doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: skeettx Husky with Damascus or Twist barrels - 11/13/20 12:58 AM
Anyone have one?

Thanks

Mike
I've seen them on Simpson Ltd before, but I've never bought one. I think they were usually on the older underlever models but its possible I may have seen one on a sidelock hammer model. Maybe Mark Larson has one...
Posted By: Mark Larson Re: Husky with Damascus or Twist barrels - 11/13/20 03:13 PM
I have a couple, and have owned many. What would you like to know?

Here are the three Husky's I currently own. Top to bottom, a model 103A steel 12ga, a model 15 twist 16ga and a just recently acquired model 36 Jones underlever 16 with barnard damascus, the only Jones underlever Husky I've ever seen.

That fluid steel 12 gauge is the highest condition Husky I've ever seen. Your restoration work?
Posted By: Mark Larson Re: Husky with Damascus or Twist barrels - 11/13/20 04:20 PM
Originally Posted By: Remington40x
That fluid steel 12 gauge is the highest condition Husky I've ever seen. Your restoration work?

Yes it is. I raised the comb 3/4" and the toe line 1/2", then completely painted over the stock and re-grained it, in addition to a re-blue and re-case color. After the adjustments, it's a great shooter. Shot two rounds of 24 at trap with it recently, and took some ducks with it also. Here are some before/afters:

Beautiful
Here's a project...

https://simpsonltd.com/husqvarna-model-15-underlever-z19062/
Posted By: tunes Re: Husky with Damascus or Twist barrels - 11/13/20 08:49 PM
Here's mine. I restored it several years ago.
Husky Model 49 16ga

My gosh Tunes, the wood...
Posted By: mark Re: Husky with Damascus or Twist barrels - 11/15/20 02:16 AM
https://www.gunsinternational.com/guns-f...89&cdn_bp=1
Posted By: Mark Larson Re: Husky with Damascus or Twist barrels - 11/16/20 09:58 PM
Yesterday with my model 15 underlever 16ga:

Posted By: Mark Larson Re: Husky with Damascus or Twist barrels - 11/16/20 09:59 PM

Beautiful job on that 49 Mark!
Posted By: mark Re: Husky with Damascus or Twist barrels - 11/17/20 09:32 PM
Thanks!
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com