Posted By: Dave Weber Enough - 08/18/20 01:49 AM
The following members are banned.
Keith
SDH-MT
Rocky Mountain Bill
*1 month off

BrentD
*2 weeks off.

I can’t believe grown men can act in such a ridiculous manner.
Frankly, I don’t need the aggravation .... If you screw with the board....I will shut you off.
Posted By: Bob Cash Re: Enough - 08/18/20 01:57 AM
Posted By: crs Re: Enough - 08/18/20 02:02 AM
What Bob Cash said +1.
Posted By: crs Re: Enough - 08/18/20 02:03 AM
What Bob Cash said +1.
Posted By: MikeV Re: Enough - 08/18/20 02:05 AM
+2
Posted By: old colonel Re: Enough - 08/18/20 02:08 AM
Sad that this is the best course
Posted By: Argo44 Re: Enough - 08/18/20 02:29 AM
Thanks. A post on French-English gun terms was graffitied - WTF.
Posted By: gunny Re: Enough - 08/18/20 03:19 AM
thank you!!!!
Posted By: welder Re: Enough - 08/18/20 12:30 PM
Amen!
Posted By: bluedcanoed Re: Enough - 08/18/20 12:46 PM
About time!
Posted By: dogon Re: Enough - 08/18/20 02:02 PM
Thank you Dave!!!

I'll be sending my annual donation to you now. IMO it's past due time to reel in the vitriol. Better late than never.
Posted By: GGress Re: Enough - 08/18/20 02:36 PM
Wish it was permanent.
Posted By: KY Jon Re: Enough - 08/18/20 03:22 PM
Thanks.
Posted By: Remington40x Re: Enough - 08/18/20 04:08 PM
Thank you!
Posted By: DoubleTake Re: Enough - 08/18/20 04:19 PM
Much appreciated. Donation made.
Posted By: nca225 Re: Enough - 08/18/20 06:53 PM
Question for Dave:

Do you consider the accessing of restricted area's of this board, such as the reproduction of posts made from the long defunct misfires forum which you shut down and restricted access too, to be screwing with the board?

I only ask because, well, this board is your property and that it seems, from his own admissions and previous posts, that keith found a way to gain access to those materials after you had shut down that board. It seems the only way he could have done that was with your permission, or by surreptitiously gaining access, which I would submit is a gross act of screwing with your board or, otherwise put, your property.
Posted By: Dave Weber Re: Enough - 08/18/20 07:27 PM
To the best of my knowledge there is no way to currently access the old mis-fires material. I suspect a copy of the text was made while it was still active. I will look into it further to be sure.
Posted By: kopkai Re: Enough - 08/18/20 08:01 PM
Finally. Good move. Been here since '96 and the move is long overdo.
Posted By: Recoil Rob Re: Enough - 08/18/20 08:10 PM
A lot of old stuff is accessible on a website called the Wayback Machine, lt's an internet archive and it seems they have live snapshots of this BBC going back to 2006
Posted By: ed good Re: Enough - 08/18/20 10:41 PM
dat keet, he one smart fellah if he could figure out ah way to break into duh basement, find dim ole files, copy erm and git away wid out so much as ah squeak...
Posted By: Geo. Newbern Re: Enough - 08/18/20 11:47 PM
Originally Posted By: Dave Weber
To the best of my knowledge there is no way to currently access the old mis-fires material. I suspect a copy of the text was made while it was still active. I will look into it further to be sure.

There is one way I know to access old mis-fires material. Pull up a member's post history and go back to the period you wish to see. Then read the thread. Way too much work though, unless you are obsessed with a feud...Geo
Posted By: Dave Weber Re: Enough - 08/19/20 12:15 AM
Thank you for pointing that work around out. I will figure out how to prevent that this weekend.
Posted By: French Double Re: Enough - 08/19/20 01:55 AM
You have just stopped me from going elsewhere. As the man said, My Father thanks you, My Mother thanks you, and I thank you!
Posted By: Joe Wood Re: Enough - 08/19/20 02:09 AM
Whew! As much division and bitterness as we encounter daily in our lives the last place I want to see it is here on the BBS. It is my escape from the world we have to endure. No place for it here!
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: Enough - 08/19/20 02:43 AM
Originally Posted By: Dave Weber
Thank you for pointing that work around out. I will figure out how to prevent that this weekend.

As long as you’re poking around in there, how ‘bout a hockey blocker.

Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Enough - 08/19/20 01:47 PM
Thanks Dave...
Posted By: Perry M. Kissam Re: Enough - 08/19/20 02:28 PM
Thanks Dave. My donation was already sent and accounted for!!
Posted By: SKB Re: Enough - 08/19/20 02:32 PM
I just donated again. Thank you for all you do. I know moderating this board is not something you enjoy doing but it is appreciated.

Steve
Posted By: Chuck H Re: Enough - 08/19/20 05:48 PM
...a good start.
Posted By: Buzz Re: Enough - 08/20/20 01:17 AM
It’s too bad it came to banning members. I agree with all the sentiment against any form of gun control and I’m in support of our second amendment, so it’s really too bad that Rocky Mountain Bill, SDH-MT and BrentD baited keith, a vehement proponent of our Constitutional rights, into responding to their vitriol resulting in his ban. BrentD always comes like a moth to the flame with his liberal leanings, so no surprise of his presence and vitriol when Keith was attacked. I’m not surprised he finally got burned. RMB is so far to the left that his posts are always predictable and sickening. SDH-MT is just off the grid, hiring a private investigator to harass keith with that bizarre description of keith and his home life situation. Bizarre, is a kind word to say the least. I’m just sorry keith was banned because it appears he was only on defense; but it is what it is. The others, well they just got what was coming to them and that which was absolutely appropriate IMHO. Thanks Dave. In support of our Right to Keep and Bear Arms.
Posted By: canvasback Re: Enough - 08/20/20 01:41 AM
Get serious Buzz. I agree with all of Keith's views as well. But his behavior on this board is despicable. Keith on defense?? Don't make me laugh. You must operate with a confirmation bias that makes it impossible to see his posts for what they are. A cancer that is ruining this board. Any post, no matter how on point, by one of his targets, could and often did result in an unprovoked attack by Keith.

No doubt he is here, watching and reading as a guest. Taking notes and waiting to attack again upon his return.

We are grown-ups here, Buzz. We don't need Keith running interference for us, protecting us from the pinkos.
Posted By: craigd Re: Enough - 08/20/20 02:03 AM
Originally Posted By: canvasback
....You must operate with a confirmation bias that makes it impossible to see his posts for what they are. A cancer that is ruining this board. Any post, no matter how on point, by one of his targets, could and often did result in an unprovoked attack by Keith....

I agree that we don't need any running of interference, but the flip side is, there is a cancer ruining much broader considerations. Since this is all opinion, and likely not appreciated by our host, maybe silence is tacit approval? The disapproval of methods is understandable, but it is an odd thing to see varying versions of the moral high ground get selectively metered out with absolute confidence, like me? Anyway, don't get covid.
Posted By: Argo44 Re: Enough - 08/20/20 02:20 AM
I will offer an opinion on Keith. He is a paranoid schizophrenic, who always believes he's under attack. Mass murderers also believe they were defending themselves. He has sprayed graffiti throughout this site for years...even invading a post on "French-English gun terminology" to smear dung all over it. He has instituted chaos and caused more lines to be shut down than any other person on this board.

Personally I have no need for this fellow to "protect me." And, reviewing my 5 years of participation on this board, I cannot find one (1) post he's made from which I've learned something. There was always the potential..a few pretty photographs...but then the hatred, the vitriol, the personal denigration, the threats, the snooping and computer hacking, every post seemingly based on his "enemies list" - and that list included hundreds of people on this board..on which he compiled "files" and doggedly followed their posts, sniffing for a hint of heresy, just as the Stasi did at the height of the Cold War oppression. ...all the behavior of an elementary school hall monitor or the NKVD political police. I hope he never comes back. He is not missed.

Enough said.
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: Enough - 08/20/20 02:34 AM
Say what you want aboot the banned people.
At least they never posted a hockey video.

Watchin’ the game c-back?
Eff Mont...l
Posted By: canvasback Re: Enough - 08/20/20 03:05 AM
Craig, the guy who stood on the pedestal, who claims the moral high ground, was Keith. Most of the rest of us are just trying to enjoy our doubles. Do you really think we need to be protected from the views of RMB? We all know what hogwash is when we hear it and no one‘s mind is getting changed by Keith’s efforts.
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: Enough - 08/20/20 03:21 AM
Originally Posted By: lonesome roads

Watchin’ the game c-back?

Guess not.

Posted By: old colonel Re: Enough - 08/20/20 03:28 AM
There is not a person on this board who has been Politically converted by the Arguments made here. I used to plead for civility in discussions, but that was useless so I gave it up.

Occasionally I kick the can that we should adhere to the boards posted rules, but that is likewise one that seems to make little difference.

What are the rules of conduct for the forum?

“Considering the real-time nature of this message board, it is impossible for us to review messages or confirm the validity of information posted. Please remember that we do not actively monitor the contents of posted messages and are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this BB or any entity associated with this BB. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary. This is a manual process, however, so please realize that we may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately. You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this BB to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law. You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyrighted material is owned by you. Although we do not and cannot review the messages posted and are not responsible for the content of any of these messages, we reserve the right to delete any message for any reason whatsoever. You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold us harmless with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message array(s).We reserve the right to reveal your identity array (or whatever information we know about you) in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any message posted by you. Participation is at your own risk and judgment.”

