doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: ed good BREAKING NEWS! - 09/03/19 10:20 PM
Flash, this just in from one of our most reliable news sources, however, we are seeking calibration from another reliable source...so for now, this is just here say...

https://gundigest.com/reviews/shotguns/affordable-double-barrel-shotgun-options
Posted By: Shotgunjones Re: BREAKING NEWS! - 09/04/19 03:15 AM
Well crafted examples of the gun makers art.
Posted By: 2-piper Re: BREAKING NEWS! - 09/04/19 03:45 AM
Of the ones listed, I would have to go with the CZ. At 8 lbs the uplander it just too heavy. Balance & handling is a personal matter. Personally, to me, the SXS beats the O/U hands down regardless of what that writer says.
Posted By: Tinker Re: BREAKING NEWS! - 09/04/19 04:20 AM
Whales

Whales have a prince now.
Who knew?
Posted By: 300846 Re: BREAKING NEWS! - 09/04/19 07:08 AM
Of course most people know of the Prince of Whales. This is a large whale, not as big as a King of Whales but bigger than your run- of-the- mill whale.
Anyway that illustration shows a half pistol grip, not a P.O.W.
Posted By: ed good Re: BREAKING NEWS! - 09/04/19 11:57 AM
oh wale...
Posted By: Run With The Fox Re: BREAKING NEWS! - 09/04/19 12:18 PM
Close- near to my favorite Eastwood movie: "The Outlaw Josey Wales--" RWTF
Posted By: nca225 Re: BREAKING NEWS! - 09/04/19 01:18 PM
Originally Posted By: Run With The Fox
Close- near to my favorite Eastwood movie: "The Outlaw Josey Wales--" RWTF

That is a great Eastwood movie Foxy! Right up there Unforgiven and The Good, The Bad and The Ugly, and a for, far cry from Paint Your Wagon...
Posted By: BrentD, Prof Re: BREAKING NEWS! - 09/04/19 01:22 PM
Watched Pale Rider the other night. Of all the Clint movies, it has, by far, the best scenery, photography, lighting, and horse, but GBU is my favorite of all the Clint movies.
Posted By: nca225 Re: BREAKING NEWS! - 09/04/19 02:20 PM
Your right about Pale Rider Brent, GBU has by far the best soundtrack of any of them.
Posted By: Chantry Re: BREAKING NEWS! - 09/04/19 05:19 PM
I bought the 12g CZ Bobwhite G2 back in February and the build quality is quite good. It balances well and feels "right". It was a little stiff on opening when brand new. Only negatives are it is a bit too light for multiple rounds of skeet and it doesn't like Federal primers, the soft primers seem to prevent the firing pins from retracting back inside the receiver. This happens about 2 or 3 times in a round of skeet, so it isn't every time. This has NOT occurred with any other brands of shotgun shells.
Posted By: BrentD, Prof Re: BREAKING NEWS! - 09/04/19 06:14 PM
Chantry,
I have issues with Federal primers (and only Federals) in my Greener. Punches through about 30-40% of them (1 oz trap loads).
Posted By: Chantry Re: BREAKING NEWS! - 09/04/19 06:52 PM
Originally Posted By: BrentD
Chantry,
I have issues with Federal primers (and only Federals) in my Greener. Punches through about 30-40% of them (1 oz trap loads).

All of Federal's primers seem to be soft and I mentioned it so people would recognize that it was an issue with Federal ammo and not the CZ shotgun
Posted By: Shotgunjones Re: BREAKING NEWS! - 09/04/19 07:35 PM
Originally Posted By: Chantry
Originally Posted By: BrentD
Chantry,

All of Federal's primers seem to be soft and I mentioned it so people would recognize that it was an issue with Federal ammo and not the CZ shotgun

I'm sure Federal Cartridge Company would be happy to hear this news and get right on a design change.
Posted By: KY Jon Re: BREAKING NEWS! - 09/04/19 08:06 PM
As a person who reloads you learn which primers or hulls to avoid. Same thing with factory but sometimes you have less cheap choices. Hunting I always figure
Shells as the least expensive part of my trip. So I just buy the best and don’t worry about it.
Posted By: Ken Nelson Re: BREAKING NEWS! - 09/04/19 08:08 PM
Originally Posted By: nca225
Your right about Pale Rider Brent, GBU has by far the best soundtrack of any of them.

Say what??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MItMDkc343M grin
Posted By: BrentD, Prof Re: BREAKING NEWS! - 09/04/19 08:11 PM
Say no way to that one, Ken.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enuOArEfqGo

Posted By: nca225 Re: BREAKING NEWS! - 09/04/19 09:57 PM
Wow, they did a great with that Brent. I'll have to look to see if can get that on my iTunes.

At the risk of waxing nostalgic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXldafIl5DQ

This is one of the best scenes ever put to film. Why? Because they needn't say a word. The score conveys everything.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com