doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: PALUNC Morphy Auctions - 10/23/19 01:57 PM
They're giving away English guns up there.
Posted By: SXS 40 Re: Morphy Auctions - 10/23/19 09:42 PM

Not really, the good ones under $5k went above the high estimate.
Posted By: battle Re: Morphy Auctions - 10/23/19 11:50 PM
26% premium... thumbs down
Posted By: Owenjj3 Re: Morphy Auctions - 10/24/19 02:27 AM
I thought the auction was down a little bit in terms of English gun quality particularly with respect to double rifles. I Successfully avoided an Impulse purchase by not watching the live bidding. How was the energy in the room?
Posted By: SXS 40 Re: Morphy Auctions - 10/25/19 07:15 PM

Bid on the phone, pay by check, the buyers premium is 20%.
Posted By: CptCurl Re: Morphy Auctions - 10/26/19 03:09 PM
Originally Posted By: SXS 40

Bid on the phone, pay by check, the buyers premium is 20%.

Same for bidding online at Morphy's site. I used this interface for the auction and liked it. You see the items auctioned in real time and need only click a button to place a bid. I think it's less nerve-wracking than telephone bidding. JMHO

Curl
Posted By: Run With The Fox Re: Morphy Auctions - 10/27/19 08:45 PM
26%?? Mama Mia- that's a hefty "Vig"!! RWTF
Posted By: ed good Re: Morphy Auctions - 10/28/19 03:28 PM
hits called pushing the envelope...
Posted By: Mills Re: Morphy Auctions - 10/30/19 12:59 AM
The Parker GH 410 went for about 13K, all in. If I had known that, I would have bid. Probably just as well that I did not know. It is a buyer's market, but then you have some stuff going way high so you just don't ever know
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Morphy Auctions - 10/30/19 01:05 AM
As time goes by I am getting less and less interested in auctions. Private sales, where the potential buyer and seller can communicate, unfettered by the time constraints, are more and more attractive to me.

SRH
Posted By: Eis Re: Morphy Auctions - 10/30/19 07:06 PM
Originally Posted By: Mills
The Parker GH 410 went for about 13K, all in. If I had known that, I would have bid. Probably just as well that I did not know. It is a buyer's market, but then you have some stuff going way high so you just don't ever know

I don't think that gun hit it's reserve, if it did someone got a steal !
Posted By: PALUNC Re: Morphy Auctions - 10/30/19 07:31 PM
Auction update, all guns did not sell. Even though during the auction they may have said or indicated they did they did not. I know this as a friend of mine had some guns that did not meet his requirement to sale. That happened to several lots.
But the pair of H & H Royal Brevis guns did sell at that price shown. So cheap.
Posted By: Mills Re: Morphy Auctions - 10/31/19 05:42 PM
Originally Posted By: Eis
Originally Posted By: Mills

I don't think that gun hit it's reserve, if it did someone got a steal !

True that
Posted By: eightbore Re: Morphy Auctions - 11/01/19 09:07 PM
I wonder if a Purdey two barrel set, pigeon gun, made reserve at $5100 and some? I think some savvy bidders quit bidding when the bidding slows down, knowing the gun is not going to sell. Why give the auction house a free appraisal? I wonder where we'll see the Purdey and the GH Parker next?
Posted By: Mills Re: Morphy Auctions - 11/04/19 05:50 PM
Originally Posted By: eightbore
I wonder if a Purdey two barrel set, pigeon gun, made reserve at $5100 and some? I think some savvy bidders quit bidding when the bidding slows down, knowing the gun is not going to sell. Why give the auction house a free appraisal? I wonder where we'll see the Purdey and the GH Parker next?

My guess is one of the big dealers at a big price
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com