doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: ed good about keet 2 - 05/16/20 10:32 PM
one of the great things about this forum, is that much is tolerated here...even, keet, you an of course me...most of the time...

if you dont like us...you have the ignore feature option...

an if dat aint good nough fur ya fragile ego, den don let duh doe hit yo ass on duh way out.
Posted By: BrentD, Prof Re: about keet 2 - 05/16/20 11:09 PM
Protection mode for "keet" is running hard today.
Posted By: RARiddell Re: about keet 2 - 05/17/20 12:24 AM
Not really, you moes pull the same shit Keith does, But then cry about what he did even though your behavior reflects the same, one difference, Keith actually contributes and is willing to share his experiences.
Posted By: BrentD, Prof Re: about keet 2 - 05/17/20 12:27 AM
Originally Posted By: RARiddell
Not really, you moes pull the same shit Keith does, But then cry about what he did even though your behavior reflects the same, one difference, Keith actually contributes and is willing to share his experiences.

Yes really. We all contribute here, me included. You really ought to get out more.
Posted By: Run With The Fox Re: about keet 2 - 05/17/20 02:06 PM
Eddie- A "Buck" deer hitting you in the ass as you exit through the door would have to hurt you more than a doe deer could--A 8 point buck deer might get an antler point imbedded in your arse, doubtful a doe deer could-- just sayin' RWTF
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: about keet 2 - 05/17/20 03:37 PM
You know it gets old wasting your time replying here only to have your post removed (or the thread locked) because of some whiny liberal trying to control the narrative.

There used to be a good group of guys on here...now this board has been taken over by a bunch of liberal whiny bass'turds.

I'm with one of them liberals Brent....

NEVER ANOTHER DIME TO DAVE as long as he locks threads and removes posts....life is to short to live under a gustafo.
Posted By: ed good Re: about keet 2 - 05/17/20 04:16 PM
foxie, not duh deer kind o doe: i mean duh doe doe, as in dat thang dat ah wo men slams in yo face when she is pissed...
Posted By: ed good Re: about keet 2 - 05/17/20 04:20 PM
jOe: there must be some order in the universe, or else we have chaos...

dave does a good job...awl hail dave...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9sd10CHAP8

Posted By: rocky mtn bill Re: about keet 2 - 05/17/20 04:44 PM
Homeless, Pardon me, but who's whining? I'll ask the question again: If Liberals are always wrong on every issue and a fat majority here are conservaturds, why complain about their posts? Why aren't you happy to see them exhibit their ignorance? Here's why: You're a bunch of paranoid cowards, fearful that any view that opposes yours is dangerous. Relax; a range of views is called freedom. No one here expects to convert you or the OG. We just want to allow you to see another POV occasionally. If that offends you, you aren't obliged to read it. After all, we put up with you.
Posted By: craigd Re: about keet 2 - 05/17/20 05:16 PM
Bill, wtf are you whining about now? Just kidding, I wanted to try it out for grins. Hmmm, I still can't understand biden mumble. How long does it take to work, you know, to convince yourself he has an answer or two? You should be proud, the nameless and faceless around him have you eating out of their hands.
Posted By: ed good Re: about keet 2 - 05/17/20 06:32 PM
it sure would be nice to have misfires back, so non doublegun topics like politics and personal attacked could be posted down there in the chess pool of diversity...
Posted By: rocky mtn bill Re: about keet 2 - 05/17/20 07:03 PM
Craig, a majority of voters find Biden's mumble preferable to Trump's corruption. A mumble (or a stutter) can be forgiven and worked around. Republicans may get elected, but they don't know how to govern.PS: Who are the nameless and faceless? I really would like to understand what you refer to here. It may be something Rush has mansplained, but I don't listen to him, so help me out here. Thanks. Bill
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: about keet 2 - 05/17/20 08:23 PM
Originally Posted By: rocky man bill
......fearful that any view that opposes yours is dangerous

I'm a conservative, bill, but I'm not concerned that your views oppose mine. What my views are is insignificant. What is troubling to me, and many other conservatives, is that the platform of the Democratic party opposes God-given rights, and flies in the face of God-mandated laws. Murder of unborn babies, paying healthy men and women not to work, promoting homosexuality and same sex "marriage", and ever increasing taxation on those who do work, to pay for it. God's word, the Holy Bible, is inerrant, irreversible and unchanging, regardless the "times".

I'm not going to get into a tit-for-tat debate with you about this. I think I know how you stand on these issues from your many political posts here. But, you should accept, and admit, that God's laws are what this, and many other nation's, foundations were built upon. And, IMO, the reason for so much of our troubles now is that "we" have turned out backs on His Word, as a nation and as individuals. And the liberals and the progressives are carrying the banner for it. All Republicans are not God-fearing people, by any stretch. But, to support a party that openly works to overthrow every vestige of Christianity, and persecute those who are known by that name, is to sanction it.

You are known by the company you keep. I'll stick with my company, for now.

SRH
Posted By: Ted Schefelbein Re: about keet 2 - 05/17/20 08:26 PM
Originally Posted By: Stan
Originally Posted By: rocky man bill
......fearful that any view that opposes yours is dangerous

I'm a conservative, bill, but I'm not concerned that your views oppose mine. What my views are is insignificant. What is troubling to me, and many other conservatives, is that the platform of the Democratic party opposes God-given rights, and flies in the face of God-mandated laws. Murder of unborn babies, paying healthy men and women not to work, promoting homosexuality and same sex "marriage", and ever increasing taxation on those who do work, to pay for it. God's word, the Holy Bible, is inerrant, irreversible and unchanging, regardless the "times".

