doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: John Roberts Hail and farewell Rush Limbaugh - 02/17/21 07:58 PM
Godspeed my friend. You were the greatest.
JR
Posted By: pamtnman Re: Hail and farewell Rush Limbaugh - 02/17/21 08:00 PM
I was going to post the same goodbye, but I’m afraid it will be pulled for being political.
Bye, Rush. You were a fabulous American
Posted By: John Roberts Re: Hail and farewell Rush Limbaugh - 02/17/21 08:03 PM
Nothing political about honoring a great patriot and American hero. I dare this to be taken down for any reason.
JR
Posted By: simcgunner Re: Hail and farewell Rush Limbaugh - 02/17/21 08:17 PM
I will miss his calm defense of his positions. I was a fan for many years. while I personally would not call him a hero. He was a tremendous voice for the right.RIP.
Posted By: Dave Weber Re: Hail and farewell Rush Limbaugh - 02/17/21 09:38 PM
Not being pulled...Rush was great and I will miss hearing him daily.

My dad turned me onto him years ago and I’ve been an avid fan since.

It was very sad to hear his wife start the show with news of his demise.

Rest in Peace.

Also....If any member disrespects Rush by talking crap about him.... they will get an immediate 30 day ban.

Already had a member take advantage of my ban offer...too bad as It’s really a no brainer...If you have nothing nice to say about Rush...don’t’ say anything at all.
Posted By: Lloyd3 Re: Hail and farewell Rush Limbaugh - 02/17/21 09:44 PM
It's been a tough year....
Posted By: dukxdog Re: Hail and farewell Rush Limbaugh - 02/17/21 09:51 PM
I listened to Rush daily when I had radio reception for around 15 years. He informed us and educated us like no one else could. He was a strong voice for conservative values.
Godspeed Rush.
Posted By: Der Ami Re: Hail and farewell Rush Limbaugh - 02/17/21 10:29 PM
My late very good friend "Pappy'" was a retired machinist and taught me a lot about using the lathe, mill, surface grinder, etc. as well as life. Every day, he stopped whatever he was doing to listen to Rush. Pappy would have given anything to meet Rush, I guess now he has. BTY, Pappy turned me on to him too.
Mike
Posted By: ed good Re: Hail and farewell Rush Limbaugh - 02/17/21 10:32 PM
when i voted for barry goldwater in 1964, i was suspicious that i was a conservative...when i began listening to rush and imus in the eighties, that is when i knew it...have been a fan of both ever since...no one has yet to appear that can measure up to them, except maybe trump...
Posted By: Ted Schefelbein Re: Hail and farewell Rush Limbaugh - 02/17/21 10:40 PM
Mick, from the high country dittos, Rush.

Godspeed.

Best,
Ted
Posted By: L. Brown Re: Hail and farewell Rush Limbaugh - 02/18/21 10:52 AM
Early on, I happened to be listening to Rush when he suggested that there ought to be a national day for women, and was looking for nominations. Someone called in and said "Mary Jo Kopechne Day . . . because she kept Teddy Kennedy from being president." At which point Rush declared that nominations ceased. That was a classic, and pretty darned funny.
Posted By: tut Re: Hail and farewell Rush Limbaugh - 02/18/21 10:59 AM
My dad listened to Paul Harvey and Rush while working in the garage on cars. Sadly all 3 are gone now.
Posted By: craigd Re: Hail and farewell Rush Limbaugh - 02/18/21 11:51 AM
Farewell Rush.
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Hail and farewell Rush Limbaugh - 02/18/21 12:02 PM
Goodbye for now, Rush. RIP.

Well done, good and faithful servant.

SRH
Posted By: KY Jon Re: Hail and farewell Rush Limbaugh - 02/18/21 02:24 PM
Rush had such a dry sense of humor it was too often missed. I enjoyed him for 30 years. He will be missed by millions. Few politicians can say the same. God bless and may he Rest In Peace.
Posted By: Buzz Re: Hail and farewell Rush Limbaugh - 02/18/21 02:38 PM
Rush was great. He explained conservative ideals in a manner that made them very attractive. RIP Rush.
Posted By: FallCreekFan Re: Hail and farewell Rush Limbaugh - 02/18/21 03:04 PM
As a fellow southern Missourian (He was from Cape (Girardeau) and went to Southeast Mo State. I got here a year before he did and went to Southwest Mo State) he came by his common sense and kind ways honestly. His strength of conviction and clarity of reason never wavered or wore thin. Historically, Missourians aren’t easily duped hence the Show Me nickname and Rush epitomized that.
He was a great American and a proud son of his home state. Our hats are off to you, brother.
Posted By: nca225 Re: Hail and farewell Rush Limbaugh - 02/18/21 06:33 PM
Shoot. This news is just tragic. Dying of lung cancer is a real sh!tty and painful way to go. So sad.