The vitriolic nastiness of a few trashes this board for many. The hate filled posts playing out infantile grudges, are fairly useless and in the end more often than not say more about the poster than the attacked person.

Life here would be better if all of us control ourselves and actually adhere to the word and spirit of the board’s rules.

I love doubleguns.
Posted By: redoak Re: Enough - 08/20/20 04:35 AM
Dave,

Thank you.

I have donated again, as well.
Posted By: SXS 40 Re: Enough - 08/20/20 04:44 AM
Dave, Thank you.

I have to believe that a lot of potential posters with a wealth of DoubleGun knowledge were turned off by the vitriol spewed by these individuals. Those that visit here to learn about and enjoy the vintage DoubleGun lifestyle have missed out on a lot of good information because of it. When I would recommend this site to other DoubleGun enthusiasts, I would have to inform them to ignore the BS posts and look for the good stuff. Somewhat embarrassing.
Posted By: LGF Re: Enough - 08/20/20 05:02 AM
It has been a long time since we had a whole month of civility here. Thanks, Dave.
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Enough - 08/20/20 11:14 AM
Originally Posted By: Argo44
I will offer an opinion on Keith. He is a paranoid schizophrenic, who always believes he's under attack. Mass murderers also believe they were defending themselves.

This proves my point about you being a low life Alabama scum bag skally wAg....

That's what you called me by the way...

As far as I'm concerned this is the second time you've proved you are scum of the earth.
Posted By: French Double Re: Enough - 08/20/20 12:00 PM
Let's all just keep this forum on the guns that we love and do our best to leave the politics for elsewhere. We get enough of that elsewhere. I'm here to learn and share not to insult and argue.
Posted By: Perry M. Kissam Re: Enough - 08/20/20 02:35 PM
This is good, but I think there are some, at least one, that Dave missed!!
Posted By: DoubleTake Re: Enough - 08/20/20 02:48 PM
Originally Posted By: Perry M. Kissam

Absolutely

Clean it up thoroughly.
Posted By: Geo. Newbern Re: Enough - 08/20/20 03:02 PM
I predict short term Ban-Aids will not solve the problem. I've been following this website since 1996, I think. If it were not for the ignore option I would no longer be here. When there is a cancer you cut it out. JMHO...Geo
Posted By: gold40 Re: Enough - 08/20/20 03:03 PM

THANKS DAVE, for providing this forum.

Many years ago, my Mother said, and probably your Mother also said, "If you can't say something NICE, don't say anything at all.

Still very good advice.

JERRY GOLDSTEIN
Posted By: Gr8day Re: Enough - 08/20/20 03:14 PM
Political discussions are bad enough, but the infantile name calling and thread trashing is despicable. Thanks Dave.
Posted By: nca225 Re: Enough - 08/20/20 05:29 PM
Originally Posted By: buzz
It’s too bad it came to banning members. I agree with all the sentiment against any form of gun control and I’m in support of our second amendment, so it’s really too bad that Rocky Mountain Bill, SDH-MT and BrentD baited keith, a vehement proponent of our Constitutional rights, into responding to their vitriol resulting in his ban. BrentD always comes like a moth to the flame with his liberal leanings, so no surprise of his presence and vitriol when Keith was attacked. I’m not surprised he finally got burned. RMB is so far to the left that his posts are always predictable and sickening. SDH-MT is just off the grid, hiring a private investigator to harass keith with that bizarre description of keith and his home life situation. Bizarre, is a kind word to say the least. I’m just sorry keith was banned because it appears he was only on defense; but it is what it is. The others, well they just got what was coming to them and that which was absolutely appropriate IMHO. Thanks Dave. In support of our Right to Keep and Bear Arms.

This is just precious. Poor poor poor keith, to be so easily and stupidly duped by the likes of SDH and RMB into getting himself banned...for a month. I guess those two smooth operators had a genius plan all the long that really fooled keith into baselessly attacking them all those times to the point he would get himself banned,... for a month. Boy, I'm gonna be on the watch out for those two guys. Who knows what other diabolical plans they have set afoot!
Posted By: battle Re: Enough - 08/20/20 05:48 PM

I agree 100%, and some are in this thread.
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: Enough - 08/20/20 06:48 PM
Originally Posted By: battle

Newbern and Goldstein?

Originally Posted By: nca225
...SDH and RMB...Who knows what other diabolical plans they have set afoot!

You’ll know when the Bear Dago shows up at your door.

Posted By: Geo. Newbern Re: Enough - 08/20/20 07:01 PM
[Originally Posted By: Perry M. Kissam

Newbern and Goldstein?]

Hey, I'm down with that...Geo
Posted By: Ken Nelson Re: Enough - 08/20/20 07:03 PM
Should set the crosshairs on the trolls too....easily identified.
Posted By: Brian Re: Enough - 08/20/20 07:52 PM
Cant we all just get along?
Posted By: L. Brown Re: Enough - 08/20/20 08:32 PM
Bravo, Dave!
Posted By: Joe Wood Re: Enough - 08/20/20 10:44 PM
Proverbs 17, 27-28:

“ 27 The one who has knowledge uses words with restraint, and whoever has understanding is even-tempered. 28 Even fools are thought wise if they keep silent, and discerning if they hold their tongues.”
Posted By: Perry M. Kissam Re: Enough - 08/20/20 11:00 PM
Originally Posted By: battle

Yep.
Posted By: Bob Cash Re: Enough - 08/21/20 12:23 AM
Originally Posted By: Joe Wood
Proverbs 17, 27-28:

“ 27 The one who has knowledge uses words with restraint, and whoever has understanding is even-tempered.
28 Even fools are thought wise if they keep silent, and discerning if they hold their tongues.”

Words of wisdom.
In the same vein,

"It took me just a very few years to learn how to talk
and the next 60 to learn how to shut up".
Posted By: ed good Re: Enough - 08/21/20 12:40 AM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salem_witch_trials
Posted By: battle Re: Enough - 08/21/20 01:04 AM
Originally Posted By: Geo. Newbern
[Originally Posted By: Perry M. Kissam

Newbern and Goldstein?]

Hey, I'm down with that...Geo

No, not you Geo...
Posted By: simcgunner Re: Enough - 08/22/20 01:32 AM
Thanks Dave as a life member of the NRA I would Cringe in embarrassment at Keith's ridiculous and counterproductive rants. In spite of what he thinks, he is not the face of the NRA. Just the bunghole
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: Enough - 08/22/20 02:13 AM
King,

Did you watch the Canadiens get eliminated from the playoffs?
Down to Vancouver now.

Posted By: lonesome roads Re: Enough - 08/22/20 12:53 PM
Et tu, King?

Posted By: Judge Re: Enough - 08/22/20 06:47 PM
Much appreciated. This should improve the board.
Posted By: Perry M. Kissam Re: Enough - 08/23/20 01:39 AM
Originally Posted By: Judge
Much appreciated. This should improve the board.

Unfortunately, probably only until they come back.
Posted By: Ghostrider Re: Enough - 08/23/20 04:37 AM
Well now that the truth behind the Great OZ has come out, and we now know that just like the story of The Wizard of OZ. The Wizard is just a Con Man.
Possibly he will just float away like in the story.
It’s a shame he hid behind the curtain or the garage door as is the case for so long.
Spreading hate and discontent on every post he entered.
Driving good and decent people away. A fraud that questioned the integrity and morality of Our friends. Including so many other good and decent people that came to this forum to enjoy some camaraderie and knowledge of fine Double Guns.
How is it that one little man can control the direction and mood of such a fine forum for so long? There must be a lesson here someplace.
Good riddance I say. If others don’t want to change I say clean out the whole damn rats nest.
Posted By: Wonko the Sane Re: Enough - 08/23/20 06:05 AM
As was mentioned the one banned creature was not the face of anything but he did indeed represent another anatomical aspect.

I suspect that this temp ban will ultimately be as effective as was the last one he experienced.

just a thot
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: Enough - 08/23/20 11:37 AM
Originally Posted By: Ghostrider
If others don’t want to change I say clean out the whole damn rats nest.

Starting with all the Canadian soccer fanatics.
(apparently no one watches hockey up there anymore)

Those guys are barely a rung above the scripture thumping hacks.

Posted By: craigd Re: Enough - 08/23/20 01:28 PM
Well now that the truth behind the Great OZ has come out....

....It’s a shame he hid behind the curtain or the garage door....

....A fraud that questioned the integrity and morality....

....Good riddance I say. If others don’t want to change I say clean out the whole damn rats nest.

It is not lost on me that myself is included, but is there anything to be said about folks who won't let an off topic thread just fade away? Is there anything to be drawn from the tendency of some to hide behind the curtain of PMs, likely not. What truth did anyone learn other than the proficiency of some to copy and paste something that's posted on the internet?