Im not going to get into a tit-for-tat debate with you about this. I think I know how you stand on these issues from your many political posts here. But, you should accept, and admit, that God's laws are what this, and many other nation's, foundations were built upon. And, IMO, the reason for so much of our troubles now is that "we" have turned out backs on His Word, as a nation and as individuals. And the liberals and the progressives are carrying the banner for it. All Republicans are not God-fearing people, by any stretch. But, to support a party that openly works to overthrow every vestige of Christianity, and persecute those who are known by that name, is to sanction it.

SRH

Stan,

Amen.

Best,
Ted
Posted By: RARiddell Re: about keet 2 - 05/17/20 08:31 PM
Ditto Stan!
Posted By: craigd Re: about keet 2 - 05/17/20 08:43 PM
Originally Posted By: rocky mtn bill
Craig, a majority of voters find Biden's mumble preferable....

....A mumble (or a stutter) can be forgiven and worked around....

....Who are the nameless and faceless? I really would like to understand what you refer to here....

Hey Bill, this buzz about biden having a stutter is a new talking point. Yes, I fully understand that this new talking point is being back dated to cover the last forty years, but all you have to ask yourself is where in the Rocky Mountains have you been hearing that biden has a stutter.

The hypocrisy is that if there's such a thing as a conservaturd, then biden is not a libtard. He has a medical excuse, the libtards are the ones who drink the stutter koolaide. If you're so easily fooled with the stutter story, think of the possibilities, eh?

If you really believe your majority story, then as a liberal, you should be fighting for the minority, but you aren't a lib, huh? That doesn't move the needle quick enough, eh?

[yes, this helped] [no, but thanks] [ef no, go fly a kite]

Please check one, just kidding Bill, it's gotta be nice enough by you to do a little grilling later, right?
Posted By: rocky mtn bill Re: about keet 2 - 05/17/20 09:49 PM
Craig, It IS nice enough to do some grilling. The venison steaks are thawed and ready to go. Why do you doubt the stutter? It's well documented and not a new "talking point" at all. But then you'd need to consider a new source. Lord knows how scary that might turn out to be. Again: who are your "nameless, faceless" and what is your point there?
Posted By: craigd Re: about keet 2 - 05/18/20 01:13 AM
Craig, It IS nice enough to do some grilling. The venison steaks are thawed and ready to go. Why do you doubt the stutter?....

Bill, go back to the days of corrupt joe and watch some video. Listen to his crystal clear voice saying barak is bright and clean, or how you can't go into a 7-11 or donut shop without having a slight indian accent. barry parlayed that slick forked tongue into a wh twofer. In appreciation, joe was allowed to perp walk his son off of air force 2 in the ukraine, and accidentally cook up multimillion dollar deals. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but did hunter accompany joe on a 'diplomatic' trip to bayjing in '13, or was that for free shipping on the loot from an obscene investment fund commission, hmmmm.

Here's hoping you didn't over cook those steaks, and I hope you have some left overs for eggs and venison strips in the morning. That ain't no stutter Bill, it's the sound of hypocrisy.
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: about keet 2 - 05/18/20 02:56 AM
I’m not sure which is worse. Politics & religion or hockey & golf.

Posted By: BrentD, Prof Re: about keet 2 - 05/18/20 02:58 AM
Politics and religion every time.
Posted By: rocky mtn bill Re: about keet 2 - 05/18/20 07:32 PM
Stan, as a liberal Democrat, I hold no hostility to your beliefs. In our country, you are welcome to them and protected in your right to promote them. I happen not to share many of them, and that is my right too. I'm a firm believer in the separation of church and state. If you have a quarrel with that doctrine, then you ought to say so. If the democratic platform doesn't suit you, you're a Republican. But if the outcome of an election doesn't go your way, that's too bad. This is not theocracy.
Posted By: Tim in PA Re: about keet 2 - 05/18/20 07:45 PM
if you lose the election too bad, unless you're a democrat. Then you do everything you can to overturn it, like congress and the last administration has done and been doing. Just don't expect to hear anything about that on NPR.
Posted By: canvasback Re: about keet 2 - 05/18/20 07:51 PM
Bill, you realize that the outcome of your last election didn’t go the Democrats way and they have done everything imaginable to overturn the result.

That’s the thing. Everyone wins some elections and loses others. When you lose, you regroup and try to win the next one.

But that’s not what happened in the aftermath of Trump’s election and that is one of the main things that sticks in the craw of so many of his supporters. A refusal to accept it. Which gives them licence, in their minds, to try every trick conceivable to overturn the result.
Posted By: Tim in PA Re: about keet 2 - 05/18/20 07:55 PM
The separation of church and state isn't what you think it is. A bill was passed, I believe in 1793, authorizing the printing, purchase, and distribution of Bibles. The people that created this nation were involved in that, if there was a wall, they didn't build it.

This country was created as a Christian nation, what the founding fathers didn't want, was an "official" state religion - Protestant, Methodist, Episcopal, whatever - that could be used as a weapon against competing sects, the way things worked in Europe.
Posted By: Drew Hause Re: about keet 2 - 05/18/20 08:02 PM
Politics AND religion - LR's favs smile
https://sites.google.com/site/anotherdaysjourneybackhome/pray-for-america

George Washington's Letter to the Touro Synagogue of Newport, Rhode Island, 1790
“The Citizens of the United States of America have a right to applaud themselves for giving to Mankind examples of an enlarged and liberal policy: a policy worthy of imitation. All possess alike liberty of conscience and immunities of citizenship. It is now no more that toleration is spoken of, as if it was by the indulgence of one class of people that another enjoyed the exercise of their inherent natural rights. For happily the Government of the United States, which gives to bigotry no sanction, to persecution no assistance, requires only that they who live under its protection, should demean themselves as good citizens.”

