doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: gjw A Real Odd Ball O/U - 11/20/19 11:05 AM
Hey all, well, Ian from Forgotten Weapons found a real strange O/U. It sure is something you don't see in the field or at the range.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiVA7a2eIVg&t=4s

Best,

Greg
Posted By: Geo. Newbern Re: A Real Odd Ball O/U - 11/20/19 12:29 PM
That's a weird one alright...Geo
Posted By: L. Brown Re: A Real Odd Ball O/U - 11/20/19 12:39 PM
Very strange. I saw right away that the barrels couldn't possibly be straight.
Posted By: BrentD, Prof Re: A Real Odd Ball O/U - 11/20/19 01:14 PM
Originally Posted By: L. Brown

Me too. I'm surprised that Ian didn't notice that right off.

Who is going to bid on it? I nominate Frank.
Posted By: RedofTx Re: A Real Odd Ball O/U - 11/20/19 03:01 PM
Unusual design. Watching the entire video, I never heard him mention 'safety.' Did anyone see one? Live bird gun?
Posted By: Buzz Re: A Real Odd Ball O/U - 11/20/19 10:03 PM
Originally Posted By: BrentD

Brent: That particular gun might be good for pheasant for you? It’s butt heavy and barrel light, so it should be a fast gun for rough hunting, it has 2 barrels which you require, and it’s surely a cheap gun, another requirement of yours. Maybe you should nominate yourself to be the bidder instead of Frank??
Posted By: keith Re: A Real Odd Ball O/U - 11/20/19 11:00 PM

This is funny shit... coming from Larry Clown and BrentD. These two have such great powers of observation, that they couldn't see any problem with the anti-lead ammunition junk science they cling to, which reported an eagle that was recovered with a massive, and way beyond lethal dose, of lead poisoning. Blood lead levels were so high that the bird should have been dead. Yet the fatally sick eagle was found perched on a tree limb... too sick with lead poisoning to possibly live, yet somehow well enough to fly, and have the strength and coordination to perch on a tree limb.

These same two rocket scientists also could not explain the very wide disparity between several of their anti-lead junk-science studies when it came to what constitutes a lethal blood lead level in eagles or ducks.

Of course, one of the "Liberal Ten Commandments" is: Thou Shalt Not Question Junk Science which supports the Liberal Agenda.

The over-under bullpup design is interesting and different. Someone was certainly thinking outside the box. The bent pipes add credence to the idea that shot behaves as a fluid while moving through the barrels and chokes.
Posted By: BrentD, Prof Re: A Real Odd Ball O/U - 11/21/19 12:20 AM
Originally Posted By: buzz

Brent: That particular gun might be good for pheasant for you? It’s butt heavy and barrel light, so it should be a fast gun for rough hunting, it has 2 barrels which you require, and it’s surely a cheap gun, another requirement of yours. Maybe you should nominate yourself to be the bidder instead of Frank??

I don't shoot over/unders and I NEVER shoot anything with an action and chamber back by my head. No bull pup ever. Beyond all of that, it's butt ugly, like an A5 for instance.
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: A Real Odd Ball O/U - 11/21/19 12:27 AM
Butt ugly, muzzle ugly, and everything ugly in between.

SRH
Posted By: Buzz Re: A Real Odd Ball O/U - 11/21/19 01:20 PM
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. While this O/U is unsightly, the Browning A-5, a hugely successful firearm and in production for more than 100 years, was/is obviously attractive to many people. In years past, and if you were a real bird hunter, you had a Browning A-5, especially so in the Deep South. So Brent, I have to disagree with you in terms of the attractiveness of the A-5. I’m wondering if your disapproval relates to your fondness for and affectation in the belief that the SxS is the only way to go for bird hunting?
Posted By: BrentD, Prof Re: A Real Odd Ball O/U - 11/21/19 01:26 PM
buzz you are welcome to disagree. That won't make an A5 attractive to me. It is one of the ugliest guns there is. That is all there is to it. I don't say the same thing about an 1100 Remington, although certainly not handsome, it is not A5-ugly either.

Just as beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so is ugly.
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: A Real Odd Ball O/U - 11/21/19 01:32 PM

A Browning A5 is the classiest of semi-automatic shotguns.

Hands down...bar none...end of argument
Posted By: BrentD, Prof Re: A Real Odd Ball O/U - 11/21/19 01:34 PM
That you like it, Frank, only reinforces my position. Thanks.
Posted By: Buzz Re: A Real Odd Ball O/U - 11/21/19 01:55 PM
That you like it, Frank, only reinforces my position. Thanks.
Being habitually nasty just comes natural to some, eh Brent.
Posted By: 2-piper Re: A Real Odd Ball O/U - 11/21/19 02:14 PM
The A5 is like a lot of other things, you either like them or detest them, not much in between. The "Hump" bother's me, not an iota, In fact, I find it a better-looking gun than an 1100. To me, I find the A5 in a Sweet 16 the best balanced & quickest pointing of any single barrel repeater I have ever handled, of course I have not handled a lot of the newer ones on the market.

Do ( shoot one "NO". Why, I detest the double shuffle of that recoiling barrel whipping around like a snake in the grass. I shoot a SxS double.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com