doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: langley SKB and Dickinson - 01/31/20 12:22 AM
Hi,

Been looking lately at 28 gauge sxs's, really liking the SKB Model 200 and the Dickinson Estate because both are available with P.O.W. stocks and beavertail fore-ends. Have already talked with Dickinson Arms, the Estate will cost a little more than the SKB because its a made-to-order gun if you want anything other than straight grip/splinter fore-end (this configuration is an absolute no-go for me); the SKB comes with the P.O.W./beavertail. The guns actually look much the same, does anyone have any experience with these, and any advice/opinions of them? Thanks.
Posted By: ithaca1 Re: SKB and Dickinson - 01/31/20 12:25 AM
I believe the Dickinson can be had with either ST or DT's and the SKB is ST only. I have 2 Dickinsons and love them. A 28 and a 16.
Hope this helps.
ithaca1
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: SKB and Dickinson - 01/31/20 01:25 AM
Except for the triggers being heavier than I like my Dickinson has been flawless for several years now.

SRH
Posted By: L. Brown Re: SKB and Dickinson - 01/31/20 12:18 PM
Thought I heard that SKB wouldn't be importing any more Turkish doubles. If that's the case, prices may well drop. I've never shot a Turkish SKB, but I've tried the trigger on a few with snap caps. Didn't find any with heavy pulls.
Posted By: PALUNC Re: SKB and Dickinson - 01/31/20 01:25 PM
My local gun club carries the SKB. I have been thinking of buying the 410 version. I prefer the low luster finish on the SKB.
I would prefer the double trigger over the single though but for the money it is a very nice looking gun. A guy that shoots with our group recently bought one of the 410's. After he got used to it shooting that day he shot and broke clays consistently.
I would love to have one for dove and clays.
Posted By: Bill Davis Re: SKB and Dickinson - 01/31/20 01:36 PM
Either gun is an excellent value and they seem to have addressed the heavy trigger pull issue which was not uncommon on earlier guns. There is no other reasonable option, if you want a small frame, small bore, long barrel SxS!
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com