doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Paul Harm SxS shoot Aug 15th - 06/15/20 11:30 PM
I'm hosting the 14th annual [ I think it's been 14 years] Lower Peninsula SxS Shoot at Lapeer County Sportsmens Club, 1213 N. Lake George Rd Attica, Mi 48412 on August 15th from 9AM till the shooting is done. We'll be offering Long Bird, Pigeon Ring, Duck Towers, and SCs. Cost will be $45 for 50 SCs and 25 5-stand. Free display tables. There'll be food available if you get hungry. Bring plenty of shells, there's something for everyone. For more info I can be reached at bladesmith46@hotmail.com or 810-724-5582. If you're calling you might want to text me - I get poor service where I live. Paul
Posted By: Paul Harm Re: SxS shoot Aug 15th - 06/20/20 09:06 PM
We're also open to the public on Friday and Sunday if anyone wants to make it a couple day trip. We have camping onsite or just ask Goggle for motels in Lapeer or Imlay City. The club is just a couple miles north of the I-69 x-way exit 163 half way between Flint and Port Huron about 50 miles north of Detroit.
Posted By: Paul Harm Re: SxS shoot Aug 15th - 06/25/20 04:27 PM
Our display tables are indoors and as many as a vendor or individual wants. There are usually some pretty nice guns for sale.
Posted By: Bob Rowley Re: SxS shoot Aug 15th - 06/25/20 05:27 PM
Just mean to be helpful here...

The "First" of any event is the "First Event".
If the event is held the following year, it is "The First Annual" event.
If held the 3rd year, it would be "The Second Annual" event. Like that.

You have to have a "First" event in order to have a subsequent "Annual" event.

The original Vintager's made the same mistake beginning in the 2nd year when they called the 2nd Vintager SxS Sporting Clays Competition the "Second Annual" event when actually, the 2nd event was the 1st Annual Vintager SxS Competition.

In any case, it sounds like a nice, fun shoot!
Posted By: Karl Graebner Re: SxS shoot Aug 15th - 06/25/20 10:54 PM
Yes it is a nice shoot, and many of us return every year.
Paul, any idea if the patches will be resumed?
Karl
Posted By: Paul Harm Re: SxS shoot Aug 15th - 08/03/20 02:42 PM
Well, not this year. I'm not sure with all the problems how many are going to show up. When ordering patches the order is for 150 and I'm afraid I'd be throwing too many away.
Bob, thanks for the tip.
Posted By: Karl Graebner Re: SxS shoot Aug 15th - 08/03/20 09:05 PM
Paul,
Sorry to hear of the cancellation, I was really looking forward to attending again this year. So many events have been cancelled, ones that I've been looking forward to. Let us know when things change. There were 4 of us planning on attending.
Stay safe & well,
Karl
Posted By: Montana Re: SxS shoot Aug 15th - 08/04/20 06:48 AM
So, cancelled for 2020?
Posted By: Paul Harm Re: SxS shoot Aug 15th - 08/04/20 11:26 PM
Karl, I didn't say it was cancelled - it ISN'T cancelled. All I said was I wasn't sure how many would show up with this virus thing going on. We'll just do some dogs on a grill outside and have some noodle salad and chips with a drink. Hope to see some old and new faces. Bring plenty of shells - we'll have some fun.
Posted By: Karl Graebner Re: SxS shoot Aug 15th - 08/05/20 12:01 AM
Paul,
Sorry for the confusion, our group will be there for sure. I've been looking forward to it all summer as so many have been cancelled. I'm looking forward to meeting some new like minded members!
Karl
Posted By: Montana Re: SxS shoot Aug 15th - 08/05/20 11:50 AM
Thank you for clarifying and for going forward. I enjoyed the day as I limped around the course and figured out targets. Christine Brummer

I should know shortly if I can get back to town in time to attend.
Posted By: Karl Graebner Re: SxS shoot Aug 15th - 08/05/20 12:50 PM
Christine,
I remember shooting on your squad last year, I was the one in the foot cast! Looking forward to this year's event.
Karl
Posted By: Paul Harm Re: SxS shoot Aug 15th - 08/05/20 01:31 PM
We'll have a extra scooter for those having trouble walking.
Posted By: Montana Re: SxS shoot Aug 15th - 08/15/20 06:18 PM
Hope you all shot well. See you next year as I am still out of town.
Posted By: AZMike Re: SxS shoot Aug 15th - 08/16/20 12:00 PM
Paul,
Where can we view a program? We saved a lot of shells this year that hopefully will get shot next.
Posted By: Philbert Re: SxS shoot Aug 15th - 08/17/20 08:18 PM
Great shoot, Paul. Lots of fun and laughs as always. It was nice to meet your brother once I figured out who he was. ;-). The SC course was perfect as far as I’m concerned. Very hunting shots representative. The looooong Bird was long.
I talked to that guy that finally broke it did it; 1 oz. of 7 1/2 at 1,100 fps and IC choke. He’s a good shot but I think there was an element of luck involved. The renovations look great!
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com