doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Imperdix Arrieta now ? - 02/02/20 07:00 PM
Does anyone know what happened to the Arrieta business and what,if anything ,continued after their problems......
Posted By: Wild Skies Re: Arrieta now ? - 02/02/20 08:52 PM
Here's a link to an article in SHOOTING SPORTSMAN MAGAZINE written by Ed Carrol that may shed some info. There remains to this day some new unsold Arrietas still available from a few dealers in the USA -- not sure about the UK.
https://shootingsportsman.com/arrieta-ceases-production/
Posted By: Imperdix Re: Arrieta now ? - 02/02/20 09:03 PM
Thanks for the link! I had already read that and all the other info at the time but just wondered if they kept producing at some level as was inferred at the time of the insolvency etc.A shame if both they and Arrizabalaga have been lost !
Thanks again.
Posted By: arrieta2 Re: Arrieta now ? - 02/03/20 02:14 PM
As you know they have seen closed for sometime now. About a year ago I received an email from a man in Spain that he now was the owner of Arrieta. He was redoing the company, making changes. He was going to keep me informed of the progress. I replied.

After not hearing anything for many months I sent him an email, no reply from him.

About two months ago I sent another email to him and no response.

John Boyd
Posted By: Imperdix Re: Arrieta now ? - 02/03/20 03:33 PM
John,thanks for your reply and info! Much as I suspected ,but only asked as I was told by a dealer a few weeks ago that Arrieta were still making guns.......duff info obviously!!!
They made some very good guns.
Posted By: Lloyd3 Re: Arrieta now ? - 02/04/20 10:48 PM
Hard to hear this. My New England Arms 557 was my first foray into the world of better guns. Damn shame.
Posted By: Ted Schefelbein Re: Arrieta now ? - 02/05/20 02:02 AM
Who is left building good double guns in Spain?

Must be a short list, by now.

Best,
Ted
Posted By: Lloyd3 Re: Arrieta now ? - 02/05/20 02:04 AM
Armas Garbi, AYA, Grulla, any others?
Posted By: Remington40x Re: Arrieta now ? - 02/05/20 02:30 AM
I have an Arrieta Model 578 16 gauge that I shoot about as well as any gun I own. A buddy has a Model 871 two barrel set, also in 16 gauge, that's as attractive a gun as any I could wish for. They made nice guns and I'm sorry to see them gone.
Posted By: arrieta2 Re: Arrieta now ? - 02/05/20 03:10 PM
I think Garbi will be the next to go

JOhn
Posted By: Imperdix Re: Arrieta now ? - 02/05/20 05:41 PM
Very sad,it`s like watching the demise of the British trade all over again......
Posted By: Kyrie Re: Arrieta now ? - 02/05/20 06:11 PM
Originally Posted By: Lloyd3
Armas Garbi, AYA, Grulla, any others?

Zubillaga, Larm, Armas Parkemy (last I heard they were just doing repair work), Ugartechea is said to back. Could be a couple of dozen small, local, makers that don't export.
Posted By: bushveld Re: Arrieta now ? - 02/05/20 08:19 PM
What percentage of gun buyers under 60 years of age will buy a SxS shotgun this year, or even next year? There is where the answer lies.
Posted By: Imperdix Re: Arrieta now ? - 05/06/20 11:00 AM
Originally Posted By: arrieta2
I think Garbi will be the next to go

JOhn

Looks like the Garbi website is down,hope your prediction hasn`t materialised! May just be down for Covid reasons hopefully.
Posted By: Run With The Fox Re: Arrieta now ? - 05/06/20 01:08 PM
Juan, quizas el hombre estan muerto? Que lastima-- El Zorro
Posted By: eightbore Re: Arrieta now ? - 05/06/20 03:42 PM
New England Custom Guns has a few AYA guns in stock.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com