What's a rats nest? Give me a decent definition, and if the shoe fits, I'll ban myself for two months.
Posted By: Ghostrider Re: Enough - 08/23/20 03:19 PM
Craig I have never had any negative interaction with you that I recall. Be it in postings or PM’s.
I believe this recent posting here would make a lot more sense if the posting that was removed had not been.
It revealed exactly who Keith is and to say the least he has no room to be chastising others on this forum or any other.
I watched post after post on this forum side tracked and good people insulted.
I held my tongue for years during this abuse.
It was not until recently that I spoke up. I’m done and will see if things improve here. iIf not I will be like many others and stop coming here.
I just don’t like internet bully’s that insist on spreading hate to what otherwise would be a great forum.

To clarify Rats nest and not with the intent of you banning yourself.
No need to ban yourself.
In my post I am referring to the rats involved. They shouldn’t have any problem self identifying.

TOP DEFINITION
rat's nest
A situation or condition that is characterized by messiness, disorder, disarray, and/or confusion.

For example just read some of the past posts. Read the opening remarks and read the post 3 pages later. You would never have guessed the the original posting would have developed to the point it ended up at and in lots of cases the posting locked.
Posted By: Bob Cash Re: Enough - 08/23/20 08:29 PM
It has been asked that if a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make any noise?

Were there to be a concerted effort by participants on this forum to collectively "Ignore" certain folk,
they could effectively "Banish" said "Rat" for good.

I'll go first, Rat be gone!
I ignore thee, I ignore thee, I ignore thee.

Posted By: lonesome roads Re: Enough - 08/23/20 11:35 PM
Originally Posted By: Bob Cash
It has been asked that if a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make any noise?

Were there to be a concerted effort by participants on this forum to collectively "Ignore" certain folk,
they could effectively "Banish" said "Rat" for good.

I'll go first, Rat be gone!
I ignore thee, I ignore thee, I ignore thee.

If that doesn’t work there’s always the antifreeze on baloney option.

https://youtu.be/CdKwO4JPIG8

Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Enough - 08/23/20 11:37 PM
I believe this recent posting here would make a lot more sense if the posting that was removed had not been.
It revealed exactly who Keith is and to say the least he has no room to be chastising others on this forum or any other.

Just curious ............ are you making reference to the repetitive post by Steven Dodd Hughes (SDH-MT), that supposedly unveiled keith's personal life?
SRH
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Enough - 08/24/20 12:03 PM
Would it be fair to surmise that you are a democrat ?
Posted By: canvasback Re: Enough - 08/24/20 12:47 PM
Originally Posted By: HomelessjOe
Would it be fair to surmise that you are a democrat ?

Objecting to the tactics used by Keith has nothing to do with political orientation and everything to do with common decency. Anyone else caught up in Dave's ban who behaved badly didn't instigate it but were goaded into their offensive
posts by Keith.
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: Enough - 08/24/20 01:05 PM
Anyone else caught up in Dave's ban who behaved badly didn't instigate it but were goaded into their offensive
posts by Keith.

The Devil made me do it!

Posted By: 82nd Trooper Re: Enough - 08/24/20 01:16 PM
I enjoy this site but I do not post much because I don't have an area of expertise to lend to most threads. But I enjoy learning from all members to include from those who are vacation right now. I'm a newer gunsmith/collector/student of all things guns enthusiast. Through this site mainly I've gain enough knowledge to do my repairs and restore some "gunsmith special" guns.
A member told me something like " This site is 98% gold and 2% sewer water". So I guess to keep the gold out of the sewer water we need to flush sometimes.
Scott
Posted By: Buzz Re: Enough - 08/24/20 02:15 PM
Well now that the truth behind the Great OZ has come out, and we now know that just like the story of The Wizard of OZ. The Wizard is just a Con Man.
It’s a shame he hid behind the curtain or the garage door as is the case for so long.
Driving good and decent people away. A fraud that questioned the integrity and morality of Our friends. Including so many other good and decent people that came to this forum to enjoy some camaraderie and knowledge of fine Double Guns.
How is it that one little man can control the direction and mood of such a fine forum for so long? There must be a lesson here someplace.
Good riddance I say. If others don’t want to change I say clean out the whole damn rats nest.
I don’t see where anything has been proven. I read SDH-MT’s allegations about keith and his living arrangement, the story re a hired private investigator and all, but I certainly didn’t see unequivocal truth those allegations were indeed fact, rather what was presented was only shameful innuendo. Then came the ban, and before the accused could render a response to those allegations. Nothing has been proven despite what Ghostrider has to say. Just more innuendo.
Posted By: pamtnman Re: Enough - 08/24/20 03:21 PM
Geez, I spend the night reloading old black powder rounds in my basement, and next thing I know, I missed some real action. Sorry to hear there was a lot of bad feelings. I saw some back and forth between a guy named Keith and Ed Good, but it was just petty bickering, not anything serious. Then again, I only have time for the technical advice you wonderful guys give me here, and no time for personal comments. So again, Thank You to all the positive, helpful, kind men here who have helped me on my double rifle journey. Couldn't a' dunnit witout ya
Posted By: craigd Re: Enough - 08/24/20 03:21 PM
....Objecting to the tactics....

....has nothing to do with political orientation and everything to do with common decency. Anyone else caught up in [the] ban who behaved badly didn't instigate it but were goaded into their offensive....

Is it okay to smile a bit about how bad behavior and goadability might not quite be how some would characterize themselves? But victimhood, that's a fresh look at it?
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: Enough - 08/24/20 04:09 PM
Originally Posted By: craigd

....has nothing to do with political orientation and everything to do with common decency. Anyone else caught up in [the] ban who behaved badly didn't instigate it but were goaded into their offensive....

Is it okay to smile a bit about how bad behavior and goadability might not quite be how some would characterize themselves? But victimhood, that's a fresh look at it?

Yeah, I’d want a mulligan on that one too.

Posted By: canvasback Re: Enough - 08/24/20 08:56 PM

Craig, I'm not smiling about any of this and I haven't in a long while.

It is obvious except to the obtuse that Keith trolls people. The road to hell is paved with good intentions. Keith's good intentions no longer matter. It's his actual behavior that now counts. And it's abominable.

You can try to deflect what I'm saying by deflecting to a big picture kind of outlook....pretending that what is happening here falls in the en vogue issue of victimhood but that doesn't wash. Not really. It's too much of a stretch, because sometimes, people really do get victimized. Keith has victimized me. Dr Drew. Old Colonel, Argo44 and many others who clearly are not liberals.....just people who took offense to his disgusting personal attacks. So we became targets as well.

Don't pretend I take some joy in this. Can't be inferred from my posts because I don't. I responded to Buzz's first post attempting to sell the lie that Keith was a victim and I responded to jOe's post suggesting that disliking Keith's personal attacks somehow means one is a Democrat. Both are bullshit statements and deserve to be called out as such.

Time for some honesty about what we are actually doing and saying here rather than pretending it's all in aid of the "larger" problem.
Posted By: canvasback Re: Enough - 08/24/20 09:06 PM
I don’t see where anything has been proven. I read SDH-MT’s allegations about keith and his living arrangement, the story re a hired private investigator and all, but I certainly didn’t see unequivocal truth those allegations were indeed fact, rather what was presented was only shameful innuendo. Then came the ban, and before the accused could render a response to those allegations. Nothing has been proven despite what Ghostrider has to say. Just more innuendo.

You are absolutely correct here Buzz. Unproven innuendo that IMHO is mostly likely bullshit. All of it.
Posted By: Goillini Re: Enough - 08/24/20 09:17 PM
Cback I think maybe what others were pointing out is that nobody made any of the banned members post anything. People are responsible for their own actions and behavior. You cannot control what other people say or do. But you can control how you respond to it.
Posted By: canvasback Re: Enough - 08/24/20 09:39 PM
Originally Posted By: Goillini
Cback I think maybe what others were pointing out is that nobody made any of the banned members post anything. People are responsible for their own actions and behavior. You cannot control what other people say or do. But you can control how you respond to it.

Gollini, I appreciate that truism. Served me well in my divorce. But I also know how people behave in the real world. I'm interested in having a better, more informative DG forum. One where the actions of a very few don't drive away literally 100's of prospective and past posters. No one but Keith forces him to attack people. What is good for the goose is good for the gander. But the point is he initiates 90% of it. (That's an estimate). Most of us, when we are the targets, eventually have enough of that crap. How we respond is an individual choice.

It goes back to us having a foul mouthed bully trying his best to "protect" us from the musings of a few liberals. I'd prefer that we act as grownups and are allowed to make our own choices of who to read and what to believe or disbelieve. Keith's approach is a text book way on how NOT to persuade anyone of anything. Why he can't even get his main targets to leave this forum! The people who leave are right minded individuals who don't feel like subjecting themselves to the utter inanity of Keith destroying thread after thread with his personal vendettas.

Keith, are you making notes? You'll want to use these posts of mine later!
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Enough - 08/24/20 09:58 PM

You are absolutely correct here Buzz. Unproven innuendo that IMHO is mostly likely bullshit. All of it.

This was exactly my point in asking Ghostrider what I did.

SRH
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: Enough - 08/24/20 11:18 PM
...it's abominable[!]

Indubitably.

Posted By: cadet Re: Enough - 08/25/20 12:18 AM
I've tried to write something a few times over the last few days, but struggle to find the right words.

