doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: cable nice pigeon gun coming up at auction - 04/14/20 10:07 PM
https://www.proxibid.com/Very-Rare-Parker-Brothers-AHE-Grade-7-Pigeon-Gun/lotInformation/53639362
Nice Paaarkaa- reminds me of the one my late Grand-dad shot-his had 32" Barrels, straight handed stock with Silver's pad- straight stock, as with most trap guns I might guess. No gold pg cap, as on this one. His had Peerless Steel barrels, full and extra full- 8 lbs. Not your everyday grouse gun--

But the Parker bros. did NOT have an apostrophy before the letter s on the top rib, as the ad copy for this fine old gun seems to have. If this does have Whitworth Steel barrels, there should be a seperate paired set of numbers and the sheaf of wheat stamp on the barrel flats area- not seen when gin is assembled. Wonder what it will fetch?? RWTF
Posted By: canvasback Re: nice pigeon gun coming up at auction - 04/15/20 12:41 PM
Lots of other things to do with $30-$50K in the double gun world than buy this.
Agree-- the days of big bucks for high grade doubles may be over- Limited usage for such guns except for the multi-buck gents for whom the stock market plunges are nothing more than a beer fhart in a Mach 4 wind tunnel-- Glad I sold Grandda's years ago- with the help of old friend, now gone, Brad Bachelder-- grandkids will have a solid college trust fund, if there any colleges open 8-10 years from now-- RW
I see a fake B/A in the same auction. It's a nice piece of work but it is a fake.

bill
Always open to learning Bill- what is a B/A and where in the listings is it- Is it possible that the Grade 7 (AHE) is a 'redone up-grade?" If so, what clues tell you this, pls?? RWTF
B/A .......... back action, possibly.

SRH
The gun is described on proxibid as a B grade 16 upgraded to an A by skilled smiths and references lazer welding being visable on the water tabel. This morning the bid was 5K I would bet that an untouched BH 16 would easly bring 5 K but a clever upgrade. To give the site credit they called the gun a B/A . I am sure this was an attempt to try not to decieve. Any DA would know that there were no BA Parkers from the factory.

bill
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com