"The Wall of Separation", Thomas Jefferson's letter to the Danbury Baptists, Jan 1, 1802
https://www.loc.gov/loc/lcib/9806/danpost.html
Believing with you that religion is a matter which lies solely between man & his god, that he owes account to none other for his faith or his worship, that the legitimate powers of government reach actions only and not opinions, I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should "make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;" thus building a wall of eternal separation between Church & State.

http://www.christianity.com/church/churc...n-11630340.html

The inspired brilliance of the Founders was in:
1. Protecting individual exercise of religion from the state
2. Protecting the state from a theocracy
3. Protecting the minority from the tyranny of the majority
They would have been astounded at the idea that our Nation was not established under Judeo/Christian principles and that religion should have no voice/influence in affairs of the state however.

Maybe THIS will get this stinkin' thread deleted! wink
Posted By: BrentD, Prof Re: about keet 2 - 05/18/20 08:08 PM
Originally Posted By: Stan

SRH

A telling statement for a man that keeps one such a Keith as company.

As always, this will be "will be "filed" for future reference".
Posted By: rocky mtn bill Re: about keet 2 - 05/18/20 08:12 PM
Tim, I don't know who may have questioned the outcome of Trump's election. I certainly did not, no matter how much I disliked it. One of the things I disliked about it was his claim in advance that if he lost, it was due to a rigged outcome. He'll do that again before he loses. CB, Please name one, one thing done to overturn Trump's election. All I can come up with is publicizing the fact that he lost the popular vote by some 3 million which fact doesn't question his win. Lots of folks today doubt the wisdom of our electoral college, but while it's in effect, only a fool could question its decision. I do think it's far past time to do away with it. You would too if it undid one of your party's wins.
Posted By: KY Jon Re: about keet 2 - 05/18/20 08:23 PM
I have known Joe Biden personally for almost 40 years. Joe most likely can’t remember my name but that group is very large these days.

As a funny aside I was riding with a friend in his helicopter which he was hovering about 75’ off Trumps front door in His Florida oceanfront house. Security, private back then, was there when Trump came out and gave my friend the middle finger for being a asshxxx and messing up his hair. Both men were from NY and had known each other for years. Not friends but not enemies either. John was just letting Trump know he was staying at his house next door and that the girls ought not to forget their tops when sunbathing.

No you might think getting the finger from Trump, even second handed, would bug me. It does not at all. As I said my friend was being a asshxxx. So when it comes down to voting I will gladly vote for Trump. Not stumbling, bumbling, old school give me a deal for your favor Joe. Joe was too happy to accept favors 40 years ago for my taste. He is only smarter at it now.
Posted By: rocky mtn bill Re: about keet 2 - 05/18/20 08:29 PM
Craig, Once more, who are the nameless, faceless? You get on a tear and nothing you say makes as much sense as a Trump news conference. Neither of you ever goes back and tries to make clear the incomprehensible things you say. You just keep saying nonsense, which in your party is perfectly acceptable.
Posted By: Tim in PA Re: about keet 2 - 05/18/20 08:41 PM
Democrats in congress have been saying his win is illegitimate from the beginning, just like they wanted an impeachment from the beginning. You don't think that sham impeachment wasn't an attempt to overturn the election. Are you going to say rogue dirtbags in the FBI and DOJ didn't want to overturn the election? Yeah, I know, if it wasn't on NPR it didn't happen.
Posted By: canvasback Re: about keet 2 - 05/18/20 08:50 PM
Bill, Tim in PA has quickly answered your question to me regarding efforts to depose Trump. It has been non stop de-legitimizing of Trump as President in the MSM since the day he won the election. It has been the defining nature of news broadcasts for close to 4 years now.

I can only assume you are being disingenuous when you profess not to be aware of what I am referring to. That's hardly a productive way to carry on a civil conversation with those who don't share our particular views.
Posted By: rocky mtn bill Re: about keet 2 - 05/18/20 09:11 PM
CB, I respect your sincerity and your lucid style of expression. However, you and other Trumpers might give passing thought to the theoretical possibility that resistance to him might have some connection to his incompetence and venality. Responsible journalism doesn't hesitate to bash Democrats when they screw up. They bash Trump because screw up is his MO. The alt-news doesn't do this because the folks that hold their purse strings have pledged themselves to Trump, he being on the side of oligarchy at whatever cost. In a way I don't blame him; he is just doing what comes naturally to him, but he is being ridden by those who ought to know better, including people as smart and educated as you. PS: Tim, you can call the impeachment a sham, but I heard all the testimony, live. It's beyond question Trump did what he was accused of. The partisan vote merely said it doesn't matter. It mattered to some prominent Republicans, but not to many, alas.
Posted By: SKB Re: about keet 2 - 05/18/20 09:20 PM
a few quick points before this one gets locked:

First off Frank, not to worry worry. I have just donated to Dave in your name. I know how strongly you feel about a free country and all and a bit of moderating by Dave is most welcome I feel.

Also Frank, that would be the Gestapo you are afraid of living under not the Gustafo, that would be an individual's name.

