, a bill of rights, that spells out what your government can and can’t do to you.

I like it here.

Best,
Ted

We are unique here Ted, the only former colony that fought Britain for our freedom. The Common wealth does not have single member who has rights spelled out like we do. It is not a mystery to me, a different country with a different culture and different laws. I am glad I live here but have enjoyed visiting both Australia and New Zealand. Great folks and wonderful Countries. Why would you expect another Country to have our norms? Best regards,
Steve
Posted By: canvasback Re: NRA, Trump, Red Flag? - 08/11/19 01:33 PM
Ted, have you ever watched Americans fawn over a Kennedy? It’s the same thing. You have your Jackies and we have Liz. I’ll happily take Liz.
Posted By: King Brown Re: NRA, Trump, Red Flag? - 08/11/19 03:24 PM
Ted, bone-up on the British Commonwealth, 50-plus countries, some with their own monarchs. ANZACS, Australia and New Zealand, buttle to no one, their tough, disciplined military always welcomed by American forces in combat, as are our own. The queen's role is symbolic, mostly ceremonial. Citizens make policy for how they want to be governed.

When the UN-US line crumbled in Korea, the Commonwealth held, honoured with US Presidential citation. Canada took on British prime minister Thatcher for not joining sanctions against South Africa's apartheid government; Mandela's first call of thanks his first day of freedom was to Canada, senior member of the Commonwealth.

Our parliamentary systems wouldn't confer on US citizens their current yo-yo dysfunction, abandoning traditional interests for partisan advantage, loss of trust among its world partners. Loss of confidence in ruling parties in Houses of Commons would result in a call for a new government.

I admire Queen Elizabeth for the way she's doing her job. I was a barely-20 night editor for The Canadian Press when the king died, and covered the young queen and her insufferable royal consort on her first tour of Canada. Other than that, I respect a few members of the royal family for traditionally not shirking combat duties, but no time for monarchy.
Posted By: Geo. Newbern Re: NRA, Trump, Red Flag? - 08/11/19 03:30 PM
There are a lot of knowledgeable people here. So does anyone have the backstory on the NRA dustup? Coup attempt by Ollie, Chris [censored], greedy board members, or an attempt to clean up a bad situation in a good organization?...Geo
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: NRA, Trump, Red Flag? - 08/11/19 03:53 PM
Coup attempt by Ollie, Chris [censored]...Geo

That’s funny. Thanks, jOe.

Ted, bone-up on the British Commonwealth, 50-plus countries, some with their own monarchs. ANZACS, Australia and New Zealand, buttle to no one. .

A little arse kissin’ doesn’t hurt though I guess.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/20/world/australia/australia-china.html

Posted By: King Brown Re: NRA, Trump, Red Flag? - 08/11/19 03:54 PM
Geo, nothing solid only hearsay from my American friends spending summers here. Size of salary was a big part of it. (Like my own turn-off of the Clintons' piling it up: commoners would consider a fortune for a 20-minute speech.) I'm taking some proprietorship here because I wrote twice to LaPierre---possibly the first copied on our forum---and briefed our MP, justice and defence minister, for his meeting with McCain. Our MP was big help in ridding us of the long-gun registry. (Ollie North interesting in that he tried to set up a parallel government under Reagan.)
Posted By: Geo. Newbern Re: NRA, Trump, Red Flag? - 08/11/19 04:01 PM
I'll have to say my determination on Oliver North's parallel government is just a marine following orders from his commander in chief...Geo
Posted By: King Brown Re: NRA, Trump, Red Flag? - 08/11/19 04:48 PM
Agreed. The president knew what he was doing. LaPierre knew what Ollie was doing, too.

I understand your concern. I just left an important and influential national organization because it wasn't accountable to its membership.
Posted By: keith Re: NRA, Trump, Red Flag? - 08/11/19 06:36 PM
Geo, nothing solid only hearsay from my American friends spending summers here. Size of salary was a big part of it.

Well, we all know that hearsay from fellow anti-gun Libtards is sufficient evidence for you and Geo to denigrate our NRA.

I don't think LaPierre has an excessive salary. He doesn't make near as much as Democrat Warren Buffett or poor little rich girl Chelsea Clinton. And neither of them has done anything to preserve and protect the 2nd Amendment Rights of law abiding citizens. Bill Clinton gets more for a couple short speeches than LaPierre gets for a whole year of working to save our gun rights. Is Geo whining about that? People who have no qualms or concerns about the multi-million dollar contracts of useless entertainers and athletes act like LaPierre's salary and perks are somehow sinful.

I still don't believe that you helped to repeal the Canadian Long Gun Registry King. You can't provide shred of proof. And if you really thought that gun registries are bad... Then you'd not be supporting the efforts of anti-gun Liberal Left Democrats to institute one here.

So how long do you plan on running away from my questions concerning your pal Stevie's advertising of his business in his tag-line? And what about him hawking his gunsmith business and gun importation business in this forum instead of the For Sale section? You claimed I was cheating Dave when I had a link to NRA-PVF and a little picture of Reagan in my old taglines. You said I was advertising for the NRA and the RNC.

