doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Calgary Bill Perazzi Hammer Gun at Morphy Auction - 10/06/20 05:42 PM
Just spotted this while reviewing Morphy's upcoming auction. I have never heard of a Perazzi hammer gun although several Italian makers made a few. It is a 20 gauge with estimated sale price $15-20k. Beautiful gun but I'm downsizing. I'm sure it will attract lots of attention.
Lot 1448.
Posted By: skeettx Re: Perazzi Hammer Gun at Morphy Auction - 10/06/20 06:41 PM
Made in 1988 (AT) as listed in the auction

https://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/91049975_m-perazzi-20-bore-side-by-side-hammer-shotgun-with
As big a fan of Perazzi as I am, there's just too much shiny foofaraw on that one for me. Still, I'm glad it's not a 30" barreled gun.

SRH
Posted By: eightbore Re: Perazzi Hammer Gun at Morphy Auction - 10/07/20 01:25 PM
Stan brings up a good point. Who in hell would order a gun like this with 27" barrels? What a great gun this would be with 30" or 32" barrels. Times have certainly changed.
Posted By: SKB Re: Perazzi Hammer Gun at Morphy Auction - 10/07/20 01:38 PM
27" bbls were quite popular up until the 80's, the Scottish makers really seemed to build a large number of them. I have guns from 25" to 30" and shoot them all fine, my 29" H&H being my favorite. I prefer the longer tubes but will make do with shorter ones if need be.
At 6 lb 4 oz I'm sure this fine gun was intended as an upland bird gun.
I wonder if Perazzi made other hammer guns such as live bird (pigeon) guns?
In the same auction there is a Bertuzzi self cocking hammer 410 with 28" barrels estimated at $20-30k. Lot #1420.
Posted By: CJO Re: Perazzi Hammer Gun at Morphy Auction - 10/17/20 05:34 AM
Perazzi by name but Abbiatico and Salvinelli ( Famars) by pedigree...its their Castore model to be more precise.

All best

CJ
Thanks CJO. The shape of the hammers and receiver is distinctive.
I still wonder if other "Perazzi" hammer guns were made.
The results of the auction will be interesting.
Bill
The Perazzi hammer gun was withdrawn before the auction.
The Bertuzzi 410 self cocking hammer gun sold for $20.9k which is at the low end of the $20-$30k estimate.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com