I don't visit much here anymore. I post even less. This is due to the toxic rubbish spewed by a handful which has polluted the place for years. It's not my board, and Dave can run it (or stay hands off as he usually appears to) as he sees fit. But a couple of people having a month or two's penance in my opinion is far too little, far too late, and not enough to address the actual underlying, fundamental problems or encourage me (and I imagine others) to return.

It seems representative of what many of we in the rest of the world can see of the USA's apparent decline, of its tearing itself to bits, with leadership and management which seems willing to let that happen. For a nation which, for all its faults, gave the world so much that is good, it's beyond sad.
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: Enough - 08/25/20 01:33 AM
Originally Posted By: cadet
...many of we in the rest of the world can see of the USA's apparent decline...

Relax, mate. I’m sure Canada and the EU will step up.

Posted By: Wonko the Sane Re: Enough - 08/25/20 01:43 AM
It seems representative of what many of we in the rest of the world can see of the USA's apparent decline, of its tearing itself to bits, with leadership and management which seems willing to let that happen. For a nation which, for all its faults, gave the world so much that is good, it's beyond sad.

Best get over it. Its a done deal and there is no return to a civilized society that you or anyone here will live to see. And that's just a simple fact. Mindless knee-jerk response to the dog-whistle trigger words will prevail far beyond any foreseeable future.

The likes of kieth abound
Posted By: craigd Re: Enough - 08/25/20 02:21 AM
Originally Posted By: Wonko the Sane

Best get over it. Its a done deal and there is no return to a civilized society that you or anyone here will live to see. And that's just a simple fact. Mindless knee-jerk response to the dog-whistle trigger words will prevail far beyond any foreseeable future.

Big palm print on my forehead, the cosmos has been unlocked. Note to self, don't vote for kieth on November 3rd.
Posted By: Tomball Re: Enough - 08/25/20 02:31 AM
I echo your comments verbatim. Will add, Weber is more at fault than the banned and one that should be banned. He has allowed this to be what it is. Could have stopped it at any time. By allowing one idiOt to remain is proof enough.
Posted By: old colonel Re: Enough - 08/25/20 03:00 AM
Originally Posted By: Wonko the Sane

Big palm print on my forehead, the cosmos has been unlocked. Note to self, don't vote for kieth on November 3rd.

But do vote Trump, because what Biden and Harris say and want to do is a threat to our rights, and our sport.
Posted By: LGF Re: Enough - 08/25/20 03:37 AM
I'm not sure that dissecting Keith's motives really contribute much. Argo got it right early on in this thread: it has been obvious for years that Keith has serious mental problems which he inflicts on this board. We should certainly pity him, but most of us are not psychiatrists; we are not paid be subjected to the constant venom and degradation of this wonderful site, nor can our responses have much influence on him and his demons.

Let's see if a month in the wilderness has any effect on Keith. Those of us raised on Winnie the Pooh remember Rabbit's plan to Unbounce Tigger, saying that afterwards "He'll be a Humble Tigger. Because he'll be a Sad Tigger, a Melancholy Tigger, a Small and Sorry Tigger, an Oh-Rabbit-I-am-glad-to-see-you Tigger." If Dave's plan to unbounce Keith does not produce the hoped-for result, let us hope that he will excommunicate Keith permanently from our Hundred Acre Wood. We are all too old for this shit.
Posted By: Tim in PA Re: Enough - 08/25/20 04:57 AM
There's a lot of hooting and hollering in this thread about what's wrong with this forum. Most of the anger seems directed at Keith, some at jOe, even some at Dave, but it seems there's very little interest in talking about the real problem.

This is a GUN board. It's not a camera forum, or a fishing forum, or a sociology forum. Its purpose is the discussion of firearms, primarily doubles, but also others. And here's a little secret, your precious doubles are joined like a Siamese twin to politics. Some people here are aware of that, it seems like others are either blindly, willingly or unwittingly ignorant of that fact.

I visit other gun forums, and politics is rarely brought up, there's no need, everyone is on the same page. If RMB or Brent went on them and suggested people need to vote for Biden, they would fall under the category of troll and probably be relieved of posting privileges. But on this board, members benignly tolerate it.

There's a lot of vitriol for Keith, and his arguments often become rather repulsive, so it's understood, but no one seems to want to mention the leftist trolls that created this situation. No one seems to find it crazy that a supposedly respectable gunsmith would hire a PI to investigate a member of this board? If RMB had never posted his union newsletter propaganda, Keith would never have gone after him. If I want to read leftist propaganda, I can go to Politico, or the Guardian, it shouldn't be polluting a gun forum. How would you feel if a satanist or pedophile started posting their opinions on your church website? If you don't understand why that sort of stuff is trolling, do an internet search for "what is a FUDD".

Dave has let his feelings about the 2nd amendment be known, and supporting anti-gun Democrats isn't part of it. If members here want to support Democrats, they should be considerate enough to keep their opinions to themselves, toj avoid creating bad situations. If you wouldn't shout racial slurs at a BLM rally, don't push left wing politics here.

Tim
Posted By: canvasback Re: Enough - 08/25/20 07:05 AM
Sorry Tim, you are dead wrong.

We all get it. We all know guns and politics are connected. Yet I’m an active member of 3 other gun and hunting forums, all of which would ban you permanently for behavior like Keith’s. And not one would go after RMB. Every day I’m on one of those other forums there are a few people clearly indicating their left of centre slant. Just like RMB. No one bans them. They aren’t subject to hate filled, uncontrolled diatribes by a single member who takes it upon himself to police the site (in clear contravention of the site rules). In short, they act like grown ups.

I’m no Fudd. I’ve likely have spent more real time working to ensure I have the right to use a gun than you ever will. Because my opportunity to own and use a gun isn’t constitutionally protected. Like yours is. Mine is fragile in a way yours never will be. Not in your lifetime. But that has nothing to do with the problem Keith represents for this forum. Keith’s behavior left politics behind years ago. Now it’s just an excuse to rage and vent.

Posted By: Konor3inch Re: Enough - 08/25/20 10:35 AM
I experienced a 23 page run in with Keith in the “Voluntary Lead Ban in the UK “ thread.There was little discussion on the voluntary lead ban in the UK. If we could stick to double gun topics in the double gun threads and leave politics to the off topic threads that would be an improvement.
It doesn’t mean ignoring politics altogether ,as that can be covered in off topic threads ,it just allows folks to enjoy discussing double guns and sharing their knowledge without having threads degenerate in the predictable fashion that they normally do when politics is brought into the mix.
Keith bogged down threads with past disagreements and insults and partially quoted others purely to prolong argument and promote his political views. In the meantime instead of discussing the double gun issues and double gun ownership we ended up going round in circles insulting each other. If this was a politics forum then that is not a problem but in a double gun forum it is a problem and because of it we ended up in many threads arguing over politics instead of talking double guns.

Posted By: craigd Re: Enough - 08/25/20 11:54 AM
Originally Posted By: Tim in PA
....here's a little secret, your precious doubles are joined like a Siamese twin to politics. Some people here are aware of that, it seems like others are either blindly, willingly or unwittingly ignorant of that fact....

....There's a lot of vitriol for Keith, and his arguments often become rather repulsive, so it's understood, but no one seems to want to mention the leftist trolls that created this situation. No one seems to find it crazy that....

....If you don't understand why that sort of stuff is trolling....

I can also understand how tactics can be taken as repulsive. The frustration seems to come from the inability to moderate the forum per individual preference.

My default sets to the last three months, three of the five topics in the Silent Doubles forum look to be started in questionable taste with arguably no provocation. Many on topic threads get thumbed in the eye with an anti conservative pundit or anti current President comment that comes out of left field. Some posts are repulsive, some are calm and collected counselling about the inevitability of the 'will of the people', some are near real time copy and paste of the latest left wing political talking points.

No, I don't think you're dead wrong.
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Enough - 08/25/20 12:46 PM
There's a lot of hooting and hollering in this thread about what's wrong with this forum. Most of the anger seems directed at Keith, some at jOe, even some at Dave, but it seems there's very little interest in talking about the real problem.

This is a GUN board. It's not a camera forum, or a fishing forum, or a sociology forum. Its purpose is the discussion of firearms, primarily doubles, but also others. And here's a little secret, your precious doubles are joined like a Siamese twin to politics. Some people here are aware of that, it seems like others are either blindly, willingly or unwittingly ignorant of that fact.

I visit other gun forums, and politics is rarely brought up, there's no need, everyone is on the same page. If RMB or Brent went on them and suggested people need to vote for Biden, they would fall under the category of troll and probably be relieved of posting privileges. But on this board, members benignly tolerate it.

There's a lot of vitriol for Keith, and his arguments often become rather repulsive, so it's understood, but no one seems to want to mention the leftist trolls that created this situation. No one seems to find it crazy that a supposedly respectable gunsmith would hire a PI to investigate a member of this board? If RMB had never posted his union newsletter propaganda, Keith would never have gone after him. If I want to read leftist propaganda, I can go to Politico, or the Guardian, it shouldn't be polluting a gun forum. How would you feel if a satanist or pedophile started posting their opinions on your church website? If you don't understand why that sort of stuff is trolling, do an internet search for "what is a FUDD".

Dave has let his feelings about the 2nd amendment be known, and supporting anti-gun Democrats isn't part of it. If members here want to support Democrats, they should be considerate enough to keep their opinions to themselves, toj avoid creating bad situations. If you wouldn't shout racial slurs at a BLM rally, don't push left wing politics here.