Canada should enter you in the 2020 Olympics King, and then ask you these same questions. You'd win the 100 Meter Gold medal and shatter the world record..... running away from your own lies and hypocrisy.
Posted By: rocky mtn bill Re: NRA, Trump, Red Flag? - 08/11/19 06:49 PM
Ted, if you like your president, you can keep him. What part of what he said he'd do has he done? He lies every time he takes a breath. Is that part of his appeal? He has made the rich richer; he has ignored the blue collar people he said he'd stand up for. Why am I bothering with this? You have your alternative facts. Keep reading The National Enquirer.
Posted By: keith Re: NRA, Trump, Red Flag? - 08/11/19 07:08 PM
The liberal left moron rocky mtn bill wants us all to believe his DNC lies and propaganda. He wants us to believe that the vastly improved employment opportunities of blue collar workers and minorities is just some fiction printed in the National Enquirer.

His anti-gun hero Obama told us that chronic high unemployment and stagnant wages would be the new normal.Obama helped to create ISIS, and let it spread across the Middle East, and even threaten us here. Trump anhiliated ISIS. We no longer have North Korea threatening to launch nukes at our west coast thanks to Donald Trump. We have a robust economy and stock market that is enriching the 401-K's of the working class. We have better trade deals and lower corporate taxes and less regulations, that aren't driving hundreds of thousands of jobs overseas.

And we have stupid lying Democrat sheep like Billy... who want to return anti-gunners to the White House, and flush the country down the same Socialist toilet as Venezuela. But Billy has a good excuse for not being able to see how much better we are with Trump as our President. It's hard for Billy to see anything when his head is so far up his ass.
Posted By: Ted Schefelbein Re: NRA, Trump, Red Flag? - 08/11/19 07:21 PM
Originally Posted By: keith
The liberal left moron rocky mtn bill wants us all to believe his DNC lies and propaganda. He wants us to believe that the vastly improved employment opportunities of blue collar workers and minorities is just some fiction printed in the National Enquirer.

His anti-gun hero Obama told us that chronic high unemployment and stagnant wages would be the new normal.Obama helped to create ISIS, and let it spread across the Middle East, and even threaten us here. Trump anhiliated ISIS. We no longer have North Korea threatening to launch nukes at our west coast thanks to Donald Trump. We have a robust economy and stock market that is enriching the 401-K's of the working class. We have better trade deals and lower corporate taxes and less regulations, that aren't driving hundreds of thousands of jobs overseas.

And we have stupid lying Democrat sheep like Billy... who want to return anti-gunners to the White House, and flush the country down the same Socialist toilet as Venezuela. But Billy has a good excuse for not being able to see how much better we are with Trump as our President. It's hard for Billy to see anything when his head is so far up his ass.

What that guy said.

Bill is clearly unhappy about lower taxes, energy independence, historically wage and employment growth, and wants to credit BHO, who said “those jobs are gone” for the 6 million manufacturing jobs that have returned.

Did you notice that when the Mullahs in Iran made mischief in the Strait of Hormuz, the price of fuel didn’t go up, Bill?

Obama didn’t build that, Bill. Trump did. I only wish you were bright enough to see it.

Best,
Ted
Posted By: Geo. Newbern Re: NRA, Trump, Red Flag? - 08/11/19 07:27 PM
The consensus here seems to be to keep the dirty laundry in the closet. The political situation is unfolding in plain site and we'll all see where that goes. OK with me, but I ain't buying the failed coup explanation. Nicholas Maduro has already used that one up...Geo
Posted By: keith Re: NRA, Trump, Red Flag? - 08/11/19 07:45 PM
Of course you wish to keep denigrating our NRA Geo. That does appear to be your not-so-hidden agenda here, in my opinion.

LaPierre's salary and perks are not hidden in any closet. But you want to see scandal and cheating when none has been proven, despite tons of dirt-digging by anti-gunners. LaPierre makes a nice salary, and he certainly deserves it considering the great job he does. I don't expect that we will see you questioning the high salaries of many in your Lawyer profession Geo. Why won't you tell us about all of the people in the legal profession who make lots more than Wayne LaPierre.... people who don't do a damn thing to preserve our gun rights???

Good to see you finally come out of the closet Geo. I hope you find your anti-NRA diatribe liberating. I did my own research into the baseless claims from people like you... And I am happy to keep right on supporting our NRA. There is no cheaper or better gun insurance policy than an NRA membership.
Posted By: King Brown Re: NRA, Trump, Red Flag? - 08/11/19 07:46 PM
SKB, re your reference to American Revolution as unique. Some five centuries earlier, before there was an European foot on this continent, there was the Magna Carta:

"Magna Carta, which means 'The Great Charter', is one of the most important documents in history as it established the principle that everyone is subject to the law, even the king, and guarantees the rights of individuals, the right to justice and the right to a fair trial."

The English barons didn't need a revolution in 1215. They put their bill before the king and said sign it. The British colonists who threw off their motherland's yoke became Americans. As for constitutions and bills of rights, the UK does not have a written constitution. All laws change with the times anyway.
Posted By: King Brown Re: NRA, Trump, Red Flag? - 08/11/19 08:05 PM
keith, I'm no apologist for anyone here. You're accusations against Geo are defamation or close enough to caution greater care. One doesn't need to be a lawyer or understand hermeneutics of the profession to recognize malice in your unfounded accusations, broadcast on an international board. It's no service to our fraternity, yourself or the board.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com