doublegunshop.com - home
I took some pictures with my phone but could not send them to my computer so I will try and ask for some help on identifying this Model 100 20 ga. 32" single barrel that has no name and only has a few markings. Serial number 68818. Marking on barrel water table has three broken circles with an H in it. Below that is a tulip with BP in the center and below the stem FC. Below that is 75mm which is close to 3" and is the chamber length.
Funny thing is a 20 shells will go in and stop at the head piece of a Remington hull. I miked the chamber mouth at .691 and the Remington miked .698 at the head. The chamber tapered and 2" in was .678 which is ok the hull went in that far 2 3/4" hull. The muzzle end miked at .593 which I believe is typical for a 20 ga.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/D0ksWDi.jpg?1[/img]
[img]https://i.imgur.com/PEWOA8K.jpg?1[/img]
[img]https://i.imgur.com/rQG50Zi.jpg?1[/img]
I'll give her a go...

From the pictures I see it's a model 100....

I can also surmise it's a lower quality gun.

I can only imagine the quality of the previous 99 models
Thanks jOe, mainly interested in markings to find out where it comes from and any information. Your comments were up to par for you.
Appears to be a Miroku single shot.
Thanks for the information Saskbooknut. Still waiting to see if someone can identify the markings.
Posted By: crs Re: Help identifying gun, now with pictures - 08/24/20 01:25 PM
David,
Please consider using the Standard Directory of Proof Marks handbook to pursue your quest.

https://www.amazon.com/Standard-Directory-Proof-Marks-Wirnsberger/dp/089149006X
CRS thanks, I have been looking at many different web sites for markings and so far nothing. This gun belongs to a friend of mine and I thought I would try and get information for him.
I like single shots and I like the gun you posted the pic of. I suspected Japanese manufacture from the flower proof mark. Miroku doesn't surprise me. Nice engraving...Geo
George, it is a nice looking gun, and I am still trying to figure out why a 20 gauge shell will not fit. Nice looking wood, with a schnabel for-end. checking is pretty nice. It is an interesting gun especially a 20 gauge with a 32" barrel.
Posted By: pod Re: Help identifying gun, now with pictures - 08/24/20 04:27 PM
how about a 32 gauge?
Posted By: skeettx Re: Help identifying gun, now with pictures - 08/24/20 05:36 PM
To show your pictures I just removed the ?1 from your strings
Mike

pod, It states 20 gauge on side of barrel.
Mike thanks, wasn't sure how to post from Imgur. When I used Photbucket it put the picture in the post.
I will remember that. Again thanks.
Posted By: skeettx Re: Help identifying gun, now with pictures - 08/24/20 06:40 PM
Good,

now as to chamber, I would say 20 gauge and have been mostly
fired with 2 3/4 ammo. May be a carbon ring in the chamber.
Clean the chamber REALLY well and then try a 3" cartridge again
to see if it clunks smile

I would say the 75mm chamber is a good tip.

My Krieghoff K-32 does have 75 mm 28 gauge chambers
but other 28 gauge 3" guns are not common.

Mike
Posted By: KY Jon Re: Help identifying gun, now with pictures - 08/24/20 06:53 PM
Your shell was .007 larger than your chamber. Either a tight chamber, a dirty chamber or a bit oversized shell. Did you try a Winchester shell? Some of the Remington GunClub shells run a bit oversized and the steel rim will not just move enough to seat.
I'd say it's of Asian origin, purely based on the engraving. I cannot say why but I know it when I see it.
Originally Posted By: KY Jon
Your shell was .007 larger than your chamber. Either a tight chamber, a dirty chamber or a bit oversized shell. Did you try a Winchester shell? Some of the Remington GunClub shells run a bit oversized and the steel rim will not just move enough to seat.

That's true.

I've measured Gun Club shells at SAAMI max head diameter right out of the new box.
Posted By: skeettx Re: Help identifying gun, now with pictures - 08/24/20 07:38 PM
https://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=114769
Hammergun thanks.
The chamber was measured with a telescoping gage, I put it in at an angle and then tightened and moved it to the rim of the chamber next to the extractor and it measured .691-692 a few times. I used a Shurshot Remington hull and like I stated that miked .698. My friend tried new RST 20 ga. hulls and Winchesters.
The chamber is clean, the hull went in smoothly till it came to the brass and stopped.
Mike, thanks for the link to Shotgun World. That guns looks identical to my friends, except no mention of "My Luck" on it. The "My Luck" gun might have had nicer engraving and I think he said a nickel finish.
The gun shown on Shotgun World also had 3 pins on the side of the receiver, this one has only 2. The breech ball is cut the same on both. One with the three pins could be a little newer. Gun weighs 5 lbs 15.4 ozs. with those long 32" barrels. I too believe that FC could be Full Choke going by my measurements.

Mike I also noticed that the one gun posted from Photobucket and hard to see, but showed the barrel with a single lug, my friends has a double lug.

That gentleman that started the post also stated "the barrel has a short swamped rib that serves to line up the front bead." This one has the same type rib as the ones in the picture from Caerlonie (New Zealand)
I missed the 20 gauge marking. A 32" 24 gauge would be a rare bird, but in Japan, anything is possible. How about that Indy 500?
Bill, the 20 Gauge marking was on the barrel near the breech and I didn't post a picture of that.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com