doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: gjw CZ Hammer Classic - Questions - 10/05/19 06:56 PM
Hi all, say, for you folks who have or had this hammergun, I've got a couple questions.

1) How is the bbl regulation?

2) Trigger pulls still heavy?

3) Quality of the fit and finish?

4) Overall handling?

I'm looking at this one for a nasty day duck gun.

Thanks so much!!!

Greg
Posted By: Geo. Newbern Re: CZ Hammer Classic - Questions - 10/05/19 07:28 PM
Greg, I have one. The trigger pulls are ok and it seems to hit where I point it. Fit and finish is ok for what it is, wood on mine is proud of the frame more than I like. Mine seems quite barrel heavy, but that's probably a plus for duck shooting. I wouldn't want to have to carry it very far.

I like the safety in addition to the hammers, but it is a little confusing to have to pull the hammer back and also take it off safety. I can open the gun with the hammers back and that's good in my book. I'm not in love with mine but it will do for a day in a duck blind...Geo
Posted By: gjw Re: CZ Hammer Classic - Questions - 10/05/19 07:36 PM
Thanks George! Bbl regulation is important for me. Don't want a gun that doesn't shoot were I point!

Thanks again!

Greg
Posted By: Replacement Re: CZ Hammer Classic - Questions - 10/05/19 07:40 PM
Don't have one, but for the price of a new CZ you can probably find a nice used Bernardelli Brescia, probably with 2-3/4" chambers.
Posted By: Geo. Newbern Re: CZ Hammer Classic - Questions - 10/05/19 11:09 PM
The gun is heavy enough to shoot the three inch shells it is chambered for. The choke tubes certainly make it more versatile than fixed choke guns...Geo
Posted By: LGF Re: CZ Hammer Classic - Questions - 10/06/19 07:50 AM
What George said. Triggers were awful on mine, and the radius of the pistol grip too small - the trigger guard bashed my middle finger badly. I opened it up to a POW grip, lightened the triggers, and it is now my steel shot duck gun. After a fair bit of use, the left firing pin barely dented the primer and I found that the left hammer nose was shorter than the right. CZ-USA sent me a replacement right away.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com