My last point is simply, serenity now gentlemen wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LW_s6EqOxqY
Posted By: Goillini Re: about keet 2 - 05/18/20 09:25 PM
It seems a bit odd to say in the first line of your post that you don't question the outcome of the election and then in the last line say that the electoral college undid your party's "win".

The reason that Democrats don't like the electoral college isn't because of some noble idea of one person, one vote. It is simply that they think they will have a better chance of winning elections by doing away with it.

And it is not just election laws that Democrats want to change in order to make it easier for them to win. They have also put forward the notion that, if they do win the White House, they should expand the membership of the Supreme Court and pack it with leftists.

Rather than all this chicanery, how about just putting forth some ideas and policies that appeal to more of us rubes who live in fly over land? But that is not the modern Democratic party. They firmly believe they are the intellectual and moral superiors of anyone who doesn't think the way the Dems tell them to think. In their world, they are our betters and they have the obligation to rule us for our own good.
Posted By: canvasback Re: about keet 2 - 05/18/20 09:26 PM
Bill, I DO giving passing thought that resistance to him from some may be based on a perception of incompetence and venality. That is typical among opponents to any successful candidate.

I myself have an unshakeable belief in the incompetence and venality of our Prime Minister, Justin Trudeau. My response, however, has not been to marshal the combined forces of all MSM in Canada to denigrate him and his cronies at every opportunity while at the same time, scouring arcane constitutional law looking for ways to remove him from office. I work with the opposition party to try to set up a win in the next election.

Just take a look at the way Biden has been treated on the sexual assault charge and compare it to how Supreme Court nominee Cavanaugh was treated by the press and the FBI. Even in the current climate, the difference is shocking. And that is a comparable case and there is an objective, measurable difference.
Posted By: canvasback Re: about keet 2 - 05/18/20 09:30 PM
Originally Posted By: SKB
a few quick points before this one gets locked:

First off Frank, not to worry worry. I have just donated to Dave in your name. I know how strongly you feel about a free country and all and a bit of moderating by Dave is most welcome I feel.

Also Frank, that would be the Gestapo you are afraid of living under not the Gustafo, that would be an individual's name.

Steve, I don't even need to watch it to know that it will be a sublime clip of Costanza pere making life difficult for all. Hahaha!
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: about keet 2 - 05/18/20 09:38 PM
Originally Posted By: SKB

https://youtu.be/MJVIX-4OyT0

Posted By: lonesome roads Re: about keet 2 - 05/18/20 09:47 PM
PS

Hi, Drew. Dang ol’ Gurnall is looking good compared to whatever this is.

Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: about keet 2 - 05/18/20 09:49 PM
Originally Posted By: BrentD
As always, this will be "will be "filed" for future reference".

Glad you saw that my way of doing things was so attractive that you adopted it. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, you know.

If you can just get past the freeloading mentality, there may be hope for you yet. I have hope for you.

SRH
Posted By: Drew Hause Re: about keet 2 - 05/18/20 09:56 PM
Here 'ya go LR; encouraging words for those still under quarantine. Sun is shining and wind blowing in AZ smile

William Gurnall, "The Christian in Complete Armour"
Christ takes no more delight to dwell in a sad uncheerful heart, than we in a dark melancholy house. Open thy (shutters) therefore, and let in the light which sheds its beams upon thee from the promise. We do not entertain our friends in a dark room, or sit by those that visit us, mopish and melancholic, lest they should think we are weary of their company. Christ brings such good news with him, as may bespeak better welcome with thee than a dejected countenance and a disconsolate spirit. Blush then, and be ashamed, O ye drooping saints! that a few thin clouds of some short afflictions, coming over your heads, should so wrap you up in the darkness of your spirits, as that the hope of heaven, whither you look at last to come, should not be able, in a moment, to dispel and turn your sorrow into a ravishment of joy and comfort.

Posted By: rocky mtn bill Re: about keet 2 - 05/18/20 09:59 PM
Goillini, You got me wrong. I don't question the outcome under present law. I do want the law changed; I can't see why the popular vote is OK for every office in the land other than president. I understand the original intent. I just don't think it makes sense today. CB, I swear I never marshalled those forces, and I truly doubt you could either.
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: about keet 2 - 05/18/20 10:13 PM
Originally Posted By: Drew Hause
Here 'ya go LR; encouraging words for those still under quarantine. Sun is shining and wind blowing in AZ smile

William Gurnall, "The Christian in Complete Armour"
Christ takes no more delight to dwell in a sad uncheerful heart, than we in a dark melancholy house. Open thy (shutters) therefore, and let in the light which sheds its beams upon thee from the promise. We do not entertain our friends in a dark room, or sit by those that visit us, mopish and melancholic, lest they should think we are weary of their company. Christ brings such good news with him, as may bespeak better welcome with thee than a dejected countenance and a disconsolate spirit. Blush then, and be ashamed, O ye drooping saints! that a few thin clouds of some short afflictions, coming over your heads, should so wrap you up in the darkness of your spirits, as that the hope of heaven, whither you look at last to come, should not be able, in a moment, to dispel and turn your sorrow into a ravishment of joy and comfort.

Gurnall is great reading. I particularly like this quote ......

"Satan is not so un¬skillful a fowler as to go with one single shot into the field; and therefore expect him, as soon as he hath discharged one and missed thee, to let fly at thee with a second."

Good stuff. SRH
Posted By: Goillini Re: about keet 2 - 05/18/20 10:15 PM
Fair enough.