Tim

Pretty spOt on.

It took me awhile but I figured out why....

So far it's mine and Dave's little secret.

I'm sure this thread will now be locked and it will fade into the liberal anals of history.

Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Enough - 08/25/20 12:56 PM

Actually you are dead wrong....if I were running things several people in this thread would get permanent bans and you would be one of them.

If I remember correctly no personal attacks are allowed on this forum...most of the wolf criers are guilty as sin.
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Enough - 08/25/20 12:59 PM
Originally Posted By: Konor3inch
in a double gun forum it is a problem and because of it we ended up in many threads arguing over politics instead of talking double guns.

We had a section like that it was called Missfires and with my help a Texan' lost his damn mind and it got shut down.
Posted By: canvasback Re: Enough - 08/25/20 01:27 PM

Actually you are dead wrong....if I were running things several people in this thread would get permanent bans and you would be one of them.

If I remember correctly no personal attacks are allowed on this forum...most of the wolf criers are guilty as sin.

Most of the "wolf criers" as you so eloquently put it jOe, are guilty of responding in kind to you and Keith. Dave should have banned you rather than let AmarilloMike slip away. He contributed more to this site than you ever will. Rather telling that you are proud of that. You should be embarrassed.

And the mere though of you "running things" has given me my laugh for the day.
Posted By: canvasback Re: Enough - 08/25/20 01:35 PM

I can also understand how tactics can be taken as repulsive. The frustration seems to come from the inability to moderate the forum per individual preference.

My default sets to the last three months, three of the five topics in the Silent Doubles forum look to be started in questionable taste with arguably no provocation. Many on topic threads get thumbed in the eye with an anti conservative pundit or anti current President comment that comes out of left field. Some posts are repulsive, some are calm and collected counselling about the inevitability of the 'will of the people', some are near real time copy and paste of the latest left wing political talking points.

No, I don't think you're dead wrong.

I must say I hadn't visited the Silent Doubles forum for many many months. More repulsive and divisive behavior. Serious trolling.

Craig, an objective examination of the site would indicate that it is an incredibly small number of people who operate outside the normal bounds of decency. It's not a problem of trying to accommodate "individual preferences". It's two or three people who consistently and with malice aforethought drag the place down.

Keith isn't defending anything.
NCA isn't making any serious point.
RMB isn't converting anyone.
And jOe certainly isn't making any friends. LOL

Most of us....the vast majority, are tired of being subjected to their ruination of threads and the site. I'll say it again. It's not about political viewpoint. It's about conduct. I notice you can be in agreement with just about everything Keith professes to stand for. You can engage the same people on the same subjects as Keith. But I don't see you stooping to Keith's repulsive behavior.

It's about conduct that supports the site.
Posted By: old colonel Re: Enough - 08/25/20 01:40 PM
Craig is spot on the misuse of Silent Doubles by NCA225 was flat wrong and disingenuous to an extreme. It only spawned more nastiness.
Posted By: old colonel Re: Enough - 08/25/20 02:00 PM

Tim

Curious concept on your part. While I believe this board would be better served to ban politics or create a separate area for it, Dave has not done that. He has created much more a free speech zone with rules on Conduct.

You solution in this free speech zone is that of a left wing cancel culture oppressor; Silence those whose disagree with you. It is philosophically inconsistent to stand proudly for the 2nd Amendment while denying the first.

While I concur there are left wing posters whose views are irritating, views alone though wrong on a free speech board do not justify the ignoring of the rules of conduct. I actually have at least one poster on the ignore feature as his posts are sub par.

Tim, your view that on other boards politics is rarely brought up Is correct in a way. It is correct because many, maybe most, ban or seriously limit political discussions. If that is the environment you want go there and stay there, or lobby Dave to change the rules to match those boards.

While I disagree with left wing political views I believe I am capable of arguing against them without violating our boards rules, I wish all could.

Lastly the real value of this board is double gun knowledge, it would not upset me if Misfires came back, or politics get banned for a time.
Posted By: old colonel Re: Enough - 08/25/20 02:33 PM
Returning to the beginning of this thread

Unfortunately without enforcement, misconduct against the board rules will proliferate. Appealing to better angels has proven hopeless.

Rather than be banned it would be far better those banned obey board rules and post positively on this board. I believe banning is not a good thing and to be avoided if at all possible.

Funny how Keith’s attacks in violation of board rules did not breed a moderator response, At least one we could see, but when responded to in kind, it did. Sad that Keith was not corrected sooner, or more often. Unfortunately Keith is not unique in his violation of board rules. There are others who did not get banned, but it is likely because they were not involved in that particular melee or they would have been banned for a time as well.

Maybe we should thank SDH for not taking it anymore? His sacrifice resulted in Keith’s absence.

As to the discussion of SDH’s now deleted posting, I do not believe the post was fully true, in fact I think it a good bit of it tongue and cheek baiting rather than fact. It appears more designed to bait, likely in retribution for insults delivered from Keith. Hardly surprising given Keith regular baiting attacks and further the vile nature of many of his insults. Some kernels of truth? Likely, but all true ?

While I may have no affection for Keith I doubt he is completely as described.

It is not in SDH’s post we find the best description of Keith; it is found in reading Keith’s posts, his own words Best Demonstrate the person he is.

https://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubb...3331#Post563331

Ultimately it is better to appeal to abiding by our board’s rule by all:

Originally Posted By: FAQ What are the rules of conduct for the forum?

Considering the real-time nature of this message board, it is impossible for us to review messages or confirm the validity of information posted. Please remember that we do not actively monitor the contents of posted messages and are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this BB or any entity associated with this BB. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary. This is a manual process, however, so please realize that we may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately. You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this BB to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law. You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyrighted material is owned by you. Although we do not and cannot review the messages posted and are not responsible for the content of any of these messages, we reserve the right to delete any message for any reason whatsoever. You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold us harmless with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message array(s).We reserve the right to reveal your identity array (or whatever information we know about you) in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any message posted by you. Participation is at your own risk and judgment.
Posted By: Tim in PA Re: Enough - 08/25/20 03:01 PM
No, it's not curious on my part. If this is a free speech zone, threads wouldn't get locked or deleted, and no one would be banned. Dave decides what goes and what doesn't.

The only cancel culture here is those wanting Keith canceled. I don't care if Dave bans political conversation or not, I'm not threatened by people too stupid to string two ideas together and realize they're sawing off the branch they're sitting on. But if you want a polite board that focuses on doubles, then people need to keep their left wing ideas to themselves. The plain simple reality, is this, let the leftists troll the board, and this is where it will end up.

And Canvasback, I'm not wrong, if everyone knows politics and guns are connected, no one here would advocate for electing democrats and no one would tolerate that kind of trolling. Which obviously isn't the case.

Tim
Posted By: canvasback Re: Enough - 08/25/20 03:26 PM
Tim what you fail to realize is not everyone is a single issue voter. Many of us are but many aren't. Many people (whether you agree with their choices or not is immaterial) hold seemingly contradictory ideas. Millions of people make short term choices of expediency that ultimately sacrifice some long term outcomes they may wish to have.

Getting in the gutter to promote adherence to one's beliefs, and that's all they are...... beliefs, rarely advances one's cause. There are many ways Keith could be making a far greater contribution to protecting Americans' right to bear arms than polluting this site. That's a choice he makes.
Posted By: nca225 Re: Enough - 08/25/20 03:34 PM
The only cancel culture here is those wanting Keith canceled. I don't care if Dave bans political conversation or not, I'm not threatened by people too stupid to string two ideas together and realize they're sawing off the branch they're sitting on. But if you want a polite board that focuses on doubles, then people need to keep their left wing ideas to themselves. The plain simple reality, is this, let the leftists troll the board, and this is where it will end up

That is an amazing amount of burden shifting going on here.

All of the onus to behave is on the lefty democrats to "behave" and better make sure not one of them mention something that could upset your sensitive ears.

I have to admit, that sounds a lot like what I heard around here over a year before about letting african americans partake at a "public" beach (featuring a bunch of trump signs) in the south, that they were welcomed so long as they behaved, treated the white women properly and didn't swear.

You may want to reflect a minute on why you think your getting "trolled" and what exactly that "trolling" is.

And frankly, if you think being confronted with facts and truth is trolling, well then, there is not much more that could be said about that.
Posted By: old colonel Re: Enough - 08/25/20 03:37 PM
No, it's not curious on my part. If this is a free speech zone, threads wouldn't get locked or deleted, and no one would be banned. Dave decides what goes and what doesn't.

The only cancel culture here is those wanting Keith canceled. I don't care if Dave bans political conversation or not, I'm not threatened by people too stupid to string two ideas together and realize they're sawing off the branch they're sitting on. But if you want a polite board that focuses on doubles, then people need to keep their left wing ideas to themselves. The plain simple reality, is this, let the leftists troll the board, and this is where it will end up.

And Canvasback, I'm not wrong, if everyone knows politics and guns are connected, no one here would advocate for electing democrats and no one would tolerate that kind of trolling. Which obviously isn't the case.

Tim

Tim, Free speech it is, within the board’s rules of conduct. Yes Dave decides, and you agreed to that when you joined the board. Read the rules.

