doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: hammersleyfork L C Smith Grade3 Skeleton Butt - 02/17/20 10:23 PM
Purchased a nice LC today with a skeleton butt. I've never seen one on an LC. Has anyone?
Posted By: skeettx Re: L C Smith Grade3 Skeleton Butt - 02/17/20 10:46 PM
Pictures??

The L.C. Smith Collectors Association
[ Post a Response | The L.C. Smith Collectors Association ]

Re: skeleton butt plate

Posted by Tom Archer on July 12, 2019, 3:00 pm, in reply to "skeleton butt plate"

The Skeleton Butt was an option available on virtually all grades of the Smith gun on customer request throughout the lifetime of the gun works.
As proof I offer a cost schedule from the Hunter Arms engraving department dated 9/19/41 and prepared by Albert Kraus that I stumbled upon in my old files today. Mr. Kraus breaks his cost schedule into two categories; OLD Style and NEW style. The Old Style listed skeleton butts as available in Grades 1 thru A-4 (yes, the A-4 Grade) at an engraving cost of .15 cents for the Grade 1 up to $8 for the A-4 Grade (the A-3 was $3). The New style covered the Ideal Grade thru the Deluxe Grade with engraving shop costs for the Ideal at .15 cents and the Deluxe at $8. And so there is no confusion these quotes represented the engraving shop costs only; this was not the price the company charged the customer to include this option.

https://members.boardhost.com/lcsmith/msg/1562961651.html
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com