I can't see why term limits are OK for President but not for Congress.
Posted By: Drew Hause Re: about keet 2 - 05/18/20 10:22 PM
Amen Bro. Stan.
Since this thread was irrelevant and unintelligible from the start, maybe we can keep adding Gurnall stuff for LR until Dave deletes it smile

We fear men so much, because we fear God so little. One fear cures another.
Posted By: RARiddell Re: about keet 2 - 05/18/20 10:24 PM
Talk about head in the sand syndrome!
Posted By: craigd Re: about keet 2 - 05/18/20 10:25 PM
....I do want the law changed; I can't see why the popular vote is OK for every office in the land other than president. I understand the original intent. I just don't think it makes sense today....

Sure it makes sense Bill, in a hypocritical way. Weren't you the all politics, all the time fellow that said Montana would always have the same number of Senators as kali? Now that's not fair, is it?
Posted By: rocky mtn bill Re: about keet 2 - 05/18/20 10:32 PM
Goillini, I don't know but suspect it has to do with the power of a president. Eight years might be enough for any one in the White House to do what he can. In Congress, eight years may be what it takes to figure out how to do anything at all. In general, term limits are a false promise. Every election is a chance for all of us to set term limits. In every other earthly enterprise, experience tends to be seen as an asset.
Posted By: rocky mtn bill Re: about keet 2 - 05/18/20 10:35 PM
Craig, Did I said that, and , if so,I'm not sure it makes sense today either. In the meantime, it's how it goes. If we here had to give one up, it would be an easy choice. PS: What about those nameless, faceless folks?
Posted By: craigd Re: about keet 2 - 05/18/20 10:37 PM
....this thread was irrelevant and unintelligible from the start....

Amen Doc Drew, but that type of brush off doesn't make the anti Christianity agenda go away. Depending on the state it gets cast in, I'd bet Gurnall's vote would actually be counted, but from a revisionist point of view.
Posted By: rocky mtn bill Re: about keet 2 - 05/18/20 10:51 PM
Drew, if it's pointless, why are you wasting your time on it. Go do something that matters to you Those of us posting on this topic care about it. Move on to whatever you think makes a difference.
Posted By: Drew Hause Re: about keet 2 - 05/18/20 10:57 PM
Hey LR. How're you with C.S. Lewis? "The Abolition of Man"
We make men without chests and we expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.

I said irrelevant Bill...which all of this is on a DoubleGun forum. But LR said how much he enjoys politics and religion so I just couldn't help myself smile
Posted By: rocky mtn bill Re: about keet 2 - 05/18/20 10:59 PM
Craig, Drew: Christianity is a big tent. Those who may appose some of your views could support a great many of them at the same time. One of the core tenets asks us to be unwilling to cast the stone and to love our enemies. Just saying.
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: about keet 2 - 05/18/20 11:05 PM
Since I have become part of the "greater plan" to see if this gets deleted for quotes from early Christians why not another of my favorite ones .......... by Richard Sibbes, from The Soules' Conflict With Itself, 1635

"Happy is he that in his way to heaven meeteth with a cheerful and skillful guide and fellow traveler, that carrieth cordials with him against all fainting of spirit. It is part of our wisdom to make choice of such a one as may further us in our way. Any indifference for any company shews a dead heart. Where the life of grace is, it is sensible of all advantages and disadvantages. How many have been refreshed by one short, apt, savory speech, which hath begotten, as it were, new spirits in them."

I have met several that can be described in this way during my time afield with doubleguns.
Posted By: battle Re: about keet 2 - 05/18/20 11:25 PM
TRUMP 2020...
Posted By: rocky mtn bill Re: about keet 2 - 05/18/20 11:27 PM
Drew, I think I understand and appreciate your point about " couldn't help myself." I'm there most all the time. Be well. Hopefully we'll all get through the current plague and on to happier things. Boredom doesn't seem to bring out the best in me.
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: about keet 2 - 05/18/20 11:29 PM
Stan/Drew,

All that’s inspiring and everything but when I’m standing at the Pearly Gates and they’re debating whether to let me in or not, I’m just hoping to hear...
“Well, it’s not like he’s Pol Pot or anything...”

The Gates swings open and I start strolling towards Malibu then I feel I vice like grip on my shoulder...
“Nova Scotia’s that way, bub...”

Posted By: Drew Hause Re: about keet 2 - 05/18/20 11:29 PM
Sibbes in great Stan. But he wrote c. 1630s so I need modern translations of his stuff. His The Bruised Reed and Smoking Flax has been a great comfort to me when feeling beaten up & worn out
https://sites.google.com/site/anotherdaysjourneybackhome/wounded-saints

Another of my favs, which helps set the boundaries of our tent

John Flavel "The Fountain of Life"
Would you like to test whether this or that doctrine is from the Spirit of Christ or not? Examine it by this rule: whatever doctrine you find to encourage and countenance sin, to exalt self, to be accommodating to the world's designs, and that bends to the humours and lusts of men, you may safely reject. Whatever doctrine makes those who profess it to be carnal, proud, and sensual, you may safely conclude never came from Jesus Christ. The doctrines of Christ lead to godliness; His truth sanctifies. Be sure, Christ never revealed anything that detracts from His glory, or obstructs the purpose of His own death.
Posted By: battle Re: about keet 2 - 05/18/20 11:35 PM
I think what this thread needs is a bit of color... just for you Billy

Posted By: Drew Hause Re: about keet 2 - 05/18/20 11:44 PM
The only question you'll be asked at the Gates LR:
"Do you know God as Father, Jesus as Savior, Friend and Brother, and have you been born again by the power of the the Holy Spirit?"