Didn't agree with Rush on a lot, if anything, but he was good at connecting the dots and at least he was a good cigar smoker.

https://www.cigaraficionado.com/article/rushs-judgment-6019
Posted By: craigd Re: Hail and farewell Rush Limbaugh - 02/18/21 07:33 PM
Rush famously said he took on his detractors with half his brain tied behind his back. I think he was hoping for the best, but obviously never got it.
Posted By: David Williamson Re: Hail and farewell Rush Limbaugh - 02/18/21 09:39 PM
Yes Rush will be missed by many. Always interesting to listen to him. God Bless him.
Posted By: Tom Bryant Re: Hail and farewell Rush Limbaugh - 02/18/21 11:22 PM
I always tried to get my mom to call in to his show. We lived in Cape Girardeau in the early 60’s and my mom was his junior high school English instructor. She tells me that he was a smart ass - don’t know that that quality ever left him. Part of his appeal.
Posted By: Nudge Re: Hail and farewell Rush Limbaugh - 02/19/21 01:00 AM
He was a giant.

The legacy of logic, of informed, right thinking people that he left in his wake gives him a footprint in history larger than MOST U.S. presidents. And that's NOT hyperbole.

He should have a monument.

NDG
Posted By: John Roberts Re: Hail and farewell Rush Limbaugh - 02/19/21 02:20 AM
Originally Posted by Tom Bryant
I always tried to get my mom to call in to his show. We lived in Cape Girardeau in the early 60’s and my mom was his junior high school English instructor. She tells me that he was a smart ass - don’t know that that quality ever left him. Part of his appeal.
All junior high English teachers see their male students as smart asses. They would be correct.
JR
Posted By: Tom Bryant Re: Hail and farewell Rush Limbaugh - 02/19/21 03:19 AM
All junior high English teachers see their male students as smart asses. They would be correct.
JR[/quote]

For sure.
Posted By: keith Re: Hail and farewell Rush Limbaugh - 02/21/21 12:47 AM
Rush Limbaugh understood how precious our Constitutional Rights are, and spent his career supporting the pro-2nd Amendment Conservatives who would work to preserve our freedoms. He urged President Trump to never compromise with the Democrats on gun rights. He was a strong supporter of the NRA. Although I never heard him say that he was a gun owner, a shooter, or a hunter, he had our backs... unlike some people right here. Rest in peace Rush. And thank you.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: gil russell Re: Hail and farewell Rush Limbaugh - 02/22/21 01:39 AM
I find it impossible to add to the narrative here. What a wonderful American patriot. God Bless Rush and may God bless America!
Posted By: Grouse Guy Re: Hail and farewell Rush Limbaugh - 02/22/21 02:01 AM
Rush was a great entertainer.
Posted By: craigd Re: Hail and farewell Rush Limbaugh - 02/22/21 03:37 AM
Originally Posted by Grouse Guy
Rush was a great entertainer.

He was entertaining in that he could command the attention of multi millions daily. but he was rigidly held to factual scrutiny. A quality that came naturally to him, while giving legitimacy and voice to the fly over country.
Posted By: Ted Schefelbein Re: Hail and farewell Rush Limbaugh - 02/22/21 02:42 PM
Keith,
Rush was a speaker at one of the NRA conventions, where he was gifted a muzzle loading Kentucky style rifle. His show was based in New York at the time, and he did a monologue about how it was virtually impossible for him to keep the primitive gun in New York. As if New Yorkers were in some sort of grave danger from radio talk show hosts, armed with flint locks, rampaging in the city.
He was on the air for 30+ years, with leftists literally employed by organizations trying to find a “gotcha” moment in every broadcast, and succeeded in making liberal ideas look as dumb as they always are, while making any thinking person laugh out loud. He used to say liberals are the show, they just don’t get it, and he was 100% correct.

Best,
Ted
Posted By: keith Re: Hail and farewell Rush Limbaugh - 02/22/21 07:25 PM
Ted, thanks for the reminder about the flintlock rifle that was presented to Rush by the NRA, in recognition of his support for the 2nd Amendment. I obviously missed his program about the problems with owning it in New York City, because I am one of those fools who works for a living and pays taxes, instead of expecting government hand-outs.

Your comment is relevant here, because it illustrates the foolishness of those guys who actually believe that if we give up semi-autos, handguns, large cap magazines, etc., then the anti-gun Democrats will not come after our double shotguns. Where Democrats rule, not even single shot flintlocks or percussion guns are safe from onerous regulations.
Posted By: Ted Schefelbein Re: Hail and farewell Rush Limbaugh - 02/23/21 12:36 AM
I spent a lot of years working shifts in commercial printing, Keith. Work a decade or so, get to day shift, shop goes TU, start over again, at a different shop, usually 11:00PM-7:00AM, spend another decade in the hole.
Repeat until dead. I earned every dollar that passed through my hands.
The only good thing on the airwaves, in the middle of the day, was Rush. I caught a lot of EIB programs, over the years.

Best,
Ted
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com