doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: JNW Tunnel of Trees 2020? - 02/06/20 11:01 PM
Anyone know if the Tunnel of Trees SXS shoot will be held this coming September? I have emailed the club but have not heard back. I think they may all be hibernating up there. I need to plan my time off waaaay in advance.
Thanks,
Jeff
Posted By: Shotgunjones Re: Tunnel of Trees 2020? - 02/06/20 11:44 PM
They will have the shoot.

I'm not certain they've finalized a date.

They are open Sunday unless the weather is such that it's dangerous to drive.

Suggest you call them on Sunday about noon. Number on the website.
Posted By: Karl Graebner Re: Tunnel of Trees 2020? - 02/07/20 12:05 AM
JNW,
For the last 3 years that I've attended, it's been on the weekend following Labor Day.
Karl
Posted By: Tim Wolf Re: Tunnel of Trees 2020? - 02/08/20 03:37 AM
Hi Jeff

Hope you can make it this year. They are still working out some shoot details but the dates are set. Below from their web site.
================================

The 5th annual Tunnel Of Trees Side X Side event is scheduled for September 11th-13th, 2020. More detailed information will become available in mid January. Early registration is encouraged. The number of registered shooters will be capped. The Friday games are open to non-registered participants with any type of shotgun.

https://emmetcountysportsmensclub.com/
Posted By: mark Re: Tunnel of Trees 2020? - 02/08/20 04:14 AM
Well run shoot. tough time of year for me but I will try get there again!
Posted By: JNW Re: Tunnel of Trees 2020? - 02/08/20 09:19 PM
Thanks Tim!
My Kung Foo must be weak because I couldn’t find any info with a brief search. Planning on making it this year:) I have a new hip so I’m dangerous again.
Jeff
Posted By: ClapperZapper Re: Tunnel of Trees 2020? - 02/08/20 11:05 PM
Jeff, if you want to ride in my rig (turnabout is fair play) to save hauling a trailer, just stay in touch.

I plan to be there this year.
Posted By: Tim Wolf Re: Tunnel of Trees 2020? - 02/09/20 11:45 AM
Jeff. Took me 3 times thru to find the dates. Am sure they will have the Tunnel of Trees link updated soon.

Good to hear your hip surgery went well. Hope that 30 inch Browning BSS is still working well for you?
Posted By: JNW Re: Tunnel of Trees 2020? - 02/09/20 08:30 PM
CZ - I may take you up on that. I like bringing my own cart but that's a LONG way to pull it.

Tim - Gun works great! However, I have shoulder issues now as well and am looking at installing a recoil reducer on it. It will be very unattractive, especially compared to my Fox or LC, but it will let me shoot. I'm shooting an A400 with the KickOff almost exclusively so I'm pretty much over only shooting beautiful guns! As they say, "getting old is not for sissies".
Jeff
Posted By: Tim Wolf Re: Tunnel of Trees 2020? - 02/13/20 11:16 PM
Nothing wrong with Beretta Auto Loaders. I have two. Also like those 7/8 oz and 3/4 oz 12 gauge loads these days in my SxSs.

Safe travels. I think you will enjoy the shoot.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com