But they MIGHT ask YOU to spell Quispamsis over in N.B. wink
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: about keet 2 - 05/18/20 11:54 PM

But they MIGHT ask YOU to spell Quispamsis over in N.B. wink

I’m fooked.

Posted By: ed good Re: about keet 2 - 05/19/20 12:06 AM
luv dis tred...awl voices shud be herd...

it saddens me that one here is so narrow minded that he advocates for the closure of this thread, because it does not fit his agenda or purpose...
Posted By: craigd Re: about keet 2 - 05/19/20 12:07 AM
....Hopefully we'll all get through the current plague and on to happier things. Boredom doesn't seem to bring out the best in me.

Don't be so tough on yourself, no particular research on it, but I think you've used less swear words during this terble time. I think we can both agree that hunkering in a basement brings out the best in joe. I doubt any of us have enough cringe capacity to follow stutter(wink) joe on a real campaign trail, eh?
Posted By: ed good Re: about keet 2 - 05/19/20 12:10 AM
and to quote goethe:

"you can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him."

hope keet is watchin...

Posted By: Goillini Re: about keet 2 - 05/19/20 12:20 AM
Surely you see that your argument about experience and elections being the chance to set a term limit would apply equally as well to the Presidency?

Here in Illinois, Mike Madigan has been Speaker of the House for 35 of the last 37 years. He is the longest serving leader of any state or federal legislative body in the history of the United States. He is the real power in the State of Illinois. Not the Governor.

Have we benefited from his experience? Not by a long shot. Illinois is by many accounts the most corrupt and poorly run state in the Union. We have massive debt and the highest combined tax burden in the US. But Mr. Madigan gets re-elected time after time. Because he has the support of the trial lawyers and the public employee unions, which he garners by making sure the legislature doles out favors to those groups. This is the result that a lack of term limits leads to.
Posted By: 28 gauge shooter Re: about keet 2 - 05/19/20 12:45 AM
Good God! Thought this forum was about double guns!
Posted By: ed good Re: about keet 2 - 05/19/20 01:05 AM
28: shirley by now you shud have real
lized dat hit is bout much mo...
Posted By: Ted Schefelbein Re: about keet 2 - 05/19/20 01:47 AM
Originally Posted By: 28 gauge shooter
Good God! Thought this forum was about double guns!

Nope. But, where else are you going to discover Nova Scotia is equivalent to hell?

There have been cool motorcycles pictures for the past few weeks, too.

Best,
Ted

Posted By: BrentD, Prof Re: about keet 2 - 05/19/20 02:14 AM
Originally Posted By: ed good

Or much less.
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: about keet 2 - 05/19/20 02:50 AM
Originally Posted By: ed good

Or much less.

https://youtu.be/rNcMKWIuhBk

Posted By: ksauers1 Re: about keet 2 - 05/19/20 12:08 PM
[quote=rocky mtn bill]Goillini, You got me wrong. I don't question the outcome under present law. I do want the law changed; I can't see why the popular vote is OK for every office in the land other than president. I understand the original intent. I just don't think it makes sense today.

Why doesn’t it make sense today?

I for one , wouldn’t want to live in a country ruled by New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Rocky Mountain bill
Posted By: Ted Schefelbein Re: about keet 2 - 05/19/20 01:52 PM
Originally Posted By: ksauers1
[quote=rocky mtn bill]Goillini, You got me wrong. I don't question the outcome under present law. I do want the law changed; I can't see why the popular vote is OK for every office in the land other than president. I understand the original intent. I just don't think it makes sense today.

Why doesn’t it make sense today?

I for one , wouldn’t want to live in a country ruled by New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Rocky Mountain bill

“Reaching across the isle” has always meant conservatives give up their values and go along with whatever the libs have in mind. Looking at the news, it seemed the four things deemed most dangerous by the blue state govs were, freedom to assemble, freedom to peacefully protest, any first amendment rights, and anything to do with the second amendment. Hey, Craigd, did I miss any?
Something that can’t be pointed out too many times is how much better off granny was in a nursing home in a red state, like Florida, versus a blue state like MN, NY, NJ, CA, and on and on and on. Do you suppose the reds were just lucky, or, was there more at play?
If you needed an abortion, you were good to go in the locked down system, chemo, well, not so much.

Best,
Ted
Posted By: ed good Re: about keet 2 - 05/19/20 02:09 PM
hopefully, this thread will be the beginning of the new misfires...

where one may express his thoughts here about whatever...

and only limited by ones knowledge and imagination...and of course dave's tolerance...
Posted By: ed good Re: about keet 2 - 05/19/20 02:17 PM
and speaking of tolerance...where is the man? where is the head liner? where is that which this all started to be about?

we can only keep this going for so long with openers and impromptu performances...if the star does not appear soon, i fear the audience will become bored and wander back to the bar...
Posted By: craigd Re: about keet 2 - 05/19/20 02:40 PM
Originally Posted By: Ted Schefelbein
....“Reaching across the isle” has always meant conservatives give up their values and go along with whatever the libs have in mind. Looking at the news, it seemed the four things deemed most dangerous by the blue state govs were, freedom to assemble, freedom to peacefully protest, any first amendment rights, and anything to do with the second amendment. Hey, Craigd, did I miss any?....