I do not argue for the cancelling of Keith or anyone else. While you are correct others are sick of his attack posts, plus Sick of a couple of other posters too.

You argued that free speech is appropriate for those you agree with, but others be silent.

I argue for adherence to the rules in word and spirit.

Are you really so afraid that a couple of left leaning posters exist that we have to disregard the boards stated rules and hound them from the website?
Posted By: pamtnman Re: Enough - 08/25/20 03:53 PM
Been following this thread and happily never experienced any of the unpleasant behavior. The one or two off-topic things that Keith posted I just ignored. I would like to thank all of the awesome guys here for helping me with technical knowledge over the years. That is what I come here for, and I try to freely and cheerfully give what I know, as well.
Rush's radio show is about to come on the air, so I gotta go, because I rarely miss the first hour. Everyone have a great day!
Posted By: Tim in PA Re: Enough - 08/25/20 05:45 PM
Michael, what is so difficult about my last post that you mischaracterize what I said?

1) it's not free speech, it's speech allowed to whatever extent Dave allows

2) I am not afraid, nor am I threatened by left-wing BS

I will try to explain this as well as I can since you don't seem to get it. This is not a public forum, it's private, Dave can let in who he likes, and boot anyone he doesn't, you have no first amendment rights. You want a polite civil board, then people need to act politely and civilly, and that means no trolling.

If you were invited to the mixed-race wedding of a close relative, and one of the guests, a closet white supremacist, started running his mouth about how this whole marriage was wrong and an insult to humanity, would you find that very polite or civil? No, and neither would I. I would expect you would be helping that individual to the door. Or would you be defending his right to speak freely, and questioning why the wedding party is afraid of what he is saying?

So, here's the reality. That's no different than what is going on here. If some leftist wants to advance their political agenda (troll) on a gun board, someone is going to respond. Which will lead to a "discussion", someone is going to be in a bad mood, tensions will rise, and aggression will escalate, and here we are.

When the fight breaks out, insults are thrown and threats are being made, you can stand on a chair waving a handkerchief, and ask why we can't all be friends, but it's too late.

Politeness, courtesy and civility, yes, that means not insulting and threatening people. Treat someone you're arguing with like you would treat your grandmother. It's not hard to act civilized. But that also means, don't deliberately provoke people. Pushing anti-gun politics on a gun board is provoking people. If you don't want your arm broken, don't stick your finger in someone's eye.

I don't care if the fighting continues or ends, I can ignore what I don't like, but if you want to civility, the provocations that started this need to end. Courtesy. The folks on the left can show some courtesy by keeping their political opinions to themselves, and the folks on the right can extend that courtesy by disregarding their left wing political leanings and treat them like fellow Christians (if you're not Christian, no offense, sincerely, was intended). We need silence on both sides of this debate.

Tim
Posted By: canvasback Re: Enough - 08/25/20 06:05 PM
Tim, your post addressing Michael is all well and good....lots in there that makes sense. Except one thing.

I'm no left wing troll. Michael is no left wing troll. Dr Drew is no left wing troll. There are many more of Keith's targets who are not left wing and who don't troll. All I did was ask Keith to rein in his worst instincts when attacking people, first and for a long time in private as we did have a relationship and finally in public. A profound crime and double cross in Keith's mind.

I look at threads in the single barrel forums on occasion, where RMB and SKB post regularly. Not a hint of left wing garbage...just discussion germane to the topic. Keith enters the forum unprovoked and attacks. I'll say it again.....you aren't looking at the reality of what goes on.
Posted By: Konor3inch Re: Enough - 08/25/20 06:14 PM
Would it be so hard for folks on the left and right to show some courtesy and both leave their politics at the door. I thought that it was meant to be a double gun forum after all not a political platform
Posted By: craigd Re: Enough - 08/25/20 06:26 PM
....That is an amazing amount of burden shifting going on here.

All of the onus to behave is on the lefty democrats to "behave" and better make sure not one of them mention something that could upset your sensitive ears.

I have to admit, that sounds a lot like what I heard around here over a year before about letting african americans partake at a "public" beach (featuring a bunch of trump signs) in the south, that they were welcomed so long as they behaved, treated the white women properly and didn't swear.

You may want to reflect a minute on why you think your getting "trolled" and what exactly that "trolling" is.

And frankly, if you think being confronted with facts and truth is trolling, well then, there is not much more that could be said about that.

Uh oh, it is woke and has been victimized. At great risk of being shredded by progressive talking points I’ll ask, why are you checking out the fellows at the beach?
Posted By: nca225 Re: Enough - 08/25/20 07:11 PM
As per usual. Nothing of substance to respond to save for the obvious about who really is feeling victimized but, by all means, spin away!
Posted By: Tim in PA Re: Enough - 08/25/20 07:22 PM
I am looking at the reality. Yes, Keith is a distraction, and his behavior, to describe politely and understatedly, is rather poor. I've already said it can be repulsive, or didn't you read that? But the reality, is that left wing trolling, created the monster known as Keith. I never said you, Drew, or Michael were left wing trolls. As you admitted, and I'm not blaming you, you and him got sideways, indirectly, over political spats, as did Drew and Michael, unless I'm mistaken. Unfortunately, Keith has little self-control and doesn't see the consequences of his actions.

Fights bring out the worst in people, and unfortunately, some people have a large reservoir of bad intent to draw upon. Keith has plenty. But again, if certain individuals had exercised some courtesy and not yelled (racial slur of your choice) at a mixed-race wedding, none of this would have happened.

If you, and Drew, and Michael, and everyone who agrees with you, petitioned Dave to erase ALL posts by RMB, or NCA, or King, whenever they started dispensing their political wisdom, they would get the idea and leave their trolling at home. And the same could be done to Keith whenever he starts a personal attack, and he would learn to play nice. And you would have civility.

But if you are going to focus on Keith because of your personal history, and ignore the trolling that created this, I don't know what to say.

Tim
Posted By: Tim in PA Re: Enough - 08/25/20 07:50 PM
The only cancel culture here is those wanting Keith canceled. I don't care if Dave bans political conversation or not, I'm not threatened by people too stupid to string two ideas together and realize they're sawing off the branch they're sitting on. But if you want a polite board that focuses on doubles, then people need to keep their left wing ideas to themselves. The plain simple reality, is this, let the leftists troll the board, and this is where it will end up

That is an amazing amount of burden shifting going on here.

If I were going to go on a fishing forum, populated primarily by liberals, I would keep my right wing facts and truths to myself. Its good behavior not to antagonize your companions.

Apparently, it's a liberal illness to feel you need to insert yourself into a group of conservatives, and spew misinformation in the quest to convert them into intolerant, hypocritical, authoritarian comrades. It seems that all you ever post is anger and bile, are you really that delusional that you think you are accomplishing something?

Tim
Posted By: old colonel Re: Enough - 08/25/20 08:00 PM
Michael, what is so difficult about my last post that you mischaracterize what I said?

I will try to explain this as well as I can since you don't seem to get it. This is not a public forum, it's private, Dave can let in who he likes, and boot anyone he doesn't, you have no first amendment rights. You want a polite civil board, then people need to act politely and civilly, and that means no trolling.

If you were invited to the mixed-race wedding of a close relative, and one of the guests, a closet white supremacist, started running his mouth about how this whole marriage was wrong and an insult to humanity, would you find that very polite or civil? No, and neither would I. I would expect you would be helping that individual to the door. Or would you be defending his right to speak freely, and questioning why the wedding party is afraid of what he is saying?

So, here's the reality. That's no different than what is going on here. If some leftist wants to advance their political agenda (troll) on a gun board, someone is going to respond. Which will lead to a "discussion", someone is going to be in a bad mood, tensions will rise, and aggression will escalate, and here we are.

When the fight breaks out, insults are thrown and threats are being made, you can stand on a chair waving a handkerchief, and ask why we can't all be friends, but it's too late.

Politeness, courtesy and civility, yes, that means not insulting and threatening people. Treat someone you're arguing with like you would treat your grandmother. It's not hard to act civilized. But that also means, don't deliberately provoke people. Pushing anti-gun politics on a gun board is provoking people. If you don't want your arm broken, don't stick your finger in someone's eye.

I don't care if the fighting continues or ends, I can ignore what I don't like, but if you want to civility, the provocations that started this need to end. Courtesy. The folks on the left can show some courtesy by keeping their political opinions to themselves, and the folks on the right can extend that courtesy by disregarding their left wing political leanings and treat them like fellow Christians (if you're not Christian, no offense, sincerely, was intended). We need silence on both sides of this debate.

Tim

You believe I don’t get it. I discern you do not see the implication of the “safe space” you believe you should be entitled to. Explicit in your post is that liberals should not post their ideas here. Your reasoning is classic cancel culture. You do not see it that way, but that is how I read it.

Unfortunately unlike you there are some who appear to be afraid of left-wing BS. That is shown by vitriol generated.

We appear to agree it is useless to argue politics here, however you seem to think speaking the liberal view is bad manners that should be self-censored, did I misunderstand that?

While I believe the possibility of conversion is zero, I believe differences can be politely discussed.

While we appear to agree that violation of the board’s rules for postings is wrong, we do not seem agree on the nature of the site. I see it as allowing for more freedom than you. I am ok with that, the world would be dull if were zero differences. I can see why you think the way you do.

