doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Lloyd3 Getting out for a bit - 04/03/20 05:48 PM
Don't know who gets more stir-crazy these days, me or the dog. Snowed here last night but was very nice here Wednesday. Pike's Peak, viewed from our dogpark.

Posted By: old colonel Re: Getting out for a bit - 04/03/20 06:28 PM
Went out for a long drive in the sleet and almost snow here today.

Let the old setter dash around a bit.
Posted By: Lloyd3 Re: Getting out for a bit - 04/03/20 06:33 PM
This was the day before the lockdown here. No dog, flyrod instead.

Posted By: craigd Re: Getting out for a bit - 04/03/20 06:51 PM
Good for you Lloyd, for taking the pictures. I very rarely think to get them. Nice scenery.
Posted By: Lloyd3 Re: Getting out for a bit - 04/03/20 06:56 PM
Cellphone cameras make it just too-easy not to.
Posted By: canvasback Re: Getting out for a bit - 04/03/20 07:30 PM
Originally Posted By: craigd
Good for you Lloyd, for taking the pictures. I very rarely think to get them. Nice scenery.

This is my problem too. Great views and camera remains in pocket. Next day = Doh!
Posted By: Argo44 Re: Getting out for a bit - 04/04/20 03:27 AM
Lloyd, about 45 years ago my French wife was in Colorado Springs for an Air Force academy graduation. She talked about it for years.

Then about 10 years ago we drove across country winding through the National treasures from Seattle ... We came over the Rockies on route 24 then cut up to I-75. The next day we stopped at a diner in E Colorado at Flagler for coffee. The owner had just opened the diner. He had run 7 IHOP's in the mid-west and finally decided to open his own place....everything was made there. It was just getting started. The food was amazing. He was intense and Flager was just an interesting Prairie place with a play-house theater, etc.

There was a pink Cadillac being mounted on a tower. Owner spent 45 minutes with us. Wife bought a pink Cadillac model which is still with us. Do you know the place?

Posted By: Lloyd3 Re: Getting out for a bit - 04/04/20 04:49 AM
I don't, sadly. According to TripAdvisor it's still there and still a good place to stop.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com