doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: RARiddell Decisions Decisions what would you do? - 05/12/20 07:08 PM
So the Westley actioned Hollis is coming along pretty good. I’m on the fence for the next step and was curious what would you do? A part of me wants to leave it but...
so would you leave the plate or replace with a Silvers?
Leave it.
+1
Posted By: battle Re: Decisions Decisions what would you do? - 05/12/20 07:29 PM
Lets see how the wood turned out? I remember the thread discussion about being a Westley Richards and I hollis.
Posted By: RARiddell Re: Decisions Decisions what would you do? - 05/12/20 07:40 PM
The barrels are out getting refinished with the chambers browned, next will be recheckering. But this is where it’s at right now.

Unless the LOP is short, I would leave it.
Posted By: Dan S. W. Re: Decisions Decisions what would you do? - 05/12/20 07:51 PM
Originally Posted By: canvasback

Exactly what I was about to type.
Originally Posted By: canvasback

Me too.

Best,
Ted
Posted By: ROMAC Re: Decisions Decisions what would you do? - 05/12/20 08:24 PM
Ditto X's 3
I would leave the buttplate also. That grip is going to be a real test to re-checker...
JR
Posted By: ithaca1 Re: Decisions Decisions what would you do? - 05/12/20 09:03 PM
Leave it if the LOP is good!
Posted By: RARiddell Re: Decisions Decisions what would you do? - 05/12/20 09:09 PM
So it stays! I would have had to cut it.
Yeaaaaaaa great game plan
Posted By: skeettx Re: Decisions Decisions what would you do? - 05/12/20 09:35 PM
Leave the buttplate if the gun will be usable by you
Posted By: 67galaxie Re: Decisions Decisions what would you do? - 05/12/20 09:38 PM
Leave it if it fits you
Originally Posted By: RARiddell
So it stays! I would have had to cut it.

Great !

The new Silvers would have stood out like a sore thumb on that gun.

Posted By: DAM16SXS Re: Decisions Decisions what would you do? - 05/20/20 01:41 AM
If you must put a pad on it a gun of that quality deserves a dark leather-covered pad, but save the original butt plate to stay with the gun when you move it along.

P.S. I would add a pad only if I needed additional length or if the butt or butt plate had been compromised in some way.
I feel exactly the same way. My only gun with a pad wears it with leather which I feel is a far more elegant look.
I understand that "pretty is as pretty does", but it might as well look good doing it!
Karl
Posted By: Imperdix Re: Decisions Decisions what would you do? - 05/20/20 08:22 AM
Is the chequering flat topped?
Posted By: dogon Re: Decisions Decisions what would you do? - 05/20/20 01:56 PM
Leave the plate, the red rubber eraser would detract from the looks of the gun.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com