More and more, I think the blue state govs are worried about the spigot window closing. Hypocrisy, Bill says now's the time for mob rule voting. kali has fortyish times the population of Montana, I suppose that means MT can start by diverting its public land funds for tent cities and needle programs on the left coast. They will come, if it's built without compromise.

edit to add, doesn't ed have bigger receivers to fry?
Posted By: Colonial Re: about keet 2 - 05/19/20 03:02 PM
Remember this.
In any negotiation, the first to make a concession, looses the most.
Posted By: BrentD, Prof Re: about keet 2 - 05/19/20 03:22 PM
....“Reaching across the isle” has always meant conservatives give up their values and go along with whatever the libs have in mind. Looking at the news, it seemed the four things deemed most dangerous by the blue state govs were, freedom to assemble, freedom to peacefully protest, any first amendment rights, and anything to do with the second amendment. Hey, Craigd, did I miss any?....

More and more, I think the blue state govs are worried about the spigot window closing.

I think you missed that the blue states have to keep subsidizing the red states - most especially Montana. That's the spigot that keeps on giving. When it closes, Montana and a bunch of other blue states are gonna be hurtin' units.

Originally Posted By: craigd
edit to add, doesn't ed have bigger receivers to fry?

OUCH!
Posted By: Ted Schefelbein Re: about keet 2 - 05/19/20 03:33 PM
Feel free to help me understand how California subsidizes Florida. Now, if you want to say California subsidizes México, that I understand.

Craigd, good one.

Best,
Ted
Posted By: King Brown Re: about keet 2 - 05/19/20 03:36 PM
My experience is opposite. It bears out studies that show the length of negotiations are related directly by how well the negotiators know each other. So losing and winning, each getting what they want through concessions, may depend more on trust than any opening bid.

I've been involved in negotiations with international corporations who've given their negotiators instructions that negotiators knew couldn't work, which led to rancorous and time-wasting conversations. We imposed recesses and suggested better strategies for company negotiators to take back to their bosses.

Results always most satisfactory. Our association, world-acclaimed for its social dynamics and innovation, has had a harmonious and productive relationship with the forest industry since its beginning nearly 40 years ago. No strikes, just educating industry in the pursuit of mutual worthwhile goals.
Posted By: craigd Re: about keet 2 - 05/19/20 03:42 PM

More and more, I think the blue state govs are worried about the spigot window closing.

I think you missed that the blue states have to keep subsidizing the red states - most especially Montana. That's the spigot that keeps on giving. When it closes, Montana and a bunch of other blue states are gonna be hurtin' units....

I think I get your point, but basically, some states have the carelessness to leverage a greater percent of their future than others. Ask Bill, is the entire state of Montana gonna be a hurt'in, or mostly the part that's high 24/7 and entitled to a magical direct deposit and zero copay 'health' plans.
Posted By: craigd Re: about keet 2 - 05/19/20 03:47 PM
Originally Posted By: King Brown
My experience is opposite. It bears out studies that show the length of negotiations are related directly by how well the negotiators know each other. So losing and winning, each getting what they want through concessions, may depend more on trust than any opening bid....

I trust you forget to factor in racism?

In my experience, 700x is primarily for clay target loads. I suppose depending on what upland bird one is after and moreso in the duck marsh, are there any other powder options?
Posted By: BrentD, Prof Re: about keet 2 - 05/19/20 03:50 PM
Feel free to help me understand how California subsidizes Florida. Now, if you want to say California subsidizes México, that I understand.

Craigd, good one.

Best,
Ted

Florida is about break even. California subsidizes New Mexico, Georgia of course, Montana etc. As a general rule, with a few exceptions, blue states like yours subsidize most red states. Google it.
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: about keet 2 - 05/19/20 03:59 PM
Originally Posted By: King Brown
My experience is opposite. It bears out studies that show the length of negotiations are related directly by how well the negotiators know each other. So losing and winning, each getting what they want through concessions, may depend more on trust than any opening bid.

I've been involved in negotiations with international corporations who've given their negotiators instructions that negotiators knew couldn't work, which led to rancorous and time-wasting conversations. We imposed recesses and suggested better strategies for company negotiators to take back to their bosses.

Results always most satisfactory. Our association, world-acclaimed for its social dynamics and innovation, has had a harmonious and productive relationship with the forest industry since its beginning nearly 40 years ago. No strikes, just educating industry in the pursuit of mutual worthwhile goals.

A simple no would have sufficed.

(was hoping you had a minty Laverda Jota hidden in the barn)

Posted By: rocky mtn bill Re: about keet 2 - 05/19/20 04:12 PM
ksauers1, I'm a rural American as you seem to be. You and I don't need the same government services that urban folks do. Keep in mind though that they really do need those services. If we aren't willing to contribute, then they might as well move to where we are, and we'll no longer have a rural haven to enjoy. Everybody has to live somewhere. Let's be glad city folks live in cities and not in our small towns.
Posted By: craigd Re: about keet 2 - 05/19/20 04:55 PM
....California subsidizes New Mexico, Georgia of course, Montana etc. As a general rule, with a few exceptions, blue states like yours subsidize most red states. Google it.

Just because you repeat it, doesn't mean it's so.

Yes, I'm sure kali has a say in piss'in away tons of cash in MT, but if you were to stray a bit off the state and federal roads on a reservation, I doubt you're going to feel like you're still in Montana? I hope you aren't trying to say that kali is spearheading Montana upland habitat restoration?

