doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: MyGSPIzzy Adding 2nd barrel set - 11/12/20 09:03 PM
Hopefully there is still room for gun-related topics here. I have a Spanish gun where I’d like to add a longer barrel set. It’s an Arrieta 802 if it matters. I am looking for feedback from anyone who has had a Spanish maker build a set of barrels for an existing gun. From the little info I can find online, I think it will be cost prohibitive but I’m wondering what the timeline and process looks like. Is there an American dealer/importer that would be a good starting point? Thanks.
Posted By: ed good Re: Adding 2nd barrel set - 11/12/20 09:33 PM
cheaper and quicker to buy another gun with longer barrels...

either morphy or rock island have a few ariettas listed in their upcoming auctions...also take a look at gunsinternational...
Posted By: ClapperZapper Re: Adding 2nd barrel set - 11/13/20 12:41 AM
Miles cheaper as in thousands
Posted By: simcgunner Re: Adding 2nd barrel set - 11/13/20 01:46 AM
They have a web site and contact info. the 802 is still listed would not Hurt to ask if it is possible.
Posted By: PALUNC Re: Adding 2nd barrel set - 11/13/20 11:13 AM
Arrieta is out of buisness. Has been for years.
Posted By: MyGSPIzzy Re: Adding 2nd barrel set - 11/13/20 08:33 PM
Thanks all. I also thought Arrieta closed shop but that another company acquired their stock and employees (AyA?). Search will continue. I’m seeing options overseas so all is not lost.
Posted By: campero Re: Adding 2nd barrel set - 11/14/20 01:01 PM
Hi, MyGSPlzzy!

Arrieta closed down but a new buyer started the factory a couple of years ago.

Arrieta shotguns

There is also a gunsmith called Ángel Mazorriga (Armas El Reno) who also makes barrels and other fine works. I think it still works.

Armas El Reno

I hope you have luck finding a new barrel for your Arrieta.

Regards!
Posted By: Kyrie Re: Adding 2nd barrel set - 11/14/20 02:07 PM
Whomever you may find to do the work will need your shotgun's receiver in hand so he can fit the barrels. That means getting the receiver to him and then getting the finished gun out of Spain.

Best of luck with whatever you choose to do.
Posted By: arrieta2 Re: Adding 2nd barrel set - 11/14/20 03:06 PM
Arrieta is definitely out of business.

A man purchased the name and right s of Arrieta and planned to bring the company back to life

However that never happened

John Boyd
Posted By: campero Re: Adding 2nd barrel set - 11/14/20 06:53 PM
Originally Posted By: arrieta2
Arrieta is definitely out of business.

A man purchased the name and right s of Arrieta and planned to bring the company back to life

However that never happened

John Boyd

John, I have good news for you: Arrieta is open and working.

MyGSPlzzy, I know who´s the person that can solve your question. He works in Arrieta now. I have his contact.

Regards!
Posted By: eightbore Re: Adding 2nd barrel set - 11/14/20 09:34 PM
The way to go is to order a gun from the "new guy" and casually mention that you need a set of barrels for your old gun.
Posted By: arrieta2 Re: Adding 2nd barrel set - 11/15/20 09:01 PM
Thats great. A few years back a guy from Spain contacted me and said he purchased Arrieta and was going to bring it back to life with new machinery. After about 4-6 months I heard nothing from him and try to make contact via his email. No reply. Tried on two other occasions and no reply. Figured he never did anything to restore the company

Love to know how you know this. Do you know who actually owns the company?

Thanks a bunch!

John Boyd
Posted By: arrieta2 Re: Adding 2nd barrel set - 11/15/20 09:01 PM

Posted By: arrieta2 Re: Adding 2nd barrel set - 11/15/20 09:05 PM
That is the same website that they have had before. The only thing that is new is the other address:Claudio Coello, 32, 3º
28001 Madrid – SPAIN

This is the place of the name who told me he purchased the company and never replied on several times I tried to make contact

John Boyd
Posted By: Imperdix Re: Adding 2nd barrel set - 11/16/20 06:29 AM
No mention of them from their once dealers here in UK,Powell`s or Churchill`s !!!!
Posted By: campero Re: Adding 2nd barrel set - 11/16/20 10:52 AM
Originally Posted By: arrieta2
Thats great. A few years back a guy from Spain contacted me and said he purchased Arrieta and was going to bring it back to life with new machinery. After about 4-6 months I heard nothing from him and try to make contact via his email. No reply. Tried on two other occasions and no reply. Figured he never did anything to restore the company

Love to know how you know this. Do you know who actually owns the company?

Thanks a bunch!

John Boyd

John, I´ll send you by PM the excutive director contact.

Regards!
Posted By: arrieta2 Re: Adding 2nd barrel set - 11/16/20 02:06 PM
Thank you

Message received and reply sent

John Boyd
Posted By: campero Re: Adding 2nd barrel set - 11/16/20 04:35 PM
You´re welcome!

Hope MyGSPlzzy find he´s looking for.

Regards!
Posted By: MyGSPIzzy Re: Adding 2nd barrel set - 11/18/20 05:36 AM
Thanks for the additional feedback. Campero, I sent you a PM.
Posted By: campero Re: Adding 2nd barrel set - 11/18/20 12:07 PM
You´ve got it. ;-)

Regards!
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com