doublegunshop.com - home
I'm thinking about selling a 20 gauge Superposed, 28 inch IC/M, short tang, round knob, no salt, with an original Browning Hartmann case. Gun has an aftermarket pad, stock not cut, near perfect bluing and only minor handling marks on the wood. Looking at various sites, the pricing seems to be all over the place.

Have any of you seen one sell recently and could you give me an idea what it might be worth?

Thanks.
2400 seems to stick in my head for a field grade in good condition in 20
+ $200-300 for thé Hartman case.
Rem40, sounds like you have a nice one. Those with long tangs bring more bucks, but yours pretty much ticks off all the other boxes.
Grade 1, 28-inch, short tang $1600 if no salt issues.
Grade 1, 28-inch, long tang $2500.
$2400 sounds bout right for the gun...

sell case separately for $200...

it adds no value to the gun...
Originally Posted By: ed good
...sell case separately for $200...
it adds no value to the gun...

I recently bought a period Hartman case for a 2 barrel Superposed project that ils almost complète. It doesn’t surprise me that the real value is lost on you. The increase in value includes the enhanced experience as well as putting your gun in à nice vintage case.

uh bob, the theme of this thread is selling, hopefully for a profit...

if it gives you pleasure to put $2500 guns in $250 cases, pls do so...

A few years ago, at Winter Vegas, a three digit, mint condition, 28" field choked Grade 1 20 sold for ten grand. A short tang, round knob, 28" field choked 20 with a non original pad, should bring about $1800 if mint. Is the stock cut on a curve, or straight? What is the actual length of the wood?
pads are a killer on most gons...
The original poster didn't make clear whether the "uncut stock" was still cut on the curve and original length. Makes a difference.
Superposed's are soft right now. have been for a while, from what I have seen and inmho.
i notice long tang all original 20's are still strong...
...and lightning RKLT and FKLT bring more than standard weight guns. Personally, the flat knob long tang 20 bores are my favorites. Most have mechanical triggers and are stocked a bit higher in the comb (at heel, face and comb nose) than the other varieties. For some reason, the RKLT guns are the most coveted, I think.
I buy Supers, and just for me personally, I expect the Hartman case to be included if it's a halfway decent gun (unless there's something better included).
TCN and what do you expect to pay for a nice RKLT 20 superposed with Hartman case?
Buzz is spot on re: the FKLT guns of the early 70's. Slightly higher (more shootable for me) stock dimensions and the mechanical Mark 5 trigger, and the top ribs were being silver soldered on these guns.....Great reliability and Just about fool proof with minimal maintenance.
Depends on configuration; I like Dianas, so assuming one barrel and 98% condition, $8K+. Add more for condition, extra barrels, nicer wood, more open chokes, etc.

I'd be finger to the wind on Grade I's, but for 97%, no real issues, I would think the number starts with a 3?
If the 20 gauge doesn't have long tang, round knob, 28" barrels in field chokes, original butt, mint condition, it has no value over about $1500. All others are shooters. End of story. The guns described are $3000 guns or better.
Originally Posted By: eightbore
If the 20 gauge doesn't have long tang, round knob, 28" barrels in field chokes, original butt, mint condition, it has no value over about $1500. All others are shooters. End of story. The guns described are $3000 guns or better.
Bologna.
Eightbore has iron in his words of superposed life and death. I choose RKLT , 28”, original curved butt plate, y top tang, field chokes and solid rib for 3k plus configuration ( Not sure about mint condition, but Tolex case has to be a plus)
Best regards,
JBP
I mentioned earlier the RKLT guns are the most coveted (who knows why when the FKLT are likely better guns). But, that does not mean other guns aren’t collected. Are you and Eightbore telling me a gun such as a FKLT 70’s Pointer grade 20 isn’t a collectible? Give me a break.
I am referencing the value discussion on grade 1 guns. Higher grade guns are addressed at different price points than the $1500/$ 3000 values that I inferred were being discussed.
Anything can be collectible, but actual transference in a marketplace would be dependent upon the degree of perceived desirability, or a broad consensus of traits than determine a scale of value.
The Parker aficionados have ascribed highest value to mint original condition.
Other groups place higher value on a gun’s association with well known historical “personas “.......Teddy Roosevelt’s or Nash Buckingham’s Foxes.......each to their own.
Best regards,
JBP
three grand will buy a nice one...$3500 will buy ah really nice one...
I have consigned 20 gauge Superposed guns with minor warts to auction houses. The minor warts, square knobs, short tangs, recoil pads, 26 1/2" barrels, short stocks, less than excellent condition, etc. Invariably, a single wart results in a net received price of less than $2000. At the same auction house, a gun with none of those warts can result in a selling price in excess of $4000. A steel trigger, solid rib, field choked gun in high condition can sell for twice that.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com