doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Stoneke Advice on C&H Konor and Westley Richards - 01/09/20 01:13 AM
Contemplating the purchase of a sxs for Sporting Clays. I presently shoot a Grant Side Lever Hammer gun for fun style matches - no money or trophies. Looking at a couple of options to acquire another suitable hammerless to give the Grant some rest. A pristine Cogswell & Harrison Konor (mid 50's) or a 1903 Westley Richards mid grade, quality restocked. Both are mid 7 pounds and similar choking. Probably refit with Briley Thin Walls. Any sense of quality/choice on these. Leaning to the Konor. Thanks.
Posted By: mark Re: Advice on C&H Konor and Westley Richards - 01/09/20 03:31 AM
Buy the one that fits the best!
Buy them both if they are £7 . Thet cost hundreds here in the UK
Originally Posted By: salopian
Buy them both if they are £7 . Thet cost hundreds here in the UK

laugh. Pretty sure the OP means they weigh around 7 pounds, not cost 7 pounds.
Posted By: PALUNC Re: Advice on C&H Konor and Westley Richards - 01/09/20 12:39 PM
I would consider the WR. I also have a Grant sidelever hammer gun listed for sale that is a great clays gun.
Posted By: Nitrah Re: Advice on C&H Konor and Westley Richards - 01/09/20 02:12 PM
can I ask where your Grant sidelever for sale is listed?
Let's see the Grant!!!

For sale?

OWD
I like my Cogswell & Harrison. Mine is an older side plate with scroll, but the Konors look great to me...Geo
Posted By: PALUNC Re: Advice on C&H Konor and Westley Richards - 01/09/20 07:59 PM
Presently it is listed on GI. It is set to expire soon.
Posted By: PALUNC Re: Advice on C&H Konor and Westley Richards - 01/09/20 08:02 PM
oops, it has expired. I can send a photo by email if someone wants and can post.
Posted By: Nitrah Re: Advice on C&H Konor and Westley Richards - 01/09/20 09:07 PM
I would be interested, please email at jmnitrah@gmail.com
Posted By: Argo44 Re: Advice on C&H Konor and Westley Richards - 01/10/20 01:03 AM
Why not post the Grant on "'guns for sale" on this board. It sounds like there's interest.
Posted By: PALUNC Re: Advice on C&H Konor and Westley Richards - 01/10/20 01:15 PM
For those that are interested I now have it re-listed on GI.
It is 101306211, under Hammer Guns
Let me know what you guys think.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com