doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Roy Hebbes Williams and Powell -Dr John Newton - 10/28/20 08:29 PM
Can any one provide contact information for:
Dr. John Newton, British author/writer on double guns and their makers? I have info on Williams and Powell that I would like to share with Dr,Newton,
Posted By: Joe Wood Re: Williams and Powell -Dr John Newton - 10/29/20 01:09 AM
Roy, I can’t help with your quest but I do have an incredibly nice Williams and Powell hammer gun and have searched for info. Have found some but sure skimpy. Would love to see what you’ve uncovered.
Roy , I hope you find your information. I , too, have a couple of fine Williams and Powell guns.
One a conversion to pinfire by A G Genes
A second a wonderful cased pinfire 28 gauge double rifle by Williams and Powell with accessories.
Posted By: lagopus Re: Williams and Powell -Dr John Newton - 10/29/20 10:28 AM
The Williams & Powell name is now owned by this Gunmaker: http://www.wrichardsguns.co.uk/ I do know he does not have the records but may be able to supply some information. Lagopus…..
Posted By: damascus Re: Williams and Powell -Dr John Newton - 10/29/20 10:28 AM
This may be of some help. If he is an author he will have a publisher, if you can find a book that he as written the Publisher's name and address or some other contact details will be in the book. I have found publishers very helpful though they usually will not give you contact details but rather work as a middle man between you and the author for the first contact , this is all now due to the privacy laws on this side of the pond. So try an on line library for a start, and find his/hers publishers if they have had a book published.
Hey, Roy.

I have an email address for him, but I don't want to post it publicly.

Drop me a PM, and I'll pass it along.

OWD
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com