I doubt silence from both sides of the divide will occur under the current board rules. It would not kill me if Dave brought back misfires for the duration of the campaign season, or even requested we do as other boards avoid politics till After the election.

I believe it is possible for people on this board to get along if they choose to.
Posted By: old colonel Re: Enough - 08/25/20 08:12 PM

........If you, and Drew, and Michael, and everyone who agrees with you, petitioned Dave to erase ALL posts by RMB, or NCA, or King, whenever they started dispensing their political wisdom, they would get the idea and leave their trolling at home. And the same could be done to Keith whenever he starts a personal attack, and he would learn to play nice. And you would have civility.........

So Keith gets his way? While I have. No issue of the removal of posts which violate website rules, your suggestion is to remove that which you politically disagree with.

I can see how since you seem to believe this board to be a pro-gun conservative only preserve that may make sense to you, I disagree.

I am comfortable enough with my knowledge of the world that I can react to opposing views without intellectual cleansing.

While you seem to oppose Keith’s methods, you seem to support his seeming end state.
Posted By: canvasback Re: Enough - 08/25/20 08:21 PM
I am looking at the reality. Yes, Keith is a distraction, and his behavior, to describe politely and understatedly, is rather poor. I've already said it can be repulsive, or didn't you read that? But the reality, is that left wing trolling, created the monster known as Keith. I never said you, Drew, or Michael were left wing trolls. As you admitted, and I'm not blaming you, you and him got sideways, indirectly, over political spats, as did Drew and Michael, unless I'm mistaken. Unfortunately, Keith has little self-control and doesn't see the consequences of his actions.

Fights bring out the worst in people, and unfortunately, some people have a large reservoir of bad intent to draw upon. Keith has plenty. But again, if certain individuals had exercised some courtesy and not yelled (racial slur of your choice) at a mixed-race wedding, none of this would have happened.

If you, and Drew, and Michael, and everyone who agrees with you, petitioned Dave to erase ALL posts by RMB, or NCA, or King, whenever they started dispensing their political wisdom, they would get the idea and leave their trolling at home. And the same could be done to Keith whenever he starts a personal attack, and he would learn to play nice. And you would have civility.

But if you are going to focus on Keith because of your personal history, and ignore the trolling that created this, I don't know what to say.

Tim

Tim, no reason for you have followed the personal history between Keith and I. However, you have it backwards. My comments today, 6 months ago and 2 years ago regarding Keith are the same. They are the same as when we had a relationship. I have asked him many times to rein it in. I don't have a hate on for him, as he has for me. I don't particularly care about what he thinks of me. What I care about is having a vibrant Double Gun forum that discusses guns and related subject, that attracts the best and most knowledgeable double gun enthusiasts from across the world. Keith is, because of his conduct here, the single biggest obstacle to that.

By being explicit about that and am not cowed by his personal attacks on me, I have exacerbated his ire to an irrational level.
Posted By: nca225 Re: Enough - 08/25/20 08:21 PM
Originally Posted By: old colonel

You believe I don’t get it. I discern you do not see the implication of the “safe space” you believe you should be entitled to. Explicit in your post is that liberals should not post their ideas here. Your reasoning is classic cancel culture. You do not see it that way, but that is how I read it.

notwithstanding that old colonel has been very disappointed in my take on things as of late, you fellows that feel incensed by the likes of a liberal would do well to listen to listen to him.

old colonel is sharp as a tack and doesn't miss much.
Posted By: craigd Re: Enough - 08/25/20 08:31 PM
....While you seem to oppose Keith’s methods, you seem to support his seeming end state.

OC, I think you do too? Regardless of feelings, this is an America of ends justifying the means. Clearly, an nca gladly approves, through his vote, of the many months of looting and rioting, and the politicians who enable it. What does that have to do with the forum, nothing, other than it is offensive to watch a law enforcement officer get ‘bricked’ on TV and cheers follow. I can get silly and say keith bricked the forum, gently, or just keep knowing for myself that the times they are a changing.
Posted By: Tim in PA Re: Enough - 08/25/20 08:44 PM

Tim

Unfortunately unlike you there are some who appear to be afraid of left-wing BS. That is shown by vitriol generated.

We appear to agree it is useless to argue politics here, however you seem to think speaking the liberal view is bad manners that should be self-censored, did I misunderstand that?

While I believe the possibility of conversion is zero, I believe differences can be politely discussed.

While we appear to agree that violation of the board’s rules for postings is wrong, we do not seem agree on the nature of the site. I see it as allowing for more freedom than you. I am ok with that, the world would be dull if were zero differences. I can see why you think the way you do.

I doubt silence from both sides of the divide will occur under the current board rules. It would not kill me if Dave brought back misfires for the duration of the campaign season, or even requested we do as other boards avoid politics till After the election.

I believe it is possible for people on this board to get along if they choose to.

Sorry, but you're not reading what I posted. I neither need, nor want a safe space. There is nothing, anyone on this board can say, that will hurt my feelings. And if the trolling and fighting continue, I don't care, I can live with it. And no, this isn't classic cancel culture because this is not the proper forum for discussing political differences.

But you, you, want civility. And as long as people are allowed to provoke, (unintentionally, maliciously or otherwise) other members of this board, you, will be denied your civility.

And apparently, considering the constant requests for posting to stay on topic, people (other than me) are looking for a safe space. You want to give people the freedom to poke other people in the eye, but you don't want the grief that follows.

Tim
Posted By: old colonel Re: Enough - 08/25/20 09:09 PM
You are correct you did not say safe space, however your position that someone with Views you disagree with should have the good manners not to post them when those views are neither illegal nor immoral, but political difference amount to the exact thing. That is the very thing the cancel culture seeks to do, silence.

You may not see it that way, but I cannot see it any other way.

We just have remain in disagreement.

No I do not see asking for people to stay on topic as wrong.

I am not encouraging violent discussion, I am saying disagreement does not require disrespect. I can completely disagree with King Brown or others and not call him vulgar names etc.

Your solution that the minimal few on this board who believe differently than you on politics are the Problem and they should remain silent is wrong. I like you may believe their views are erroneous, but somehow I am able to avoid the lows some others, not you, take.

The problem is posters (more than just Keith) who do not obey the boards rules, which allow a fair amount of room to disagree without being disgusting.

I believe civility is possible, though unlikely without active webmaster support.
Posted By: Tim in PA Re: Enough - 08/26/20 12:39 AM
You are correct you did not say safe space, however your position that someone with Views you disagree with should have the good manners not to post them when those views are neither illegal nor immoral, but political difference amount to the exact thing. That is the very thing the cancel culture seeks to do, silence.

This is my last post and I'm done with this. There's a difference between tossing an idea up for debate and provoking people. There are forums set up for discussion, and forums set up for debate.

I used to visit a religion forum. As a Christian, I went there expecting to encounter atheists, pagans, spiritualists, etc. It was a debate forum, people of different beliefs debating truth. Disagreement was expected, I didn't want people withholding opinions, I wanted to face the hard questions. I looked at my beliefs, answered the questions, and came away a stronger Christian for it.

This is a discussion forum, people come here because they have common interests, not to debate their differences. You yourself spoke of the "minimal few" with political differences from me. That would mean the vast majority of this board agrees with me politically, no?
That makes the "minimal few" the racist at the wedding. So, in the interest of civility, they should have the courtesy not to promote politics that are hostile to our 2nd amendment rights. Obama, Hillary, Beto and Kamala are fighting words to some people.

If you still don't get it, I would suggest you visit the Silent Doubles forum and reread the posts there. For someone who appreciates healthy political discourse, you seemed a bit ruffled. In fact, you were upset Dave didn't censor NCA over it. I thought the free exchange of opinions is a good thing. I guess not when it's your eye getting poked. And as far as that forum goes, I agree with you 100%, that was despicable, it was a poke in the eye of anyone with a shred of decency. But if you let malcontents run around breaking windows in this forum, they'll do it everywhere. You let left wing goblins run around unfettered on a right wing website and turmoil will follow.

You disagree with me, but then you say civility is only possible with webmaster support. Webmaster support is just another way to say censorship. I don't want a safe space, you do, you just want it to be safe to your sensibilities. When I say people need to filter their thoughts out of courtesy, it's for your benefit, not mine.

Tim
Posted By: old colonel Re: Enough - 08/26/20 12:52 AM
I believe we actually have more in common than in opposition. However we do have some fundamental differences.

In spite of that, I still respect your position and continue to wish you well and many more posts.
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: Enough - 08/26/20 02:03 AM

https://youtu.be/mlVtuuh_dbY

Posted By: simcgunner Re: Enough - 08/26/20 12:59 PM
Damn a team from Florida beats the Bruins to canned cheers.The world is ending.
Posted By: Woodreaux Re: Enough - 08/26/20 01:12 PM
Late to the party, but I'll chime in as one more thanks to Dave for putting some force behind the rules. A few turds can certainly ruin a lot of good punch.

It seems that the responsibility of the members of the forum will be to help Dave monitor the offensive nonsense by reporting posts as they come up.

Hopefully, the option of suspending a member will mean fewer posts get locked in the midst of discussion. And also that fewer will be ruined by people who, as far as I can tell, have less interest in sharing information and experience than they do in entertaining themselves with insults and foolishness.
Posted By: Geo. Newbern Re: Enough - 08/27/20 03:28 PM
Things are looking up. Two months and both political and riot seasons will be over...Geo
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Enough - 08/31/20 11:03 AM
The battle for America won't be that easily won George.
Posted By: DoubleTake Re: Enough - 08/31/20 11:06 AM
The battle for America won't be that easily won George.

