doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: gil russell INSURANCE FOR FIREARMS - 10/31/19 08:57 PM
I just received my renewal from Eastern Insurance in Marshfield, Mass. I'm paying $150/yr for unscheduled Collectibles Limit of $45K. I've never had a claim; just wondering if that is in the ballpark. thanks, Gil
Posted By: Bill Davis Re: INSURANCE FOR FIREARMS - 10/31/19 10:44 PM
It’s definitely in the ballpark and reasonable. If your deductible is less then $1000 it’s a very good deal!
Posted By: bill schodlatz Re: INSURANCE FOR FIREARMS - 11/01/19 02:27 PM
I am insured with Safeco. They offer a three tier system of home insurance The 3rd tier offers gun insurance at contents price or cents per $100. The third tier is not cheap but I was able to drop my NRA insurance and increase my home/gun insurance by 6 figures and save 4 figures in costs. When your collection reaches the 6 figure level they want a list of your guns and estimated value.

bill
Posted By: dogon Re: INSURANCE FOR FIREARMS - 11/01/19 02:40 PM
The price quoted from Eastern is inline & reasonable.

Keep in mind most Eastern policies also covers your guns away from home including while hunting, at a gun show or international travel. They would also be covered while shipping common carrier.

I feel they are a good value for the dollar and give a nice piece of mind knowing your guns are covered. It's not a one size fits all & if your collection is worth more than 50k another alternative might be the best way to go.
Posted By: Run With The Fox Re: INSURANCE FOR FIREARMS - 11/01/19 05:02 PM
I'm insured with Smith & Wesson-- also, our subdivision is aka- "cop-land" with a sheriff deputy one next-door neighbor, and a MI State Trooper on the other side- and a retired FBI agent across the street-- not 100%, but darn near-RWTF
Posted By: ChristopherB Re: INSURANCE FOR FIREARMS - 11/06/19 01:53 AM
Its better than what I pay at collectables ins.
Posted By: Ghostrider Re: INSURANCE FOR FIREARMS - 11/06/19 04:26 AM
I pay $315 per year for 100k.with Eastern.
Posted By: Bill Davis Re: INSURANCE FOR FIREARMS - 11/06/19 05:13 AM
Check out Gun and Trophy Insurance. Very competitive.
Posted By: gil russell Re: INSURANCE FOR FIREARMS - 11/06/19 03:41 PM
Gun and Trophy Insurance's quote is nearly identical. Thanks for the suggestion.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com