doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Dennis Potter a Touchmark, by whom? - 11/29/20 03:35 AM
I am always saddened when I see a finely stocked shotgun or rifle, or fine metalwork, or engraving. Why would the artist not sign his or her fine work? Even just a pencil notation in the barrel channel, under the guard tang or butt plate.

I recently came across an excellent stocking of a Specialty LC Smith, no name anywhere, but the touchmark was applied under the plate, and in the forend, so now I must ask, who's mark is this? It was a single character, shaped like a cross, upright and the stems were stylized, broader at the ends, and pointed. Someone knows this artist, who is it?
Posted By: J.B.Patton Re: a Touchmark, by whom? - 11/29/20 11:55 PM
Knights Templar signet?
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: a Touchmark, by whom? - 11/30/20 12:12 AM
Good to "see you", J.B. I've missed seeing those beautiful "doubles and ducks" pictures you used to post. Hope you're well and still chasing them.

Good luck with your quest, Dennis. Sorry I can't help out.

Best, SRH
Posted By: Dennis Potter Re: a Touchmark, by whom? - 11/30/20 02:45 AM
I may be miss-interpreting the Touchmark, It may be the letter T,
Still like to know who did the work.
Posted By: Ted Schefelbein Re: a Touchmark, by whom? - 11/30/20 03:21 AM
Dennis,
If you can take a picture of the mark, and email it to me, I’ll post it here for you.

tedjs@usfamily.net

Best,
Ted
Posted By: J.B.Patton Re: a Touchmark, by whom? - 11/30/20 05:28 PM
Still hanging around Stan-
Too warm in my locale for any nice flights from the north- been out half a dozen times and one lonely Suzy was the only take. The season ends on Dec 23 here , so hoping for some cold weather to change our luck. Been using my Lindner 10 ga hammer gun as of late- it would be nice to get her some more work before Xmas.
Best regards,
JBP
Posted By: Dennis Potter Re: a Touchmark, by whom? - 12/02/20 03:02 AM
Ted, I will as soon as I can get my computer guy to straighten out my machine; the Powers That Be updated something, and now I can't mail...Thanks
Posted By: Owenjj3 Re: a Touchmark, by whom? - 12/04/20 04:16 AM
Dennis, it could be CrossedChisels aka David Trevallion, but would need to see the marks.
Posted By: Argo44 Re: a Touchmark, by whom? - 12/04/20 04:20 AM
I talk to David Trevallion about once a month or so. Could ask a question of him if you would like. He still does occasionally read and post on this board. And he still does stock guns...even now.
Posted By: Ted Schefelbein Re: a Touchmark, by whom? - 12/10/20 01:28 AM
The mark in question:

I haven’t seen it before.

Best,
Ted
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com