Anecdotal story, my wife and two kids recently overnighted in Billings while on the road. They noticed some questionable activity and started getting uncomfortable at a common name hotel. The online booking service immediately refunded my wife, no questions asked, and helped book her in alternate accomodations. Without prompting, the kid at the desk apologized, said they were aware of known illegal drug activity, but added that the kali owners forced them to accept known native druggies and forbid them from trying to clean up the situation. There goes the neighborhood, eh?

Did you ever search up who the number one private land owner in Montana is and what their collective 'business' model is? No? I didn't think so, right Brent.
Posted By: craigd Re: about keet 2 - 05/19/20 04:57 PM
....Let's be glad city folks live in cities and not in our small towns.

The hypocrisy of true prejudice, eh Bill?
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: about keet 2 - 05/19/20 05:06 PM

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/22/us/wilks-brothers-fracking-business.html

Posted By: King Brown Re: about keet 2 - 05/19/20 05:22 PM
A true parable, lonesome. When people don't believe in each other they don't remain long as citizens of a great nation. The petty sandbox politics exhibited here every day is exclusively an American behavioural trait.
Posted By: rocky mtn bill Re: about keet 2 - 05/19/20 05:22 PM
LR, Yes, the big money plagues us. Most of them are only here a few weeks a year, but they come in and throw their weight around. Many are surprised to learn we have laws that limit their ability to shut us out. They do, however, build their trophy houses in places that were once beautiful. Most have no idea that what they build here is a sacrilege. Craig, Are you struggling to express an idea? If so, try saying what it might possibly be. Your prejudice in favor of incoherence is insurmountable.
Posted By: craigd Re: about keet 2 - 05/19/20 05:43 PM
....Many are surprised to learn we have laws that limit their ability to shut us out. They do, however, build their trophy houses in places that were once beautiful. Most have no idea that what they build here is a sacrilege....

Priceless Bill. I'm struggling to figure out which church gives you the right to hunt elk on posted land?

What do you think, does King have a decent chance of brewing up some non tox duck loads with 700x. Maybe, we can come together and hope he doesn't send that double down the road to someone that might find it cheaper and easier to go to the big box store for some factory steel loads, because that's one of the purposes of this generous gift?
Posted By: Ken Nelson Re: about keet 2 - 05/19/20 06:03 PM
Quote:
(was hoping you had a minty Laverda Jota hidden in the barn)

A wicked bad sounding triple in full race regalia.....(as noted at a track day several years ago.)
Posted By: rocky mtn bill Re: about keet 2 - 05/19/20 06:11 PM
Craig, are you off your meds? When you write about guns, you can make sense. On any other topic, you seem to think that spewing words at random constitutes communication. Why not just stick to guns where we can benefit from your expertise?
Posted By: Ted Schefelbein Re: about keet 2 - 05/19/20 06:15 PM

Craigd, good one.

Best,
Ted

Florida is about break even. California subsidizes New Mexico, Georgia of course, Montana etc. As a general rule, with a few exceptions, blue states like yours subsidize most red states. Google it.

Break even unless you are an oldster in a nursing home. In that case, the red state was looking pretty darn good.
Tell me again, why do Democrat governors get a free pass on the move to house kung flu patients with what is arguably the most compromised population in humanity, instead of the war crime charges they so richly deserve?
Hey, full disclosure, my blue state and it’s governor that support some hapless red state somewhere was extraordinarily efficient, statistically speaking, in seeing the virus kill the most compromised.

Google it.

Best,
Ted
Posted By: BrentD, Prof Re: about keet 2 - 05/19/20 06:30 PM
Originally Posted By: craigd
....California subsidizes New Mexico, Georgia of course, Montana etc. As a general rule, with a few exceptions, blue states like yours subsidize most red states. Google it.

Just because you repeat it, doesn't mean it's so.

Yes, I'm sure kali has a say in piss'in away tons of cash in MT, but if you were to stray a bit off the state and federal roads on a reservation, I doubt you're going to feel like you're still in Montana? I hope you aren't trying to say that kali is spearheading Montana upland habitat restoration?

Anecdotal story, my wife and two kids recently overnighted in Billings while on the road. They noticed some questionable activity and started getting uncomfortable at a common name hotel. The online booking service immediately refunded my wife, no questions asked, and helped book her in alternate accomodations. Without prompting, the kid at the desk apologized, said they were aware of known illegal drug activity, but added that the kali owners forced them to accept known native druggies and forbid them from trying to clean up the situation. There goes the neighborhood, eh?

Did you ever search up who the number one private land owner in Montana is and what their collective 'business' model is? No? I didn't think so, right Brent.

Did you ever search up how much money the state of Montana receives from the federal government and how much the citizens of the state pay into the Feds? Then do that for California.
Posted By: BrentD, Prof Re: about keet 2 - 05/19/20 06:30 PM
Craig, are you off your meds? When you write about guns, you can make sense. On any other topic, you seem to think that spewing words at random constitutes communication. Why not just stick to guns where we can benefit from your expertise?

I thought I was the only one that noticed that.
Posted By: craigd Re: about keet 2 - 05/19/20 06:52 PM
Craig, are you off your meds?....

Which ones?

I'll see your random spewings, and raise you one of King's petty sandboxes and a Brent global warming lecture, just to see your hand, eh? But hey, have you checked if Brent knows that MT is dotted with defense missle silos, because it's a border state? You know, the unfortunate inconvenience that sponges off funding from institutions of higher learning? Oh, I'm sorry, am I listing too many budget items that divide into too few American citizens per square mile?
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com