doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: docbill lace on/slip on stock lengthener - 12/27/20 07:16 PM
I'm looking for a shotgun stock lengthener. The gun in question already has a recoil pad on it so a lengthener will work. I need about an inch.
Any suggestions? The stock in question is 5 1/4" tall, 1 5/8" wide. I have searched the net and most of the pads don't fit this butt dimensions.

Thanks for your insights.
BB
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: lace on/slip on stock lengthener - 12/27/20 07:34 PM
Check out the KickKiller leather pads. I use them, exclusively, for temporary stock lengthening, but they only add 1/2"+. I have increased that amount by adding "shims" inside before putting it on the gun. KKs come in four sizes. The largest should be perfect for your gun. They say it is 5.3" X 1.74", inside measurements.

I've been using them for over twenty years and have never even come close to wearing one out. Excellent product.

SRH
Posted By: Replacement Re: lace on/slip on stock lengthener - 12/27/20 08:24 PM
Pachmayr makes/made a velcro and leather pad. Don't remember size.
Posted By: ithaca1 Re: lace on/slip on stock lengthener - 12/27/20 08:27 PM
Originally Posted By: Replacement
Pachmayr makes/made a velcro and leather pad. Don't remember size.

I like and use the pachmayr as well.
Posted By: Dan S. W. Re: lace on/slip on stock lengthener - 12/27/20 10:00 PM
Pachmayr Decelerator Magnum Slip On Recoil Pads Medium Brown # 04417 - very temporary but cheap if you are just looking for a one off. Comes in three sizes. Starts to slip after a few shots.
Posted By: skeettx Re: lace on/slip on stock lengthener - 12/27/20 10:23 PM

I like the velcro on best

Looks like MEDIUM is close fit

http://www.kick-killer-recoil-pads.com/kick-killer-slip-on-recoil-pad-with-velcro-closure/

http://www.kick-killer-recoil-pads.com/kick-killer-slip-on-recoil-pad-with-lace-up-closure/
Posted By: SXS 40 Re: lace on/slip on stock lengthener - 12/28/20 12:15 AM
Tourbon makes a leather slip on you can adjust by adding/removing interior pads. They are on EBay and are cheap. Quality made and sleek looking.
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: lace on/slip on stock lengthener - 12/28/20 02:15 AM
Everything Tourbon is made in China.

Kick Killer is made in the U.S.A.

'Nuff said.
Posted By: Cameron Re: lace on/slip on stock lengthener - 12/28/20 02:51 AM
I was looking at the CSMC Gamekeeper slip on leather pad, with the velcro fastening system. Nice looking pad...anyone have any experience with that particular pad? It looks like they will add 3/4" to the lop and are 5 oz in weight, according to the description.
Posted By: Paul Harm Re: lace on/slip on stock lengthener - 12/28/20 09:14 PM
I have three leather slip on pads with the Velcro fastening system. I make leather sheaths so there's plenty of spare leather laying around for spacers. Any of the slip on pads will take spacers if a little longer LOP is wanted. Sometimes the stitching has to be redone around the toe.
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: lace on/slip on stock lengthener - 12/28/20 09:19 PM
Originally Posted By: Cameron
I was looking at the CSMC Gamekeeper slip on leather pad, with the velcro fastening system. Nice looking pad...anyone have any experience with that particular pad? It looks like they will add 3/4" to the lop and are 5 oz in weight, according to the description.

It's a nice looking pad, but isn't large enough to fit OP's gun butt.
Just sent you an e-mail about this item, on the PMS message service thingy our host provides us (thanky, Dave)--
Posted By: docbill Re: lace on/slip on stock lengthener - 12/28/20 11:37 PM
Thanks Stan. I will check out the kick killer.
Merry Christmas to all of you.
Posted By: 67galaxie Re: lace on/slip on stock lengthener - 12/29/20 03:31 PM
Accu-riser makes a nice leather pad in 3 different sizes depending on butt plate height. They all come with shims for the inside to increase padding and lop for the short guns we still live to shoot. They slip on and buckle down. It's their Leatherman pad
Posted By: MattH Re: lace on/slip on stock lengthener - 12/29/20 10:20 PM
+1 for 67galaxie's recommendation. I have a couple of those and like them very much. Here's a link: https://www.accu-riser.com/leather-butt-pad-bp-2000/
Posted By: Konor3inch Re: lace on/slip on stock lengthener - 12/29/20 10:46 PM
I have at present an orvis leather pad ,velcro fastening ,on my model 12 skeet gun. It has been durable and comfortable and good value for money. It is also made in the US of A. I have also owned Galco pads similar style and quality and may even be the manufacturer of the orvis pads
Posted By: docbill Re: lace on/slip on stock lengthener - 12/29/20 10:50 PM
Thanks Galaxie. They look pretty nice.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com