doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Dickinson triggerplate action - 10/22/20 01:39 AM
Does anyone know of a good close up pic of a Dickinson trigger plate action, removed from the action body, of course?

I've haven't had mine out ........ yet. Doug (PA24) took one apart years ago and had very high praise for the workmanship, but I can't recall him posting a picture of it.

SRH
Posted By: RARiddell Re: Dickinson triggerplate action - 10/22/20 02:04 AM
Not the greatest, but gives you a good idea!

Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Dickinson triggerplate action - 10/22/20 02:17 AM
Thanks, Rick. Which pic shows the Dickinson?

SRH
Posted By: simcgunner Re: Dickinson triggerplate action - 10/22/20 03:07 AM
beautiful workmanship interesting the hammers appear a light colored metal and the bridles are case colored. I would have guessed the hammers would be case hardened also.
Posted By: Blue Grouse Re: Dickinson triggerplate action - 10/22/20 03:58 AM
Whoa!
Let's do a spell check first.
Dickson or Dickinson?
The pictures are of a Dickson trigger plate action from the famous Scottish maker.
There is a world of difference between the two!
Posted By: Birdog Re: Dickinson triggerplate action - 10/22/20 04:39 AM
Stan
The top photo sure looks like a John Dickson & Son, Edinburgh.
The small bottom photo is a ? James MacNaughton &Son ?, a better (larger) photo would help.
Posted By: Birdog Re: Dickinson triggerplate action - 10/22/20 05:20 AM
Image courtesy John Dickson, Edinburgh.

John Dickson trigger plate action:

Posted By: RARiddell Re: Dickinson triggerplate action - 10/22/20 10:44 AM
Whoa! Yes that’s a Dickson! My bad! I had no idea AKUS had copied the Trigger plate action! Holy cow they are getting good!
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Dickinson triggerplate action - 10/22/20 11:04 AM
No spell check needed. I spelled it correctly ..... DICKINSON. I am well aware of the differences between a Turkish made Dickinson and a Scottish made Dickson.

Thanks for the Dickson pics.

Still looking for a good pic of the Dickinson trigger plate action.

Thanks all, SRH

Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Dickinson triggerplate action - 10/22/20 12:26 PM
Stan I gOOgled Turkish turd but no picture came up.
Posted By: Wild Skies Re: Dickinson triggerplate action - 10/22/20 12:41 PM
Like you Stan, I too; own a .410 Dickinson Estate. Obviously, this pic isn't showing the trigger plate removed from the action body as you've requested, but at least it's a Dickinson.
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Dickinson triggerplate action - 10/22/20 12:44 PM
Why don't Stan just take his out and look at it ?
Posted By: Shotgunlover Re: Dickinson triggerplate action - 10/22/20 01:53 PM
Copy of a very old German Blitz lock action. The V spring powers both the hammer and sear, killing two birds with one stone, and the finish on the internal bits is as cast. No wonder they are cheap.
Posted By: John Roberts Re: Dickinson triggerplate action - 10/22/20 03:05 PM
Originally Posted By: Shotgunlover
Copy of a very old German Blitz lock action. The V spring powers both the hammer and sear, killing two birds with one stone, and the finish on the internal bits is as cast. No wonder they are cheap.

Define cheap, please. https://www.gunsinternational.com/guns-f...un_id=101506838

As long as it works reliably, what does it matter about highly finished lockwork?
JR
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Dickinson triggerplate action - 10/22/20 03:15 PM
Originally Posted By: Shotgunlover

Again, nobody is trying to compare it to a fine gun with all hand fitted and polished parts. Mine has functioned perfectly for four years, with crisp triggers, if a bit heavy. Heck, they're better than those on my Parker DHE.

Sheesh, ask about a pic and get a commentary.

SRH
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Dickinson triggerplate action - 10/23/20 02:58 AM
Wild Skies,

Thank you for that photo. not exactly what I was looking for, but it helps, and will do until someone drops their triggerplate and photographs it. I drop out my Perazzi locks often, but it requires no screw removal to do so. Maybe one day I'll take mine off, but not yet.

SRH
Posted By: Shotgunlover Re: Dickinson triggerplate action - 10/23/20 10:58 AM
Cheap as in low cost. Not in the derogatory sense describing some ladies of the night!

Simple lockwork, minimal finishing on internal parts, using a tried and tested design (no R&D costs)is the way to keep costs and prices low.

Using a name that lends itself to confusion, as shown by the first posts of this thread posting pics of DRAs can't hurt either.
Posted By: DoubleTake Re: Dickinson triggerplate action - 10/23/20 11:17 AM
Stan, in case you haven't seen the innards of your Iside here's a look.

Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Dickinson triggerplate action - 10/23/20 11:26 AM
Thanks, Dave. I haven't pulled the buttstock off of it. Looks like pretty straightforward lockworks. I probably should go in there to make sure the sears and springs have a little light oil on them.

Best, SRH
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com