The battle for keeping this place about doubles would be won if trolls like you were banned permanently.
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Enough - 08/31/20 11:10 AM
The way I see it you just personally attacked me....

The troll shoe fits you big boy.
Posted By: DoubleTake Re: Enough - 08/31/20 11:15 AM
Need a band aid?
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Enough - 08/31/20 11:28 AM
Actually I'm fine...

I've survived many a troll attack on here.
Posted By: Chantry Re: Enough - 08/31/20 02:42 PM
The best way to deal with the trolls here is to put them on ignore so you no longer see what they are saying.

After I put Homelessjoe and some others on ignore, the forum became far more pleasant.
Posted By: eightbore Re: Enough - 09/03/20 04:58 PM
I'm sure it's been said several times on this thread, either in plain words or inuendo, but here it is. There is no excuse for anyone to show respect for or vote for anyone who attempts to take guns away from honest citizens for any reason. Politicians from the democratic party have lied and said that they don't want to take guns away from honest citizens and others have more recently admitted that they want to take guns away from honest citizens. Some of our posters have admitted allegience with these polititians. Why would these posters vote or express allegience with someone who would take their guns away? One issue voters on the gun confiscation issue are to be respected by gun owners and not to be respected on this site.
Posted By: eightbore Re: Enough - 09/03/20 04:59 PM
I'm sure it's been said several times on this thread, either in plain words or inuendo, but here it is. There is no excuse for anyone to show respect for or vote for anyone who attempts to take guns away from honest citizens for any reason. Politicians from the democratic party have lied and said that they don't want to take guns away from honest citizens and others have more recently admitted that they do want to take guns away from honest citizens. Some of our posters have admitted allegiance with these politicians. Why would these posters vote for or express allegiance with someone who would take their guns away? One issue voters on the gun confiscation issue are to be respected by gun owners and not to be respected on this site.
Posted By: Geo. Newbern Re: Enough - 09/03/20 06:12 PM
Eightbore has it right in his double post above, but that point of common sense is not the point of this thread. Respect one another and don't get all crazy about anything; it's just an old men's chatroom...Geo
Posted By: gunsaholic Re: Enough - 09/03/20 06:26 PM
Originally Posted By: Chantry
The best way to deal with the trolls here is to put them on ignore so you no longer see what they are saying.

After I put Homelessjoe and some others on ignore, the forum became far more pleasant.

That doesn't work. That only prevents you from seeing the original garbage the trolls post. In many threads you still end up reading pages of trash that end up being in the posts of others who responded to the trolls or were victims of the trolls. As often happens, the original thread becomes useless.
Posted By: craigd Re: Enough - 09/03/20 06:40 PM
I believe some of us see life as far beyond one issue, and I don’t suspect it matters much to have a reason as to why someone would vote the way they do. It is not the worst thing in the world to have some awareness of what’s going on around the neighborhood.
Posted By: graybeardtmm3 Re: Enough - 09/03/20 08:34 PM
+1....amen brother...
Posted By: canvasback Re: Enough - 09/03/20 09:59 PM
Eightbore has it right in his double post above, but that point of common sense is not the point of this thread. Respect one another and don't get all crazy about anything; it's just an old men's chatroom...Geo

Hey! Who are you calling old?? laugh
Posted By: old colonel Re: Enough - 09/04/20 02:18 AM
Originally Posted By: gunsaholic

That doesn't work. That only prevents you from seeing the original garbage the trolls post. In many threads you still end up reading pages of trash that end up being in the posts of others who responded to the trolls or were victims of the trolls. As often happens, the original thread becomes useless.

Without an overwhelming adoption of ignore of a select group of negative miscreants of right and left along with a pledge to give no reply to the posts that entire group it would fail.

If six or so repetitive miscreants were chosen through acclaim of their lack of Adherence to the board’s rules and spirit it would be good, however like Chantry I doubt any likelihood of success, we have only paused the nastiness.
Posted By: BrentD, Prof Re: Enough - 09/04/20 02:25 AM
Originally Posted By: gunsaholic

Without an overwhelming adoption of ignore of a select group of negative miscreants of right and left along with a pledge to give no reply to the posts that entire group it would fail.

If six or so repetitive miscreants were chosen through acclaim of their lack of Adherence to the board’s rules and spirit it would be good, however like Chantry I doubt any likelihood of success, we have only paused the nastiness.

Mike,
"We" did not pause anything. Dave did. Whether it works or not depends on what he does in about 2 weeks.

He got a lot of support, thanks, and some cash for his recent actions. A few more of those kinds of actions and he may have the problem corrected. Showing that he means it with respect to the rules will solve the problem, as it does on other boards.

If that happens, and we reward him with cash donations, things could be much better going forward. Only time will tell, but I choose to be optimistic.
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Enough - 09/04/20 11:17 AM
prOfessor Brent I thought you gots banned.

I noticed your talking about rewards and making lots of cash...

How much did you pay to get back on here Brently ?
Posted By: Bob Cash Re: Enough - 09/04/20 11:52 AM

When it comes to cleaning up this board and draining our swamp, Maxwell Smart would tell Dave, "Missed it by that much".

Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Enough - 09/04/20 11:59 AM
Ol'bOb...you've made some really nasty posts on this forum Bobby.

Maxwell Smart would probabaly tell you to stop sticking your nose up everyone's dAiry air and you wouldn't have such chit breath...
Posted By: Bob Cash Re: Enough - 09/04/20 01:48 PM
Posted By: Geo. Newbern Re: Enough - 09/04/20 03:26 PM
Ol'bOb...you've made some really nasty posts on this forum Bobby.

Maxwell Smart would probabaly tell you to stop sticking your nose up everyone's dAiry air and you wouldn't have such chit breath...

Only hoJo would troll the banishment thread...Geo
Posted By: craigd Re: Enough - 09/04/20 03:35 PM
Only?
Posted By: Chukarman Re: Enough - 09/05/20 02:49 AM
The firmer the hand, the better the behaviour. Thank, Dave!
Posted By: Argo44 Re: Enough - 09/05/20 03:17 AM
Deleted. Frank can stew in his own bile.
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Enough - 09/05/20 01:27 PM

I guess you're just jig fishing...
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Enough - 09/05/20 01:30 PM
Originally Posted By: Argo44
Deleted. Frank can stew in his own bile.

Looks like eYe snagged me one of them Alabama sucker fishes....
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: Enough - 09/05/20 02:13 PM

I guess you're just jig fishing...

Fly. Geo’s a gentleman.

Surprised this hockey thread isn’t locked yet.

Posted By: Pete Re: Enough - 09/05/20 05:16 PM
Good to see SDH (Steven Dodd Hughes) is banned even if only for a month.

Maybe I'll check in more often now.
Posted By: Geo. Newbern Re: Enough - 09/05/20 06:46 PM
A lot of us have been participating here for 20 years or more. It is hard to keep up with all the on-going feuds. Oh well, not much to a man can't hold a grudge is what I always say...Geo
Posted By: old colonel Re: Enough - 09/06/20 03:53 AM
A lot of us have been participating here for 20 years or more. It is hard to keep up with all the on-going feuds. Oh well, not much to a man can't hold a grudge is what I always say...Geo

Feuds are profitable to no one, as are grudges.
Posted By: Geo. Newbern Re: Enough - 09/06/20 01:01 PM

Feuds are profitable to no one, as are grudges.

Old Colonel, you clearly have a better outlook on humanity than my own...Geo
Posted By: Pete Re: Enough - 09/08/20 02:04 AM
There is a large number of seriously flawed people in the world. When they repeatedly prove themselves to be of this type, it is only prudent to dump them into the trash heap of obscurity.
Posted By: ed good Re: Enough - 09/08/20 01:13 PM
gee pete: you soun like sum kinda ah nah zee...
Posted By: eightbore Re: Enough - 09/08/20 01:37 PM
When involved in a feud, it is wise to look to the other guy for some participation in the resolution. When involved in a feud with a fool, that second party participation in the resolution is seldom seen.
Posted By: BrentD, Prof Re: Enough - 09/08/20 02:53 PM
have you often been involved in a feud where the other person wasn't a fool?

The solution is darn simple but it's Dave's to make it happen or not.
Posted By: ed good Re: Enough - 09/08/20 04:35 PM
one person's fool, is anutters idle...

consider jfk fur example...
Posted By: BrentD, Prof Re: Enough - 09/08/20 04:49 PM
I can only shake me head.
Posted By: craigd Re: Enough - 09/08/20 05:21 PM
I suspect it is foolish to take things personally, but the message might be worth some consideration.
Posted By: Mills Re: Enough - 09/08/20 07:02 PM
"Take the wind out of their sails and they fold." That was advice given me by a mentor on how to handle "pot" stirrers and it has served me well.

On the other hand . . . live a little. Watching people who need it get triggered is a great pleasure in life.
Posted By: ed good Re: Enough - 09/08/20 08:54 PM
like win we was kids an dug ah hole in the sand...

an den put two of most any thang in der an watch erm fight...
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com