doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: ed good light weight lc smith 12 bore - 11/23/20 11:45 PM
ah must confess, i am ah little prejudiced against lc smith guns ...what ah relief, ah finally said it...feel so much better now...anyway, most 12 bore smiths that have passed through my hands over the years have always felt heavy, ill balanced and some what clunky...not as bad as 12 bore parkers, but close...

and then...

Posted By: ed good Re: light weight lc smith 12 bore - 11/23/20 11:52 PM
today, i was blessed with the opportunity to sell a really outstanding 12 bore lc smith light weight field gun...did i say light weight? how bout 6 pounds, 9 ounces, with 26" barrels...it is a well balanced, lively gun, that swings like a dream...

anybody got one similar they would like to talk about...

oh, an this is a hunter arms gun, # Lw 127xxx...what can you tell us about it?
Posted By: Ted Schefelbein Re: light weight lc smith 12 bore - 11/23/20 11:53 PM
Did you find an old jar of corn squeezings ed?

Best,
Ted
Posted By: ed good Re: light weight lc smith 12 bore - 11/24/20 01:19 AM
ah don call on activist...

anybody got one similar they would like to talk about?
Posted By: lagopus Re: light weight lc smith 12 bore - 11/26/20 04:11 PM
Oddly I did find a Featherweight Field model here in the U.K. in a gun shop. Very good condition and quite cheap. First I had seen. I suspect that it was a 'grey import' as it dated to 1939 and had not been through a U.K. Proof House. Brought in probably by someone in the U.S. military and then sold on to a local. I got it after Proof in Birmingham which of course it sailed through as expected. I kept it for a while then sold it on. 'Lightweight' is certainly was not! That is compared to the home grown stuff. I was just curious about it having not come across one before. Lagopus…..
Posted By: bbman3 Re: light weight lc smith 12 bore - 11/27/20 02:10 PM
They got heavier the longer they were made. Bobby
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com