doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Mark Larson A few before and afters - 09/04/20 11:41 PM
Hello everyone, hope you all are getting ready to enjoy your Labor Day weekend. I haven't posted on here in quite a while, so I thought I'd share a few recent before and afters of some guns I've worked on, just for kicks.

Husqvarna 15 16ga hammer gun before:

After, with cheek piece re-sculpted, full color setter portrait added, grain lightly enhanced, and silvers pad added:

LC Smith 5E 16b, with extension added, before blending:

Smith after, with extension blended and grain enhanced a bit as part of the blending process:

Very plain Husky 103A 12b before 3/4" comb addition:

After, with toe line raised, checkering re-cut, re-case colored, re-blued, and pad added:

I've been refining my processes and trying some new methods, with great results. Hope you like it.
Posted By: skeettx Re: A few before and afters - 09/05/20 12:51 AM
I LIKE it smile
Mike
Posted By: FallCreekFan Re: A few before and afters - 09/05/20 01:04 AM
Marvelous, Mark.
Posted By: Karl Graebner Re: A few before and afters - 09/05/20 01:09 AM
Mark,
I've seen your fabulous work here before, you are scary good at it!
Karl
Posted By: SamW Re: A few before and afters - 09/05/20 01:35 AM
Yes, you are right..."great results"!
Posted By: Mark Larson Re: A few before and afters - 09/05/20 02:18 AM
Thanks guys. I've been at it a long while now, and I'm finally at a place I feel really good about it all. I feel like if I can imagine it, I finally have the skills and experience to do it, and that's a great place to be at.
Posted By: Adam Stinson Re: A few before and afters - 09/05/20 02:27 AM
Awesome work, Mark!!!! Hopefully I can find a gun to send your way one day.
Posted By: Adam Stinson Re: A few before and afters - 09/05/20 02:27 AM
Please share more if you’ve got them!!
Posted By: Mark Larson Re: A few before and afters - 09/05/20 03:11 PM
Sure thing. Here's an new Iside 16 that I filed off the factory Italian skip line checkering and re-checkered, with a grain enhancement afterwards.

And here's an H & H Dominion 16 I bought for myself recently. It had this severely dished out stock with leather piece tacked on, and a 1" hard plastic butt end. I removed both, filled in and added a proper extension, and have added custom heel and toe plates from a discarded metal plate I had on hand, then hand carved the butt end with the H&H logo, which I will gold leaf. The entire stock is now painted with caramel enamel, and I haven't yet decided on the final result. I want to do silver vines and leaves with sporadic gold leaves, with some custom art and marble cake grain. Trying to decide how far to go with it...

Posted By: GLS Re: A few before and afters - 09/05/20 03:46 PM
Mark, not surprising to see such beautiful work. You gonna let some one put their sweaty cheek against that beautiful setter on the Husky? Gil
Posted By: Mark Larson Re: A few before and afters - 09/05/20 10:06 PM
Originally Posted By: GLS
Mark, not surprising to see such beautiful work. You gonna let some one put their sweaty cheek against that beautiful setter on the Husky? Gil

Yes. Mine. That's my setter, and while I've painted him before on guns I've sold, that gun is staying in my gun safe. grin
Posted By: BillK Re: A few before and afters - 09/06/20 05:15 AM
Wonderful job. congrats. BillK
Posted By: fallschirmjaeger Re: A few before and afters - 09/06/20 11:13 AM
Mark, I love seeing your work...you're certainly a miracle worker. I recently sold a Husky to a gentleman named "Mark" from Washington and I at first wondered if it was you, until he eventually told me his last name. I know you're a Husky collector as am I. Is there any chance you would also work on a Husky rifle? I have one of the Husqvarna stutzen-type Mdl. 456 guns, however the two-piece forend is missing. Any chance you would have any interest in recreating that? You can PM me if you like.
Posted By: Mark Larson Re: A few before and afters - 09/08/20 03:33 PM
Originally Posted By: fallschirmjaeger
Mark, I love seeing your work...you're certainly a miracle worker. I recently sold a Husky to a gentleman named "Mark" from Washington and I at first wondered if it was you, until he eventually told me his last name. I know you're a Husky collector as am I. Is there any chance you would also work on a Husky rifle? I have one of the Husqvarna stutzen-type Mdl. 456 guns, however the two-piece forend is missing. Any chance you would have any interest in recreating that? You can PM me if you like.

Absolutely. Feel free to give me a call at 253.241.8190. I just made a custom magnetic short forend for the model 15 above (which has the Lefaucheaux underlever).
Posted By: Hal Re: A few before and afters - 09/08/20 05:49 PM
Mark my son is looking for a forend for his Loesche. Do you do metalwork as well?

Hal
Posted By: Mills Re: A few before and afters - 09/08/20 06:58 PM
Very well done!
Posted By: Mark Larson Re: A few before and afters - 09/08/20 09:44 PM
Originally Posted By: Hal
Mark my son is looking for a forend for his Loesche. Do you do metalwork as well?

Hal

Not really Hal. I've done some custom metal forend tips and the like, but nothing too extensive.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com